Toyota C-HR (New, Cheaper LE/XLE Trims Added for 2019)

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by mikeavelli, Feb 26, 2016.

1. flexus
    Honda's downhill in Europe started in 2014-2015. What happened? Well, they stopped selling two most important vehicles in Europe: Civic (EU spec) and Accord. No manufacturer can compete without these models. Nissan and Honda are playing very dangerous gamble by offering only SUVs and compact cars. Why did Toyota grow in Europe? They made Avensis and Auris just for Europe.

2. spwolf
    Honda was never big in Europe though, but yes, difference between Toyota and Honda was 3x before, now it is Toyota having 5x sales:
    http://carsalesbase.com/european-car-sales-data/honda/
    http://carsalesbase.com/european-car-sales-data/toyota/

(EU data)

Joaquin Ruhi likes this.
  3. shizhi
    flexus, Gecko, Joaquin Ruhi and 4 others like this.
  4. Gecko
    Gecko Staff Member Administrator
    Very cool. Thank you for sharing! I guess that lines up well with the UX trademark we saw... was it UX 200e or something similar?

5. spwolf
    not so sure, this is for China, actually @ssun30 had info on CHR EV for a while now.

6. flexus
    Is both CHR and Izoa getting EV? ALPHARD 埃尔法的HEV车型、全新MPV车型将首次亮相中国市场。What this part says? Does the all new MPV (flagship?) for Chinese market refer to Alphard or Lexus MPV or completly new model?

7. spwolf
    Alphard hybrid is coming to China and both CHRs will get EV, i think they operate in differents part of country.

F1 Silver Arrows and flexus like this.
  8. shizhi
    yes,chr and izoa both get ev model;
    new mpv is vellfire(威尔法) hev,now alphard 3.5L is sold in gac-toyota store,(and this year late alphard hev will take place of 3.5L model),vellfire hev will be sold in faw-toyota store…
    this picture introduce new vehicle plan for faw-toyota in 2019…last one is tnga RAV4…
    7E8F9931-E7DB-44AD-834F-2DAD7D4ECDDA.jpeg

Last edited: Apr 5, 2019
  9. Joaquin Ruhi
    Joaquin Ruhi Staff Member Moderator
    UX 300e

F1 Silver Arrows, Gecko and flexus like this.
  10. ssun30
    Sucks that I will miss the launch events, I will be in the U.S. during that time.

Interesting that both the Alphard and Vellfire will lose the 3.5L V6 options, which I suppose will become a Lexus LM exclusive. Makes a lot of sense though since now Lexus wants that fat profit.

Last edited: Apr 6, 2019
  11. Motor

flexus and Joaquin Ruhi like this.
  12. Bluesuprarcf52
    Refresh this year for Chr or until model year 2021? I would like the chr to gain the 2.0 liter dynamic force engine from the corolla to replace its current engine. Would also like to see a hybrid be offer. Awd too finally. Both full led headlights and taillights too. All this for the Us market. That will be a worthy refresh.

flexus likes this.
  13. spwolf
    all of that could happen, but it would then have $5k higher price... so it would be more expensive than some reasonable Rav4 trims.

Which is why it wont happen for US market.

Europe should get higher power engine as option later this year, should be a facelift.

14. Will1991
    [​IMG]
    Full digital display, seems nice :)

[​IMG]

Prismatic cells, nothing new as they're the chosen format for all the batteries
    Maybe 60kWh? (11 modules with something like 32 cells each)
    AirCooled, better than Leaf but I see it as an limitation to rapid charging, should top out at 100kWh like Leaf e+

flexus and Joaquin Ruhi like this.