The All-New Lexus LC: First Drive in Spain

krew

Site Founder
Administrator
Reactions
krew
16-12-19-lexus-lc-500-dan-neil.jpg

Dan Neil reviews the LC 500 for the WSJ.

View the original article post

Reactions: Den

meth.ix

Admirer
Reactions
Happy New Year!!

The LC configurator is now available on Lexus Europe website!
https://carconfig.lexus.eu/eu/en/ (the LC is on the bottom)

Build your LC!:laughing:
I found that there were 3 main trim levels on the LC: Luxury, Sport and Sport+, which I compared the main features on the website:
LC 500 Trims.PNG
It seems that the main differences are that the Luxury trim has a panoramic glass roof while the Sport trims have a Carbon Fiber roof. Other differences are that the Sport and Sport+ have Alacantra upholstery while the Luxury has leather upholstery. All trims have privacy glass as well as ACC. The Luxury trim I believe only has the option of the Luxury Design seats (the Luxury Design seats were the seats that were in the first images released of the LC 500h with the orange, indigo and white color scheme. The Sport and Sport+ Trims only have the option of the Sport Design seats which were seen in the images of the LC 500 when it was first revealed. The only way that you will be able to get the retractable rear spoiler is with the Sport+ Trim, which explains why we saw some images of the LC without the lines in the trunk and some that did. These trims are available on both the LC 500 and LC 500h.

There is a Limited Edition Trim of the LC 500 and LC 500h that seems to be a mix of all the trim levels:
Capture.PNG
It has the panoramic glass roof from the Luxury but it also has the 21" forged alloy wheels from the Sport+. It has leather upholstery but the roof lining is Alacantra. The only exterior colors available on this trim are F White and Sonic Titanium. This is the saddest part about the LC IMO, the beautiful white, orange and indigo interior we saw in the LC 500h (called Breezy Blue semi-aniline leather) is only available in the Limited Edition! I really don't like this because it is a trim that won't be here forever and the Limited Edition doesn't have specs ideal for everybody. Also, it is the only good looking interior IMO because the other interiors are mainly just one color and seem boring to me. Capture.PNG

Another thing that I noticed is that the beautiful Sky Blue that we saw on the LC 500h could not be found in this configurator anywhere for any trim level. But maybe that's because this is the European version. The only option available on any trim was the 13-speaker Mark Levinson® Premium Surround System. There were 6 accessories: alloy wheel protector, fabric protector, first aid kit, long life body protector, reflecting jacket and safety kit. I honestly don't know why there is a reflecting jacket as an accessory available with this car and I don't even know what a long life body protector is TBH. When I clicked more information about the accessories, there was no information or images to show.

Attachments

• upload_2017-1-2_11-0-24.png
    upload_2017-1-2_11-0-24.png
    804.4 KB · Views: 3

zeusus

Follower
Reactions
I found that there were 3 main trim levels on the LC: Luxury, Sport and Sport+, which I compared the main features on the website:
View attachment 2025
It seems that the main differences are that the Luxury trim has a panoramic glass roof while the Sport trims have a Carbon Fiber roof. Other differences are that the Sport and Sport+ have Alacantra upholstery while the Luxury has leather upholstery. All trims have privacy glass as well as ACC. The Luxury trim I believe only has the option of the Luxury Design seats (the Luxury Design seats were the seats that were in the first images released of the LC 500h with the orange, indigo and white color scheme. The Sport and Sport+ Trims only have the option of the Sport Design seats which were seen in the images of the LC 500 when it was first revealed. The only way that you will be able to get the retractable rear spoiler is with the Sport+ Trim, which explains why we saw some images of the LC without the lines in the trunk and some that did. These trims are available on both the LC 500 and LC 500h.

There is a Limited Edition Trim of the LC 500 and LC 500h that seems to be a mix of all the trim levels:
View attachment 2026
It has the panoramic glass roof from the Luxury but it also has the 21" forged alloy wheels from the Sport+. It has leather upholstery but the roof lining is Alacantra. The only exterior colors available on this trim are F White and Sonic Titanium. This is the saddest part about the LC IMO, the beautiful white, orange and indigo interior we saw in the LC 500h (called Breezy Blue semi-aniline leather) is only available in the Limited Edition! I really don't like this because it is a trim that won't be here forever and the Limited Edition doesn't have specs ideal for everybody. Also, it is the only good looking interior IMO because the other interiors are mainly just one color and seem boring to me. View attachment 2027

Another thing that I noticed is that the beautiful Sky Blue that we saw on the LC 500h could not be found in this configurator anywhere for any trim level. But maybe that's because this is the European version. The only option available on any trim was the 13-speaker Mark Levinson® Premium Surround System. There were 6 accessories: alloy wheel protector, fabric protector, first aid kit, long life body protector, reflecting jacket and safety kit. I honestly don't know why there is a reflecting jacket as an accessory available with this car and I don't even know what a long life body protector is TBH. When I clicked more information about the accessories, there was no information or images to show.

Good thorough post and research but that is Europe. As we have seen on the show circuit, Lexus has shown the Blue colored exterior with what they call for USA (I think) "Bespoke White". Different territories could come with different packages. My plan is to get the Blue with Bespoke white and fall back is White exterior if first choice is not possible.

mikeavelli

Reactions
Good thorough post and research but that is Europe. As we have seen on the show circuit, Lexus has shown the Blue colored exterior with what they call for USA (I think) "Bespoke White". Different territories could come with different packages. My plan is to get the Blue with Bespoke white and fall back is White exterior if first choice is not possible.

This.....from what I've gained, there were different focus groups led by dealerships for LC's in the regions they felt the LC would be a strong seller....

krew

Site Founder
Administrator
Reactions
I've heard some conflicting information on whether we'll get both models in Norway or just the hybrid,but it sounds to me like the hybrid will be the better choice for countries with little opportunity for high-speed driving,were the low-speed responsiveness of the multi stage hybrid system will be better.

I think the LC 500h will launch first, and will be the main focus for European countries. The two engines have very different personalities, and I think you've got the right idea with the hybrid.

zeusus

Follower
Reactions
This.....from what I've gained, there were different focus groups led by dealerships for LC's in the regions they felt the LC would be a strong seller....

How could any focus group approve Rioja (barf) Red for the LC. Even the 650i has a nicer red leather option. One of my biggest gripes so far about the LC.

mikeavelli

Reactions
How could any focus group approve Rioja (barf) Red for the LC. Even the 650i has a nicer red leather option. One of my biggest gripes so far about the LC.

From what I saw its not the same as the IS, its darker due to the Escaine on the sport model....Honestly it reminded me more of the cabernet interior.

I think this shows the color better than the edited photos...

PeterF

Follower
Reactions
I would like to see Lexus USA offer the lighter exterior Blue (structural blue) for all models. I would have chosen that color over the red (but I do like the red nonetheless). It is odd to me that it isn't in the line up. It's nice to see that (at least in Europe) one can get the 21" wheels without the Sport package. The more they allow mixing of options the better. Got to have a better look at the builds for Lexus USA.