Status
Not open for further replies.

MichaelL

Follower
Reactions
My bad. I thought it was a chopped up 2 series platform, but it seems that BMW will use the platform for the NEXT gen 2 series. :thumbsup:
I don't know about that... the 2series coupe used a shortened 3 series platform. The new 2 series sedan uses a shared FWD platform with Mini. I would expect the redesigned 2series coupe to continue to use the 3 series platform. The Supra shares the platform and most components with the Z4 roadster.

spwolf

Expert
Reactions
My bad. I thought it was a chopped up 2 series platform, but it seems that BMW will use the platform for the NEXT gen 2 series. :thumbsup:

you mean 2 coupe? Since their actual 2 series that sells well has been very mediocre FWD.

internalaudit

Expert
Reactions
So without the IS, the ES will be pitted against the likes of the 2 Series coupe and sedan, 3 Series, 4 Series, A3, A4, A5, Camry, Avalon, etc.?

Good luck to the Lexus ES unless the PHEV version makes mince meat of the upcoming RAV4 Prime.

Reactions
you also dont get 2 series minivan :)
tenor.gif

shizhi

Follower
Reactions
So this car, which was photographed last year, is a Mirai mule with the appearance of the next generation is?B994CF3C-37C3-4C32-81E5-E51DD70202A0.jpeg76AD2709-C4C8-4CD1-AD54-5135BEC80DA4.jpeg

Will1991

Reactions
@shizhi , I always assume it was a Mirai disguised as a LS... What makes you think is next Gen IS?

If really is next Gen IS, it's going to be awesome one with a coupe look.

shizhi

Follower
Reactions
@shizhi , I always assume it was a Mirai disguised as a LS... What makes you think is next Gen IS?

If really is next Gen IS, it's going to be awesome one with a coupe look.
The side looks a little different from Mirai, whether it's the line of the window or the position of the door handle, and mule's tail light seems to be new. I've looked for models in recent years. The tail light doesn't have such a style.
Compared with LS, the mule is shorter and more like Mirai size.
In addition, Mirai and Crown have the same wheelbase, and they are all produced in Motomachi factory. Assuming that the next generation IS is related to the above two models, then it may be transferred to Motomachi factory for production, where GS production is just about to end. And, the suspension form of the 15th generation Crown is obviously different from the LS and LC of the GA-L, the rear suspension is the form of the existing IS / GS, which is consistent with the media saying that the new IS looks like the old one, rather than all the updates.
So I think the next generation of IS may be built on the same infrastructure as Crown / Mirai. Mirai may have only produced the right-hand version of the model test before mass production. I remember that Mirai also used a right-hand car when it was first shown in the United States. So if it needs a left-hand test car in the US, the new IS is a good choice, after all, Crown has no left-hand car else.
FE94A9D2-8E3F-4167-A5A5-AEDAF2FAF28C.jpeg5CB57087-C15B-4F2A-BFDB-E6C207E2A771.jpeg

Last edited:

Will1991

Reactions
Wow, you really might be right, nice post!

I will just add one thing, it doesn't seem to have an exhaust... Maybe, just maybe, really is a BEV IS??

Hopefully isn't a FCEV, 180hp doesn't sound very Lexus... It's around the same power from the UX250h...

internalaudit

Expert
Reactions

I will just add one thing, it doesn't seem to have an exhaust... Maybe, just maybe, really is a BEV IS??

Hopefully isn't a FCEV, 180hp doesn't sound very Lexus... It's around the same power from the UX250h...

LOL, yeah right about the BEV. Maybe it's just hidden lol, to look more green and luxurious.

shizhi

Follower
Reactions

This mule should be an FCEV, it should be built just for testing, to make up for the lack of a left-hand Mirai test car. We will never see this “Lexus FCEV” in mass production.
A RWD-FCEV is the task of Mirai,not IS.

suxeL

Follower
Reactions
I remember seeing this exact pictures^

These vehicles only have the gaping lower central intake vs the ES and IS which have an entire "intake" upto the lexus logo?

Fun tidbits:
Look at the vehicular convoy...Current Gen Mirai, and a Hyundai Nexo (both FCEV)

Sulu

Admirer
Reactions
These vehicles only have the gaping lower central intake vs the ES and IS which have an entire "intake" upto the lexus logo?
The pictures show the upper portion of the Spindle covered with camouflage and the lower portion uncovered. The outline of the Spindle is obviously there. It looks to me like the front fascia (Spindle grille, lower side intakes and headlights) of the LS.

Status
Not open for further replies.