ssun30

Expert
Reactions
I'm thinking something about the displacement which according to rumors is '4.xL' instead of sub-4L. A M20 scaled to 8 cylinders will be 3,972cc or 4.0L. A G16 scaled to 8 cylinders will be 4315cc/4.3L or destroked to 83mm to make it 4.0L.

I'm thinking the V8TT would be a scale-up of G16 instead of M20, since the latter has a much longer stroke and thus has more stress at high output levels. The G16 on the other hand is already built for very high specific output (270hp is highly conservative given this engine would be making 400+ in motorsport).

Last edited:

mikeavelli

Reactions
Well hopefully things rebound by then and hopefully these still come to the market.

The LS F really has me swooning...

Will1991

Reactions
6265556c28703aacb4a21784e9d5ac8e.jpg

LC F Scheduled to debut in November 2021

On the other hand, as for the LC F, the base model 500 already has a 5L V8 and NA (477ps / 55.1kgm), so the "F" model will carry a more radical engine.

It is a newly developed 4L, V8 twin turbo, and the output is 670ps / 66.3kgm, so it is amazing.
Google Translate

PeterF

Follower
Reactions
it will be interesting to see what it's performance stats are. from my perspective, it must at least compete well with the 911 GT3. I imagine that it will cost at least as much, if not more. It has to be far lighter (3500 lbs max) and have much better suspension than the RC F, if will complete with cars like the C8 corvette (far cheaper than a 911), 911 GT3 (or the RS) the C7 Z06 or ZR1, the GTR, etc (on tracks like VIR or Nurburgring). I doubt it will get close to a 911 Turbo S, but that can costs a lot of money (as does a GT3 RS). In any event, it is nice to see that something is going to happen. I hope you pull it off Lexus.GT3 side close cropped.jpg

Faisal Sheikh

Admirer
Reactions
if not more. It has to be far lighter (3500 lbs max) and have much better suspension than the RC F,

Design wise, it has phenomenal chassis/suspension. Double wishbones and multi-link with all aluminum knuckles, arms etc. Sorry, but no way it will be 3500 lbs. Even LFA that was tiny at 176 inches and entirely carbon fiber, was not 3500 lbs with money no object. Most scales showed it was around 3580 lbs. You could start with LC500 at 4400 lbs and with all beefed up chassis/suspension components to handle all of that power with turbocharge plumbing weight etc., you could see where it will go. Rear seats being removed might shed about 100 lbs, but there will be lots of other weight adding items.

suxeL

Follower
Reactions
Design wise, it has phenomenal chassis/suspension. Double wishbones and multi-link with all aluminum knuckles, arms etc. Sorry, but no way it will be 3500 lbs. Even LFA that was tiny at 176 inches and entirely carbon fiber, was not 3500 lbs with money no object. Most scales showed it was around 3580 lbs. You could start with LC500 at 4400 lbs and with all beefed up chassis/suspension components to handle all of that power with turbocharge plumbing weight etc., you could see where it will go. Rear seats being removed might shed about 100 lbs, but there will be lots of other weight adding items.

So what your saying is MOREEEEEE

iu

meth.ix

Admirer
Reactions
I don't know why people think that the LC F is going to be a 911 GT3 competitor. It's far too big and luxurious for that. I'd say it would be closer to the 911 Turbo as a high-performance grand-touring car. Maybe a Track Edition similar to what they did with the RC F could fit that niche.

CRSKTN

Expert
Reactions
I don't know why people think that the LC F is going to be a 911 GT3 competitor. It's far too big and luxurious for that. I'd say it would be closer to the 911 Turbo as a high-performance grand-touring car. Maybe a Track Edition similar to what they did with the RC F could fit that niche.

I hope they make it look mean as hell without resorting to too many easy fins/spoilers.

meth.ix

Admirer
Reactions
I hope they make it look mean as hell without resorting to too many easy fins/spoilers.
Yeah, I'd think they'd reserve a look like the renders for the LC F we've seen for a track edition. I feel like the "base" LC F won't have a wing or all that extreme aero, while still looking different and more aggressive than the LC 500.

Reactions

It should be a Mercedes-AMG S63/S65 and a BMW M8 competitor. A Porsche 911 Turbo (not even the Turbo S) would walk the LC F on a straight line. On the track... well that's going to be a different ballgame.

I've heard from an insider that the Lexus LC F will lap the Nürburgring Nordschleife in under 7:10. 😉

mikeavelli

Reactions
Honestly I don't care what it competes with. I just need it to come. Lexus pushing it back gives me hope to be ready for it hahaha..

I just hope and hope it has a back seat. Our family of 3 fits fine in the LC and I take my son everywhere. I would be beyond disappointed if it loses a major part of the GT aspect.

Related, I really am wishing for the LS F. I think that chassis with some upgrades will open some eyes.

Levi

Expert
Reactions
It should be a Mercedes-AMG S63/S65 and a BMW M8 competitor. A Porsche 911 Turbo (not even the Turbo S) would walk the LC F on a straight line. On the track... well that's going to be a different ballgame.

On straight line, the 911 Turbo S does not walk the M8 Competition. Don't see why it would the LC F.

maiaramdan

Expert
Reactions
Guys, if as reported the LC-F will come with 2 less seats that will makes it, Mercedes GT / 911 category more than M8 / S-AMG

Last edited:

Levi

Expert
Reactions
Porsche 911 Turbo S is a heavy pig, compensates with power/torque, better traction from launch. LC F should have no problem with keeping up, especially without rear seats (lighter weight) and transaxle (rear bias weight distribution). Every supercar today is a heavy pig and weighs as much as a "light" M4. It is a far cry from the days of 996 GT3 and 360 Challenge Stradale. The difference between 1.000 and 1.500 kg is bigger than the difference between 1.500 and 2.000 kg, even if in both case the same 500 kg set them apart.

Reactions
Porsche 911 Turbo S is a heavy pig, compensates with power/torque, better traction from launch. LC F should have no problem with keeping up, especially without rear seats (lighter weight) and transaxle (rear bias weight distribution). Every supercar today is a heavy pig and weighs as much as a "light" M4. It is a far cry from the days of 996 GT3 and 360 Challenge Stradale. The difference between 1.000 and 1.500 kg is bigger than the difference between 1.500 and 2.000 kg, even if in both case the same 500 kg set them apart.

How the hell is the Porsche 911 Turbo S a heavy pig compared to the LC F? The car weighs ~3600lbs while the LC500 weighs ~4200lbs. Let's say Lexus gets rid of an astonishing 300lbs of weight for the LC F, that still puts it 300lbs heavier than the Turbo S.

Almost no supercar out there can beat a 911 Turbo S. The majority of them either keep up or fall behind. The LC F would literally need to be the second coming of the LFA in terms of adding lightweight technology in order for it to seriously keep up or even beat the 911 Turbo S.

By the way, a lot of McLarens, Lamborghinis and Ferraris weigh way less than a M4. Even though the Turbo S is heavier than the supercar competition, it is still one hell of a car compared to them because of traction, AWD, PDK and the burst in torque from loading the turbos with full boost when using launch control.

Last edited: