CRSKTN

Expert
Reactions
Trump supporter talking trash about black or Latino members on this forum.

Literally my most disliked thing, hard to explain. It seems there is some miscommunication if you think I in any way am promoting ignorance.

For the record, the corrupt enabler class from my home nation are terrible people and terrible tourists, too. It's not nationality, it's what seat you hold. I became incensed at the anti west rhetoric and got defensive on their behalf, and the retaliation came across badly.

I will revise my posts to make sure there is no possible offense.

Anyways, you're a smart guy and I have learned a lot from you, so I will send you peace and love and well wishes.

shizhi

Follower
Reactions
It's right to stop such stupid discussions. I have no intention of accusing any other government, as I said myself, because I'm not from there. Even I seldom talk about China's own affairs, because such comments have nothing to do with cars. I hope that everyone should speak carefully about what they know one sidedly, especially if such a speech will destroy friendship.
There is an old Chinese saying that "seek common ground while reserving differences".

CRSKTN

Expert
Reactions
It's right to stop such stupid discussions. I have no intention of accusing any other government, as I said myself, because I'm not from there. Even I seldom talk about China's own affairs, because such comments have nothing to do with cars. I hope that everyone should speak carefully about what they know one sidedly, especially if such a speech will destroy friendship.
There is an old Chinese saying that "seek common ground while reserving differences".

This has resolved somewhat amicably. How anticlimactic.

I still think this is a nice van.

shizhi

Follower
Reactions
Back to LM, its price in China is of course ridiculous. Many Chinese people say that these buyers are "stupid people but rich in money".

This phenomenon comes from the continuation of alaphard, where the rich just need a unique / hard to buy / expensive symbol. When they turned to LM, there was no doubt that the price of alaphard / Vellfire fell. And Toyota strictly controls the number of these three types of cars exported to China, avoiding price fluctuations. In addition, this is also a way to help sell some unsalable models. Previously, GAC Toyota helped promote Levin with Alaphard. Dealers make more profit from Alaphard, but they need to help Toyota sell Levin. In terms of total revenue, some Levin may be sold at a loss.

The same way,Lexus dealer may need to sell several UX300es to obtain the sales qualification of an LM300h.

Rydo

Follower
Reactions
I learned new about LM today, you can get them in right-hand drive! Now I just need to work out what language that is and how much it costs there 😂

Joaquin Ruhi

Reactions
I learned new about LM today, you can get them in right-hand drive! Now I just need to work out what language that is and how much it costs there 😂

More than likely, Thailand. The Facebook page for Spin9 is rife with Thai references. Thailand is one of several Southeast Asian right-hand-drive countries, and the Lexus LM appears prominently on the Lexus Thailand website. Indonesia is another RHD S.E. Asia market offering the LM.

Rydo

Follower
Reactions
More than likely, Thailand. The Facebook page for Spin9 is rife with Thai references. Thailand is one of several Southeast Asian right-hand-drive countries, and the Lexus LM appears prominently on the Lexus Thailand website. Indonesia is another RHD S.E. Asia market offering the LM.

The Lexus Indonesia site is all English - prices start at £125,000 😟 - about $165,000!

The photos look great on the site too

lightbox-1.jpg

Rydo

Follower
Reactions

Such a cool car, I can hear the enthusiasm in his Japanese - probably wondering why Lexus don't just attempt to sell it in the homeland?

I wonder if LS wheels would sit on it, sometimes the wheels look embarrassingly small.

spwolf

Expert
Reactions
Such a cool car, I can hear the enthusiasm in his Japanese - probably wondering why Lexus don't just attempt to sell it in the homeland?

I wonder if LS wheels would sit on it, sometimes the wheels look embarrassingly small.

JDM media thinks they will, after all new gneration is out... I think they would want it to make it more different from Alphard

Rydo

Follower
Reactions
Quick update, a Malaysian Alphard group I am on has an auto shop posting that they can do an LM conversion. I have attached a screenshot of the post. I PM'd for the cost, 55000RM for the parts alone - or $13,200! Well, it's not 200,000 for the real LM, but still a lot of money. Certainly is an option one day though as Alphards continue to be imported by private importers from Japan to the UK!

118140238_10224341360349563_8633193428446915727_o.jpg

Rydo

Follower
Reactions
In Asia, this thing has been such an incredible success that I don't think Lexus can simply badge engineer the next one. They surely realise that a more distinct vehicle would be in their best interest to even further boost sales and image.

Levi

Expert
Reactions
In Asia, this thing has been such an incredible success that I don't think Lexus can simply badge engineer the next one. They surely realise that a more distinct vehicle would be in their best interest to even further boost sales and image.
with 450h+ power would be something

ssun30

Expert
Reactions
Yes I've seen rumors that the next LM will be a stretched Alphard LWB because Chinese dealers want a Sienna-size LM that is also made in Japan, but Sienna is not produced in Japan while JDM Alphard could not grow any further in size, so a compromise was made.

Last edited: