The All-New Lexus LC: First Drive in Spain

spwolf

Expert
Reactions
^^^ We haven't even discussed if the LC will get the new LS engine for its MMC or even before then....

Not sure how will that work, i doubt they will replace V8 with V6 turbo. Might be future base engine but that does not make much sense either?

Reactions
i don't understand why it so heavy

LC got a lot of weight reduction material = carbonfiber , aluminum and it still heavy (As close as THE HUGE Porsche PANAMERA and 100 kg Heavier than the new BMW 5 Series!!!!)

where is the weight come from? .... 5.0 v8 is heavy ? it weight nearly the same as 3.5 + hybrid motor+ big battery in the trunk

is it possible for 2.9-3.0 liter twinturbo version to make it lighter?

the rear subframe still a metal , if that thing made from aluminum just like the front subframe

is it possible to make this car lighter

1.900 kg i am not sure this weight is including CFRP Roof Option, or panoramic glass roof

i wish LC-F Should Be Lighter , V8 Flatplane crank twin turbo , Drysump , lithium Battery ,Rear aluminum subframe and Carbon Ceramic brake to make a car lighter

OK

if i forgot about the number i think this think is a pretty good car , good noise , Fast enough, good looking , superb reliability it is a great GT car

in that clip 3.6 Hybrid it sound so nice !!
it just like the JAPANESE ASTON MARTIN

Last edited:

Faisal Sheikh

Admirer
Reactions
Don't know, the LC500h sounds fake as hell. Way too much synthesized noise in it.

The LC500 on the other hand sounds brilliant. Amazing sound and the transmission is really what it is being hyped about. Sounds amazing through shifts and super quick.

i don't understand why it so heavy

LC got a lot of weight reduction material = carbonfiber , aluminum and it still heavy (As close as THE HUGE Porsche PANAMERA and 100 kg Heavier than the new BMW 5 Series!!!!)

where is the weight come from? .... 5.0 v8 is heavy ? it weight nearly the same as 3.5 + hybrid motor+ big battery in the trunk

is it possible for 2.9-3.0 liter twinturbo version to make it lighter?

the rear subframe still a metal , if that thing made from aluminum just like the front subframe

is it possible to make this car lighter

1.900 kg i am not sure this weight is including CFRP Roof Option, or panoramic glass roof

i wish LC-F Should Be Lighter , V8 Flatplane crank twin turbo , Drysump , lithium Battery ,Rear aluminum subframe and Carbon Ceramic brake to make a car lighter

OK

if i forgot about the number i think this think is a pretty good car , good noise , Fast enough, good looking , superb reliability it is a great GT car

in that clip 3.6 Hybrid it sound so nice !!
it just like the JAPANESE ASTON MARTIN

krew

Site Founder
Administrator
Reactions
krew
16-12-11-lexus-lc-reviews.jpg

A very strong showing for the new Lexus coupe.
View the original article post

Black Dynamite

Follower
Reactions
I think Black is the best color for it, which hides that off gap at the top of the grille.
The other colors call attention to it. In black, it becomes seamless, as it should.
BD

Levi

Expert
Reactions
As I already said, I prefer the LC 500h. It equivalent to a German turbocharged 6 cylinder but with better sound and fuel economy, and should be more effortless to drive.

krew

Site Founder
Administrator
Reactions
Due to extreme LC burnout, I've pushed my personal review to Wednesday. Sorry for the delay, everyone!

meth.ix

Admirer
Reactions
C/D review is stupid as always, and so is the comments section. They put the fact that it's not as sporty as the 911 as a low. HELLO!?!? Do you know what segment this competes with? This is a full-size luxury coupe that is reasonably. NOT A SPORTS COUPE. Did you guys ever criticize the S-Class Coupe for being overweight? And in the comments? People are saying that this isn%27t a "proper Supra." Who said that this is the new Supra? This is much more larger and premium than the Supra will ever be. If you guys look in the comments section, you wil lose all faith in the enthusiast/troll community. You will also see me pointlessly trying to correct their stupid comments. Some say they'd rather see a TTV6 than the NAV8!

James

Founding Member
Reactions
C/D review is stupid as always, and so is the comments section. They put the fact that it's not as sporty as the 911 as a low. HELLO!?!? Do you know what segment this competes with? This is a full-size luxury coupe that is reasonably. NOT A SPORTS COUPE. Did you guys ever criticize the S-Class Coupe for being overweight? And in the comments? People are saying that this isn%27t a "proper Supra." Who said that this is the new Supra? This is much more larger and premium than the Supra will ever be. If you guys look in the comments section, you wil lose all faith in the enthusiast/troll community. You will also see me pointlessly trying to correct their stupid comments. Some say they'd rather see a TTV6 than the NAV8!
Bud they will always bash us while leaving the Germans untouched on top of the mountain that no will one could ever get to.

Levi

Expert
Reactions

They bash NA V6 and prefer TI4, then they bash the 718 because it has T4. Stupid remains stupid.

oem_is300

Founding Member
Reactions
I need to set aside some time to binge-watch all of these videos and read your review Kevin.

Reactions
You just have to accept the fact that there will always be Euro fanboys that are rigid and shoot down anything else that isn't from Germany. As an enthusiast, we all should appreciate everything, even if there are certain ones that we appreciate more (and actually buy). Don't ever get down to their level of tomfoolery. If I bother to read these articles, it's just for the reviews and I usually skip the comments.

spwolf

Expert
Reactions

Lexus is always measured with different stick, but thats the way it works. You cant have everyone liking the same thing, or else nobody would buy anything else. Different people, different things.