Tesla Cybertruck

Motor

Expert
Reactions

You've seen it by now. You either like it or hate it.

105438875-1536336503523screen-shot-2018-09-07-at-12.07.32-pm.jpg

Ian Schmidt

Reactions
The major knock on it I've seen beyond the, uhh, polarizing styling (it's generated an avalanche of memes about 1990-level technology in the video game and computer graphics industries) is that it's not body-on-frame, so it's more of a CUV with a bed than a serious F150/Chevy/RAM competitor.

Will1991

Reactions
The best 3 letters I can find to describe this are WTF...

Once again, Tesla's customer base dig anything they make... It can be an incredible engineering accomplishment and an amazing truck (I've no questions about it and it also has a very good price for what it seems to offer) but it's seriously strange, and not in a good way...

Also, it's funny how many responses "the real reason why the glass fail" and "the real reason is so strange looking" some websites started to do almost instantly.

suxeL

Follower
Reactions
Excellent vehicle who want an additional lifestyle vehicle and quite perfectly an interpretation of what a truck should be by Tesla.

I dont see this wearing your local cable companies decals or at the construction sites but thats not what this is really going for.

Motor

Expert
Reactions
Cybertruck 'very likely' to receive medium-duty classification
"While we have not yet begun production of the Cybertruck, we expect it to have a towing capacity of 7,500-14,000+ lbs., and it should very likely qualify as a 'Class 2B-3 medium-duty vehicle,'" Sarah Van Cleve, Tesla's senior managing policy advisor, said in a Dec. 9 letter to the California Air and Resources Board.

The letter was submitted as the state weighs a new rule -- the nation's first sales standard for electric trucks -- that some analysts estimate would require truck manufacturers to sell about 75,000 electric trucks in the state by 2030.

Class 2B pickups have a gross vehicle weight rating between 8,501–10,000 lbs. The 2B classification covers Ford's F-250 Super Duty, Fiat Chrysler's Ram 2500 and General Motors' Chevrolet Silverado 2500.

The Tesla pickup's classification raises further questions about a stunt video the automaker posted after the Cybertruck's reveal in which the Tesla pickup drug an F-150 uphill in a tug-of-war contest. The video drew scrutiny from observers who noted it was not an apples-to-apples comparison between the heavier, all-wheel-drive Cybertruck and what appeared to be a base, two-wheel drive F-150.

Trexus

Founding Member
Reactions
I actually kinda like it...and I'm not the only one as others have already put down deposits.

CT200h

Fan
Reactions
Lexus won’t sell pick-up trucks or minivans ,at least not in the US market, Toyota won’t do it,
What Toyota could have done long ago was offer hybrid pickups and a hybrid sienna easily.
They chose not to, remember they are experts at hybrid powertrain.

NXracer

Admirer
Reactions
I assume Musk has rentered TSLA stock, after tanking it in the morning. Morning Cycle was filed with some quote about his New car factories being billion dollar debt traps. Now its positive spin about a new sold out product launch.

CRSKTN

Expert
Reactions
Customer complaints online suggest that's inflated; many people attempted to place one preorder and the website kicked back that they had signed up for 5.
What a surprise coming from Elon. Liar lies, more at 11.
Maybe he will manipulate his own stock some more too.
Maybe he could lose his investors who believe in him some more money.

Elon is what happens when a narcissist trust fund kid puts it all on red (daddy’s money hiring people smarter than yourself) and hits it big, and spends his life hyping himself up as some bootleg tony stark.

Doing well in life is correlated to hard, smart work, but those giant outsized economic wins that create billionaires are not. They’re tied to excessive risk taking and luck. You just don’t hear all that often of all the private fortunes destroyed for the ones that don’t hit big.

I’ve worked with enough founders and exec teams (built from nothing to $1B+) to see what drives outcomes.
Lots of them do it without being terrible people living largely off government handouts for years. All while pretending to be a self made libertarian.

