Toyota BZ4X

IS-SV

Premium Member
Reactions
I saw one yesterday on the street, I thought it was a vehicle with unfinished bodywork because of the unpainted fenders. The styling will not make up for the mediocre range and performance. bz4x, what a name :rolleyes:, beyond zero I guess.

Gor134

Follower
Reactions
I have only seen one on the street in Los Angeles so far, as opposed to the EV6 and Ioniq5 which are EVERYWHERE it seems. That said, those have been on sale for awhile, so I wonder if the BZ4X will be as popular too.

Levi

Expert
Reactions
I have only seen one on the street in Los Angeles so far, as opposed to the EV6 and Ioniq5 which are EVERYWHERE it seems. That said, those have been on sale for awhile, so I wonder if the BZ4X will be as popular too.
Ioniq5 is the ugliest EV made.

spwolf

Expert
Reactions
Pricing is ok, they started little bit of deliveries to dealers.

It is not as efficient as they hope in real life, and 20% bigger battery would do wonders long term.
Rest of the stuff in Europe they can fix, life adding charging stations to nav, etc

NXracer

Admirer
Reactions
I guess you haven't been following Tesla too closely lately? They've raised prices something like 4 times in the last year, including just days ago https://jalopnik.com/tesla-raises-prices-significantly-across-model-lineup-1849069984
While my logic says who would pay that much for a NX sized crossover, I forget I have to embrace the Tesla mindset before commenting.

EV materials costs, supply shortages indicate that these prices are not the end of their increases. Its crazy though, that delivery timelines are 6 months out.

ssun30

Expert
Reactions
While my logic says who would pay that much for a NX sized crossover, I forget I have to embrace the Tesla mindset before commenting.

EV materials costs, supply shortages indicate that these prices are not the end of their increases. Its crazy though, that delivery timelines are 6 months out.
The EV price explosion is just beginning. It will make the current car price inflation look like child's play.

Component manufacturers buy materials using futures contract so they weren't exposed to the commodity boom earlier. After those contracts expire we are going to see some wild prices.

Levi

Expert
Reactions
The EV price explosion is just beginning. It will make the current car price inflation look like child's play.

Component manufacturers buy materials using futures contract so they weren't exposed to the commodity boom earlier. After those contracts expire we are going to see some wild prices.
Western Europe will soon be a third world country.

NXracer

Admirer
Reactions
The Tundra has a rear hub recall now as well, that toyota believes is unrelated to this BZ recall.

The fix on the tundra, is retorque, while the BZ is TBD/Drop off at the dealer and pick up a loaner.

Interesting times.