Reviews & News: The Lexus LC 500

mediumhot

Follower
Reactions
From my understanding LC-F was a solid foundation for a race car. It was super hevily modified from stock LS. I don't remember the details but even transmission was placed differently. Someone can do autocorrect on that one. But yeah LC-F was whole a lot different than regular LC and that's probably why it required extensive facelift with fancy headlight housing removed and fancy tailights replaced.

Reactions: FPV
Reactions
View attachment 8278

Just a reminder of what we could've had 💔 Surprised they canned the updated taillights too. Wish we saw more spy shots of this final bodywork.
Dont worry I think Lexus is going to bring a newer gen F cars and certainly a newer chassis to carry on the title from the current F cars :) They learned from the RCF that it needs to go GT3 to GT car development wise and the current LC was not that order and as noted with COVID the financials just didnt make sense. At the end of the day it was a shared LS chassis and heavy. But again the new car is said to be development-wise a leap from this gens F cars and LC so im excited to see what Lexus does with its next gen F cars. I think where really going to see a leap thats going to distance itself from the current chassis we are seeing now. Lexus in my view should not continue with the current chassis of the LC or the RC. It's time for a new generation of race bred first shared chassis before we get into total electrification. I do think the LC wouldve been a real stunner in a LCF format.

Levi

Expert
Reactions
I think where really going to see a leap thats going to distance itself from the current chassis we are seeing now. Lexus in my view should not continue with the current chassis of the LC or the RC. It's time for a new generation of race bred first chassis before we get into total electrification.
But if the new does not look as nice as LC and RC it is not good either.

Reactions
But if the new does not look as nice as LC and RC it is not good either.
True but we dont have finals on that so we kinda dont know that right. You know I love the RCF TE/Fujis visually more than any other platform besides the LFA but I cant judge the new platform until its released and we can do our coffee chat deep dives ya know :)

I do hear ya though...but knowing Lexus their design teams are so on point ( GR etc ) with their performance teams. There going to do us right with a new halo car to take over from the LC in an F format and what I really hope provide us with a M4 competitor to replace the RCF focused segment :)

Last edited:

FPV

Reactions
From my understanding LC-F was a solid foundation for a race car. It was super hevily modified from stock LS. I don't remember the details but even transmission was placed differently. Someone can do autocorrect on that one. But yeah LC-F was whole a lot different than regular LC and that's probably why it required extensive facelift with fancy headlight housing removed and fancy tailights replaced.
Yes that is correct, the Mag-X article (which had the picture of the revised taillights) outlined it was going to change to a transaxle layout, similar to the Mustang GTD.

sl0519

Follower
Reactions
Dont worry I think Lexus is going to bring a newer gen F cars and certainly a newer chassis to carry on the title from the current F cars :) They learned from the RCF that it needs to go GT3 to GT car development wise and the current LC was not that order and as noted with COVID the financials just didnt make sense. At the end of the day it was a shared LS chassis and heavy. But again the new car is said to be development-wise a leap from this gens F cars and LC so im excited to see what Lexus does with its next gen F cars. I think where really going to see a leap thats going to distance itself from the current chassis we are seeing now. Lexus in my view should not continue with the current chassis of the LC or the RC. It's time for a new generation of race bred first shared chassis before we get into total electrification. I do think the LC wouldve been a real stunner in a LCF format.

The new MSA platform on the Mercedes SL seems to be the perfect sports car in finding the right balance between handling agility and ride comfort. Their new F platform better lives up to all the hype.

Gor134

Admirer
Reactions
Ride comfort? Haven't watched the video, but nearly every review I've read of the new SL states it's a confused car, with unrefined dynamics when being pushed, yet too rough of a ride for a GT car. I think the new SL is not a good example of this.

sl0519

Follower
Reactions

What's this about? This looks like the edge edition but it's also being offered as a performance upgrade too?
Does it make any significant difference?
Why not make it a trim instead?

Kelvin2020

Follower
Reactions
“The latest information on the Lexus luxury sports coupe has arrived. The development of a model that integrates LC and RC is progressing. Toyota & Lexus are actively developing sports models. Toyota has the next GR86, the next GR Supra, and Lexus has the LFAII and BEV (electric vehicle) Electrified Sport, making it one of the four models that already exist, and one more model will be added. Since there are so many Lexus models, it can be a little difficult to understand, so let's break it down. The LFAII and this LC + RC integrated car are completely different cars. The LFAII is scheduled to be equipped with a V8, 4L twin-turbo PHEV (plug-in hybrid), and a BEV electrified sport is planned as a sibling. On the other hand, there is information that the LC + RC integrated vehicle will first be released as an HEV (hybrid), and that a BEV will be added later. The design has the image of a ``Lexus orthodox sports coupe,'' and is expected to bring a sense of luxury to the forefront. It is certain that the platform for the HEV model that will be released first will be the large-class FR GA-L used in the current Lexus LS, LC, etc. Of course, it will be an evolved version of that, with further improvements in rigidity and weight reduction.Detailed information regarding the power unit is not available yet, but the most likely choice is the V6, 3.5L, HEV, which is used in many car models, and the V6, 3.4, which is installed in the North American exclusive models "Tundra" and "Tacoma". There is also a possibility that either an L twin turbo, inline 4, or 2.4L turbo HEV (3.4L 443ps, 2.4L 326ps) will be available. This 2.4L turbo HEV is a unit that has been announced to be installed in the Lexus GX (Lexus version of the Land Cruiser 250) that will be released next year. Unfortunately, we cannot expect much from the V8 and 5L engines that are installed in both the current LC and RC models, given that there is no pure gasoline engine version. The drive system will of course be FR, and it will be a 2+2 seater. There may also be a convertible option, but there is no information on that at the moment. It is expected to appear in 2025 and BEV in 2026. The price of the HEV is likely to be in the 15 million yen class.
●Lexus LC + RC integrated sports expected specs
・Total length x width x height: 4800 x 1900 x 1350mm
・Wheelbase: 2870mm
・Vehicle weight: 1950kg
・Power unit: V6, 3.5L hybrid
・System output: 380ps
・Drive method: FR
・WLTC mode fuel consumption: 16.0km/L
・Release date: Fall 2025
・Estimated price: 15 million yen”

Last edited:

Levi

Expert
Reactions
When the Crown Sedan gets only one engine with at least 4 other possible, these rumors of RC-LC hold no water. And with the recent Lexus reveal, we clearly see Lexus/Toyota won’t just add BEV versions to a ICE, HEV, PHEV car.

And with the 2.870 mm wheelbase and 4.800 mm length, this car is slightly longer than LC, with same wheelbase, which more makes me think of Crown Coupe, and LC going out of production with LS to let place to LFA and LZ.

Heicho

Follower
Reactions
Lexus/Toyota won’t just add BEV versions to a ICE, HEV, PHEV car
The Century SUV will gain a BEV variant in a couple years. Also keep in mind GA-L is considered a multi-pathway platform. It was built with FCEV and BEVs in mind.

sl0519

Follower
Reactions

I find it puzzling why Lexus isn't adding launch control to all their "performance" cars.
A better traction at the start and a little rpm boost on top of that could've easily shaved off at least another half a sec.
I know this car isn't about numbers but getting it into the low 4s would've made it more in line with its competing class.

Faisal Sheikh

Admirer
Reactions
if only Lexus had spent just one half of the effort they did on the LC on making other higher end / F products......

Could not be further from the truth. Every car has its own unique advantages. RCF, LC500, GSF, IS500 F-Sport all have their own unique advantages. There is no one size fits all. A buyer typically realizes there is no having your cake and eating it too. The reviewer is not revealing any surprises there. I speak as someone who actually went through the buying a $90 K RCF.

Last edited: