Production Lexus LC Models Start Arriving in the USA

krew

Site Founder
Administrator
Reactions
Very cool. I was contacted by my Lexus dealer Monday to tell me that my new LC went into production (late last week) and would arrive in May. So it looks like Lexus is tracking each when they are producing the LCs that were ordered, telling the dealers, who enthusiastically tell the customer. :) needless to say I am pumped up about it. Will drive one of those show room LC hybrids next week! I'll take some pics and post

(also, please pardon multiple posts. I think I screwed up a reply and this may have been posted twice)

infrared with tan/brown interior: sport performance trim (the top trim, everything, carbon roof etc). I decided since I was spending so much money I was not going to go for a mid range trim and then wish I got the top trim. :):cool:

Congratulations! That's a beautiful combination that I've been lucky enough to drive. I wrote about this in my review, but the interior in that color is out of this world.

Can't wait to see pics!

James

Founding Member
Reactions
Thanks James! it has taken me a long while to be in a position where I could afford this. My wife thinks I'm a bit nuts, but also cute with my enthusiasm. I just figured that I have one life to live and now that I'm in my early 60s, I decided to go for it and could not resist the LC seeing I'm a bit of a Lexus nut
I'm the same way I'm a die hard Lexus fan and my wife thinks I'm crazy too but for the LC I don't care what fan you are that car is so good looking!

PeterF

Follower
Reactions
Congratulations! That's a beautiful combination that I've been lucky enough to drive. I wrote about this in my review, but the interior in that color is out of this world.

Can't wait to see pics!

I also saw the video of you (I think it was you) driving the LC. Great video. I've pretty well seen every LC video out there :)

Reactions: RAL

RAL

Reactions
Thanks James! it has taken me a long while to be in a position where I could afford this. My wife thinks I'm a bit nuts, but also cute with my enthusiasm. I just figured that I have one life to live and now that I'm in my early 60s, I decided to go for it and could not resist the LC seeing I'm a bit of a Lexus nut

Good for you Peter! I'm glad for you and appreciate the personal way you share your excitement with us. Can't wait for your pictures and feedback!
I've just had a similar experience. I try to be a generous person, but I decided recently it was time to be generous to myself! Ha!

PeterF

Follower
Reactions

Can't wait to see pics!

I just read your review. Somehow I missed that one. Great review! and I also like those pics. Reading it just revs my engine even more, HA! I also like what you had to say about LC500h. Although I'm going with the 500, I am incredibly impressed with the hybrid model, how fast and how well it drives, and the tech.

krew

Site Founder
Administrator
Reactions
I also saw the video of you (I think it was you) driving the LC. Great video. I've pretty well seen every LC video out there :)

That was a fun video that was sprung on me at the last minute. Didn't have enough time to psych myself out like I usually do with video. : unamused:

I just read your review. Somehow I missed that one. Great review! and I also like those pics. Reading it just revs my engine even more, HA! I also like what you had to say about LC500h. Although I'm going with the 500, I am incredibly impressed with the hybrid model, how fast and how well it drives, and the tech.

I also did an extensive technical breakdown of the LC 500 & 500h, close to 5000 words. Might be some detail in there you haven't seen before.

PeterF

Follower
Reactions
Thanks! I had not seen this article. excellent. Indeed there is some detail I have not read before. very intteresting, and once again, very impressive the level of effort to put together this remarkable car. These sorts of details and developments really set aside the LC from it's competitors. A great example of how technical advancements have a very artistic / creative quality to them as well.

Carmaker1

Admirer
Reactions
These four LCs were built in 1/17.

Thank you, just what I thought then. Those are not series production cars, even if they can still be sold legally and titled as they are built to production specification. Unless they had been flown in, I was not convinced these were the first production LCs, since Job #1 was barely this month. LC production did not begin in January, so I'm understand why they are being called as such.

Very cool. I was contacted by my Lexus dealer Monday to tell me that my new LC went into production (late last week) and would arrive in May. So it looks like Lexus is tracking each when they are producing the LCs that were ordered, telling the dealers, who enthusiastically tell the customer. :) needless to say I am pumped up about it. Will drive one of those show room LC hybrids next week! I'll take some pics and post

(also, please pardon multiple posts. I think I screwed up a reply and this may have been posted twice)

Congratulations Peter, you've made an excellent choice and thank you for that information. I might consider an LC 500 in the near future myself, a rare exception for me (usually prefer to row my own). You've confirmed for me that there are no actual Job #1s outside of Japan yet, save for pilot production builds. Even though they may use Motomachi production tooling, it is still not full production like I thought had been said.

LS production must begin no earlier than November, as it has been confirmed by Lexus now it will have Q1 launch at earliest. It could be pushed back into spring 2018, as mid-year 2018.5 model, which is really what the LC is (a 2017.5).

I might have just learned that the LC styling approval was in October 2013, meaning it was a grand total of 41 months to develop from there until Job #1 this March. Since engineering sign-off occurs just before pilot builds start, 950A might've wrapped up last fall. A full 5 years of development from 2011 to 2016 (yes, Koji Sato got to work on the 950A in 2011, not after the LF-LC concept).

What we saw at 2016 NAIAS, was indeed a production concept at 99%, as opposed to 100% the final thing the past several months. The 2012 LF-LC concept was more of 80-90% complete. Interesting progression, as I assume certain equipment was not ready for the January 2016 showing.

meth.ix

Admirer
Reactions
It seems that Lexus is working really hard to market the Hybrid over the regular model. The LC 500h is present at many Auto Shows but not the gasoline model.

krew

Site Founder
Administrator
Reactions
It seems that Lexus is working really hard to market the Hybrid over the regular model. The LC 500h is present at many Auto Shows but not the gasoline model.

My understanding is that it's production related -- LC hybrids take priority because it will be the major push in markets outside of North America.

Reactions
Here are some more pics from the arrival day. I'll try to post some more of LCs out on the road.
If anyone would like to share these please use my insta tag @twinscroll

5xzzaHa.jpg

LTpZnrt.jpg

dgL0x0y.jpg

Last edited:

PeterF

Follower
Reactions
Checked out one of these pre-production LC500h yesterday at dealership. I got some updates that may be of interest and some pics. first the picsIMG_2539.JPG IMG_2543.JPG IMG_2535.JPG IMG_2538.JPG IMG_2535.JPG

PeterF

Follower
Reactions
I learned a few things yesterday after meeting speaking with Lexus reps as they were showing off a LC500h.

1. I was under the impression that Lexus was distributing those LC500hs we saw coming off the boat to serve as showroom models at dealerships across the nation. NOT THE CASE AT ALL

The reps were from the Chicago area offices of the Midwest region of dealerships. They received 5 LC500h models, which were then driven by 5 reps to the various dealerships to show them to 1. Those who already ordered one, 2. Any potential buyer that the dealership had who wanted to see one up close, and 3 to the sales consultants and staff at the dealership. The rep arrived yesterday at 5pm, spent about 1.5 hours with “us”, then tomorrow will drive to the next dealership (perhaps Lousville KY but not sure)

2. my salesconsultant or the dealer in general, thought that those who had ordered one would be able to take one for a drive. NOT THE CASE. unfortunately… I had driven about 75 minutes to get to the dealer, thinking I would take it for a drive, but had to settle to being taken for a drive. The drive was very nice, the next best thing, I guess. Worth the trip.

3. the Lexus rep claimed that one can actually adjust the sensitivity of the Remote Touch Interface via Car Settings but did not know specifics. Both reps believed this but could not elaborate. I had already on my RC300 and could not find such an option, but this might be the case. I have the tech guy at my dealership looking into it and am told that they will have it down for the LC. I’m happy about that.

4. One of the reps did not know as much as even I do (and I am a neophyte) about the LC. For instance, he didn’t know anything about the brake calipers (I mentioned that the front had 6 cylinders, he said he didn’t know that technical detail). I did not suggest that he look on the web and watch a few videos and read some articles about such, not so minor, details. He also didn’t know that the sports performance trim package also included carbon fiber door scuffs. It looks like he has not done his homework and looked carefully over the LC specs on the LEXUS website.

5. I asked this same rep about whether the GS and maybe the IS would come out on the GA-L platform. He looked at me with a blank look and said NO, there are no plans for the GS or IS. I think he just doesn’t know and is mistaken

6. The rep said that he has heard rumors that there might be a convertible version of the LC, but he was not sure. I believe he was referring to the LF-CC (C2), but it began to appear that he did not know much more than his standard lines about the LC500 that one could read about in any major review of the car.

7. I asked whether the LS would come with a F-Sport trim, and he immediately said “YES, just like we do with all of our models” but I had the impression that he was not up on that either.

In any event, I was really impressed with the LC500h. I describe the experience as “multisensory excitement stimulation” (I’m a Professor of Psychological and Brain Sciences and this is the kind of jargon we might use in this case). However, I was not as impressed with the rep, but I can cut him some slack since he was huge on enthusiasm (which I like) and still young (~27 yrs). Maybe some reps don't realize that there are some buyers out there who do a lot of homework

The other rep was older (mid 50s?), quieter, seemed quite knowledgeable and was a good listener. He did not have the role of hyping the LC.

krew

Site Founder
Administrator
Reactions
3. the Lexus rep claimed that one can actually adjust the sensitivity of the Remote Touch Interface via Car Settings but did not know specifics. Both reps believed this but could not elaborate. I had already on my RC300 and could not find such an option, but this might be the case. I have the tech guy at my dealership looking into it and am told that they will have it down for the LC. I’m happy about that.

Pretty sure all Remote Touch interfaces allow for adjusting sensitivity:

In any event, I was really impressed with the LC500h. I describe the experience as “multisensory excitement stimulation” (I’m a Professor of Psychological and Brain Sciences and this is the kind of jargon we might use in this case). However, I was not as impressed with the rep, but I can cut him some slack since he was huge on enthusiasm (which I like) and still young (~27 yrs). Maybe some reps don't realize that there are some buyers out there who do a lot of homework

Nice way to put it! And welcome to the club of knowing more about the vehicles than the people that work at Lexus. ;)

Ignorant rep faces Lexus Enthusiast ... LOL ... Bravo! PeterF ;)

LOVE IT.

PeterF

Follower
Reactions
Pretty sure all Remote Touch interfaces allow for adjusting sensitivity:

What's interesting is that last summer I was trying to deal with the remote touch interface in my RC and thought that sensitivity must be adjustable since it just like a laptop. I contacted the dealership and spoke with their tech guy and he had no idea. I looked and could not find how to do it by going through the menus. thanks for the video thoughg. I am going to use it to see if I can adjust my RC's. BTW: the tech person at the dealership, who I might add is a true car lover, knows a lot about Lexus and other top competitors, and is a really good guy (we have exchanged texts about the LC), tells me now that he can help and knows what to do. so he is up to speed now. I will check it out!

Last edited by a moderator: