Production Lexus LC Models Start Arriving in the USA

PeterF

Follower
Reactions
Today I received a package from Lexus corporate in advance of receiving the LC. It was a 4 x 6 picture of the LC (in red) mounted in a transparent frame that could sit on a desk. There also was an official glossy document titled UNKNOW IMPOSSIBLE introducing me to my LC 500, thanking me and telling me to "prepare to experience amazing", with the VIN, the build date (4/12/2017), the manufacturing plant (Motomachi) and the point of entry to the USA (Newark). (there was a new LC pamphlet and a new order form). I had the wrong information yesterday that the LC arrived in Portland on the 9th. My LC arrived in Newark on the 8th, I believe it was part of the shipment that mikavelli told us of earlier in the week.

So, it's coming!

there was a note on the back of the picture that had my name, the date 5/8/2017 and 60/300, which suggests to me that mine was the 60th built of the first 300, but I am just guessing. I will post pics once I get it.

RAL

Reactions
Today I received a package from Lexus corporate in advance of receiving the LC. It was a 4 x 6 picture of the LC (in red) mounted in a transparent frame that could sit on a desk. There also was an official glossy document titled UNKNOW IMPOSSIBLE introducing me to my LC 500, thanking me and telling me to "prepare to experience amazing", with the VIN, the build date (4/12/2017), the manufacturing plant (Motomachi) and the point of entry to the USA (Newark). (there was a new LC pamphlet and a new order form). I had the wrong information yesterday that the LC arrived in Portland on the 9th. My LC arrived in Newark on the 8th, I believe it was part of the shipment that mikavelli told us of earlier in the week.

So, it's coming!

there was a note on the back of the picture that had my name, the date 5/8/2017 and 60/300, which suggests to me that mine was the 60th built of the first 300, but I am just guessing. I will post pics once I get it.
Thanks for sharing your excitement with us all!

mikeavelli

Reactions

So, it's coming!

Pretty cool!

Reactions

the date the picture frame was created and the 60th gift out of 300. "Limited Edition" for initial buyers in a certain part of the U.S.

Best.

PeterF

Follower
Reactions
I got my new LC yesterday. What a car! Before I comment any more, I want to point out that Motor Trend's last review was patently false in regards to operating the radio when driving. The reviewer claimed that you can't operate the radio when driving. This is FALSE. There are FOUR ways of changing stations / operating the radio while driving
1. via the remote touchpad. As in all previous versions of the touchpad, you can use menu to go to radio and then either pick a preset station or search. BUT this is not the best option when driving because you are distracted from driving
2. via the buttons on the center consol right by your right hand. There is Search switch (left of volume knob) and a tune button (on right).
3. via buttons on the steering wheel. you can chose Radio from the mode, then scroll through all preset stations. You can also use the consol scan/search button in this process to find stations (if you are traveling outside of the preset station ranges)
4. you can use Voice Commands. You can ask for a specific station or type of station. you can use the scan / search switch on the consol with right hand.

I don't have time to get into too much detail on this post, but this car is more than everything I expected. The looks, the interior, the sound and the drive. You simply can't take your eyes off it and BOY is it fun to drive, and the acceleration is more than enough for me. Took it on a drive on some hilly, winding roads - it was a dream.

A big indication for me that this car is truly amazing is the reaction of my wife, who is a very rational person (Philosophy faculty) and is generally unimpressed by cars. she owns a 2011 Corolla and has no desire to upgrade.

when she saw the car, she could not stop smiling! she was really taken, walked around the car, looking at details, admiring, with a HUGE smile on her face. Then we went for that drive on the hilly winding roads during which I gave it a few all out accelerations (10 speed and paddles), she was smiling all the time. So, that's a big indication of just how spectacular the car is. Here are some pics. more pics and comentary to come.
LE 2.JPG LE 3.JPG

Attachments

• LE pic rear.jpg
    LE pic rear.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 7

Benito

Fan
Reactions
Congratulations, sounds like you are more than satisfied with your purchase. I can't wait to hear the rest of your thoughts on the LC.

I'm not surprised that there are so many ways to change the radio station while driving.

oem_is300

Founding Member
Reactions
Congrats on your new LC! Agreed, more pics! I'd also like to hear more on your ownership experience as you learn more about it.

RAL

Reactions
... a big CONGRATULATIONS to you! ... looking forward to more pics and all your feedback!
My wife tends to be ambivalent about our vehicles as well ... did not want me to get the IS300 ... until she saw it and drove it!
Maybe someday it will be an LC instead. ;)
So glad for you PeterF!

Gecko

Administrator
Reactions
He forgot about us. He's been out driving the car and hasn't been back to the computer. I want to be mad, but I just can't.

tumblr_inline_obg5otBM4T1r79k32_500.gif

PeterF

Follower
Reactions
thanks everyone!! LOL, I saw the posts yesterday, but wanted to get some more pictures as well. It is true that I have been really enjoying my new toy and BOY is it fun to drive. Here are a few notes about my early LC ownership experience.
1. the car is stunning and in person it's so much more than in a picture or a video. I can't help myself from smiling and even laughing when I look at the car.

2. People are constantly waving at me, stopping to ask questions, literally hanging out of their windows raving about the car! It's so gorgeous. Many are car people, corvette owners, BMW, mercedes and just regular folks. It's remarkable. My wife is thrilled (she mentioned that maybe she should get a new car too). The car really just moves you. As a good friend said, it's more than a car. It's a work of art and there is nothing like it out there (he is a car guy too).

3. I have been driving it a lot. Getting used to paddle shifters, accelerating in each mode and using the 10 speed or paddles in each mode (my son and I will make a video just going through the experience of accelerating in each mode via 10s or paddles POV. We are going to do that in about 10 days, because I am driving it up to Canada first thing tomorrow to visit family (round trip will be close to 2000 miles); that should be fun.

It is really exhilarating looking at it, sitting in it, and driving it.

I am spending time going through all of the devices and commands and learning the tech. Oh yes, I've washed it a few times and gave it a good wax as well. This is a special car

here are some more pics, I will upload more in a second messageLE b1.JPG LE b2.JPG LE b3.JPG LE b4.JPG

LE b1.JPG LE b2.JPG LE b3.JPG LE b4.JPG

PeterF

Follower
Reactions
here are some more pics (another fun thing. yesterday I parked the car in an upper level of the garage at work, that was close to empty, backed it in at the end, a lot of space. when I came out 5 hours later, there were two 2017 Lexus parked right next to me, backed in, showing the glory of the spindle grille. a 2017 IS 300 and an ES 350. I took a picture, but the lighting was bad. see belowLE b7.JPG LE b6.JPG LE b5.JPG LE b8.JPG IMG_2773.JPG

PeterF

Follower
Reactions
Oh yes, I'm in a partial state of disbelief that I own this car! I am so glad that I didn't buy a 911. The LC is such a beautiful (sexy) and unique car; oh it sounds so good, especially with the paddles (and downshifts!!!). they really got the sound down, and, :) it does attract attention. If you put it in Sport + mode, and gun it off the start, the sound is glorious and it really takes off nicely.

Gecko

Administrator
Reactions
Just curious what types of questions and comments you've gotten from people so far?

The launch of the LC reminds me of the 2SC, when that looked literally like nothing else on the road and they were backordered for 2 years. People used to see one on the road and go nuts - but I bet the LC is creating even more hysteria.

PeterF

Follower
Reactions
Just curious what types of questions and comments you've gotten from people so far?

The launch of the LC reminds me of the 2SC, when that looked literally like nothing else on the road and they were backordered for 2 years. People used to see one on the road and go nuts - but I bet the LC is creating even more hysteria.

I just completed a 600+ mile drive up to Canada (toronto area). I got the same attention all the way up. Mostly with people driving up behind, then beside me (some appeared to be taking videos with their phones). Each time I stopped for gas and a break, someone came up to talk.

Most of the questions are: "what kind of car is that?" when I tell them it's the new Lexus LC500, most had never heard about it. So, I gave them some background. Other questions: " Can you start it up? what kind of engine!

Comments: "that looks like a concept car" "I have never seen a car that looks like that!, that is the nicest (coolest) car I have ever seen!

There were some who knew it was the new LC500 but had never seen one up close.

I feel like a rolling advertisement for Lexus and I've been very happy to promote the car, the new direction, open the doors and let people look inside.

People are generally gaga on the car.

At one rest stop in Canada, I parked the car way in the back of the parking lot where there wasn't anyone else. (I backed it in). When I came out there was a De Lorean parked right beside it, backed in. The driver got out of the DeLorean and said, "when I saw your car, I just had to park beside it so we would have 2 unique cars parked beside each other. Then someone else came up and said "is that DeLorean??? and, what is that (looking at my car), that car is beautiful, the color is really unique...

So I have been getting a lot of attention (which I am not used to, but really like, because I have the nicest and most unique car around! LOL!

I had so much fun driving it as well. It can be a spunky, quick car (acceleration is incredible but one must be careful bc it's easy to exceed the speed limit in an extreme way. The voice commands and Siri meant that I really didn't have to do much in terms of hitting buttons. Oh yes, the adaptive cruise control is truly awesome. Tomorrow I drive to Montreal. I will definitely get some videos and post something.

mordecai

Follower
Reactions
Wow! So envious of you! Congratulations!!

I would love to hear more stories of people talking to you about your car, when you get more. It really does seem to be a special car that will get noticed. It also helps that you got it in the sexy red color!

mikeavelli

Reactions
I got my new LC yesterday. What a car! Before I comment any more, I want to point out that Motor Trend's last review was patently false in regards to operating the radio when driving. The reviewer claimed that you can't operate the radio when driving. This is FALSE. There are FOUR ways of changing stations / operating the radio while driving
1. via the remote touchpad. As in all previous versions of the touchpad, you can use menu to go to radio and then either pick a preset station or search. BUT this is not the best option when driving because you are distracted from driving
2. via the buttons on the center consol right by your right hand. There is Search switch (left of volume knob) and a tune button (on right).
3. via buttons on the steering wheel. you can chose Radio from the mode, then scroll through all preset stations. You can also use the consol scan/search button in this process to find stations (if you are traveling outside of the preset station ranges)
4. you can use Voice Commands. You can ask for a specific station or type of station. you can use the scan / search switch on the consol with right hand.

I don't have time to get into too much detail on this post, but this car is more than everything I expected. The looks, the interior, the sound and the drive. You simply can't take your eyes off it and BOY is it fun to drive, and the acceleration is more than enough for me. Took it on a drive on some hilly, winding roads - it was a dream.

A big indication for me that this car is truly amazing is the reaction of my wife, who is a very rational person (Philosophy faculty) and is generally unimpressed by cars. she owns a 2011 Corolla and has no desire to upgrade.

when she saw the car, she could not stop smiling! she was really taken, walked around the car, looking at details, admiring, with a HUGE smile on her face. Then we went for that drive on the hilly winding roads during which I gave it a few all out accelerations (10 speed and paddles), she was smiling all the time. So, that's a big indication of just how spectacular the car is. Here are some pics. more pics and comentary to come.
View attachment 2415 View attachment 2416

Congrats!!! Thanks for the instant updates!