Look at what he is doing with Tesla and Twitter. The guy is just wandering from one overhyped, unfocused thing to another. The guy is losing it. I can’t imagine what kind of machine there is behind the scenes trying to keep it all on the rails.

I even know guys with much, MUCH smaller companies who genuinely seem to develop mental issues as a result of being surrounded by enablers and yes men for years.

He’s gonna keep shifting to the far right. The conspiracies and hatefulness will increase.

Also Full self driving next year guys, I swear.
Right after the new “robot” comes out next year.

What an absolute cringe inducing, lying dork.
He’s saying working prototype within “months” now.

They had to use a man in a suit for the video above, which was less than a year ago, and he’s saying prototype in months. They can’t get self driving to work but a robot that can traverse a home and interact with stuff using some form of advanced AI is going to go from man-in-a-suite to prototype within a year.

This from a guy who got leapfrogged to market for his incel-mobile cyber truck.

This is one of the most blatant “stupid, needy people will believe my claims no matter what” move I’ve seen in a while. Or he is losing his mind and believes his own BS.

I honestly think Elon Musk resents and hates his supporters.

/rant

Will1991

Reactions
I found myself thinking, for some time now, that if Elon really wants the best for Tesla he should leave the company.

This CyberTruck just proves that, I don't know how many years it will take to Tesla bring this car to market at the price and specifications promised at launch (and it's not even the most ambitious product)...

Even Ford sold more electric trucks than Tesla... Dam, even Nikola sold more BEV HD Trucks than Tesla!

330bb74397b34eb44b2f4121f3f7877e.jpeg

NXracer

Admirer
Reactions
What a surprise coming from Elon. Liar lies, more at 11.
Maybe he will manipulate his own stock some more too.
Maybe he could lose his investors who believe in him some more money.

Elon is what happens when a narcissist trust fund kid puts it all on red (daddy’s money hiring people smarter than yourself) and hits it big, and spends his life hyping himself up as some bootleg tony stark.

Doing well in life is correlated to hard, smart work, but those giant outsized economic wins that create billionaires are not. They’re tied to excessive risk taking and luck. You just don’t hear all that often of all the private fortunes destroyed for the ones that don’t hit big.

I’ve worked with enough founders and exec teams (built from nothing to $1B+) to see what drives outcomes.
Lots of them do it without being terrible people living largely off government handouts for years. All while pretending to be a self made libertarian.

Look at what he is doing with Tesla and Twitter. The guy is just wandering from one overhyped, unfocused thing to another. The guy is losing it. I can’t imagine what kind of machine there is behind the scenes trying to keep it all on the rails.

I even know guys with much, MUCH smaller companies who genuinely seem to develop mental issues as a result of being surrounded by enablers and yes men for years.

He’s gonna keep shifting to the far right. The conspiracies and hatefulness will increase.

Also Full self driving next year guys, I swear.
Right after the new “robot” comes out next year.

What an absolute cringe inducing, lying dork.
He’s saying working prototype within “months” now.

They had to use a man in a suit for the video above, which was less than a year ago, and he’s saying prototype in months. They can’t get self driving to work but a robot that can traverse a home and interact with stuff using some form of advanced AI is going to go from man-in-a-suite to prototype within a year.

This from a guy who got leapfrogged to market for his incel-mobile cyber truck.

This is one of the most blatant “stupid, needy people will believe my claims no matter what” move I’ve seen in a while. Or he is losing his mind and believes his own BS.

I honestly think Elon Musk resents and hates his supporters.

/rant
Now do a rant on Rivian.

That companies PR team is interesting, apple like. Social media postings seem to be under close scrutiny. Munro Live did an ADAS review, that quickly went dark and then a program manager posted a new review lol.

Just for context, Munro tested a Toyota Rav4P and there were quite a few WTF moments in terms of user error passing as deficiencies from Toyota but you didnt see Munro running to correct themselves, private the video, and issue a retest.

Last edited: