Second Generation Toyota Mirai

DFGeneer

Fan
Reactions
Impressive development progress, indeed.
128 kW power out of 32 kg fuel cell stack is nothing short of incredible.

Also worth mentioning are the "air purification" qualities of the Mirai and the FCEVs in general.
The induction air is thoroughly filtered of PM2.5, nitrogen carbides and sulfur oxides so that foreign matter does not enter the stack.
As a result, the more you run, the more you purify the atmosphere.

supra93

Expert
Reactions

Toyota-Mirai-Modellista-1.jpg

Toyota-Mirai-Modellista-2.jpg

maiaramdan

Expert
Reactions
@DFGeneer, totally agree with you about this slogan part, sooner or later it will be obvious that the BEV is not the future for both the maker as every electric car still losses money on its MSRP and the consumer with the long charging time

In fact those both problem are solved by the FCHV by its little time and little sold quantity from Japanese and Korean

For example as UK will totally pan ICE from 2030

So it will be easy to turn some gasoline or diesel stations to hydrogen

The problem is if they can or cannot, the problem is that I feel a lot of governments around the world just favouring BEV for unknown reason

The same exact running nuclear stations can take the hydrogen apart and be send to power generation powered by hydrogen, send to hydrogen stations for cars and trucks

and voila the world will see the effect

ssun30

Expert
Reactions
Negative emissions vehicle will be a disasters in the making. Most H2 production in the world has positive emissions (methane reforming) although much less than power generation. EU will ban the slogan again and Toyota will lose face.

Reactions
Negative emissions vehicle will be a disasters in the making. Most H2 production in the world has positive emissions (methane reforming) although much less than power generation. EU will ban the slogan again and Toyota will lose face.

Toyota is just doing it to piss the triggered individuals off even more at this point. I for one, support them. And Toyota won't lose face either, people will still buy their cars in droves because their products are just that damn good.

DFGeneer

Fan
Reactions

Yes, I agree completely - I was kidding in the post above.
Having BEV zealots daring to call themselves Zero Emission Transportation Association (ZETA) does not mean Toyota should do the same.

Motor

Expert
Reactions

Reactions

I get emails from a Toyota dealer, my gosh, used ones are even cheaper than a lot of pre-owned Corollas and Camrys.
bf20-mirai.png

Last edited: