The All-New Lexus LC: First Drive in Spain

zeusus

Follower
Reactions
Everyone's favorite LC color + interior combo choice?

I do like a nice red interior but Lexus screwed this up by only offering the super boring Rioja red.

Levi

Expert
Reactions
I don't know how you could buy an NSX over this car.

I get buying a GT-R because it's on another level with performance, but vs. the NSX? No way.

NSX competes against supercars, and IMO it is worth it. Most are not capable of exploiting supercars performance, even "lightweight" supercars are heavy compared to Lotus or Miata/GT86. And NSX will be more exclusive and less "badge whore"/"complexed status seeker".

krew

Site Founder
Administrator
Reactions
krew
16-12-14-lexus-lc-review-video.jpg

An one-take interview with Javier Mota of Autoproyecto.
View the original article post

Faisal Sheikh

Admirer
Reactions
NSX competes against supercars, and IMO it is worth it. Most are not capable of exploiting supercars performance, even "lightweight" supercars are heavy compared to Lotus or Miata/GT86. And NSX will be more exclusive and less "badge whore"/"complexed status seeker".

NSX costs twice as much as an LC500. The LCF would be a different story.

mikeavelli

Reactions
Y u no drive it on the Strip?

I would not have given the car back lol

And NSX will be more exclusive and less "badge whore"/"complexed status seeker".

In regards to badge whores, they named it an Acura here, if they truly was aimed for people that didn't care about badge it would be called the Honda NSX like it is everywhere else :) In addition there is nothing wrong with people wanting to be associated with brands they feel are superior, align with their own values and just makes people feel good. In contrast yes, some people don't care about badges which is awesome as well. Different strokes for different folks.

Last edited:

Black Dynamite

Follower
Reactions
BTW, Kelly Blue Book, after their trip to Spain and first drive, says the LC500 will be just under $100k, and the 500h will be a few grand over $100k.
BD

OlFius

Founding Member
Reactions
I've seen the car, I sat in it, but a ride ... damn... :grinning:
Thanks for sharing this, very well done Kevin !

Lasse J. Nordvik

Follower
Reactions
Excellent review,Kevin! I've heard some conflicting information on whether we'll get both models in Norway or just the hybrid,but it sounds to me like the hybrid will be the better choice for countries with little opportunity for high-speed driving,were the low-speed responsiveness of the multi stage hybrid system will be better.