Production Lexus LC Models Start Arriving in the USA

krew

Site Founder
Administrator
Reactions
krew
17-05-03-lexus-lc-500-usa-on-sale.jpg

And there's a new commercial to kick things off.
View the original article post

meth.ix

Admirer
Reactions
Here is the problem, so many journalists are reviewing this car as a performance coupe and not as a GT, but that is because Lexus is showing too much of the performance side of the vehicle. Not saying that the performance is bad at all, but they should have waited for the LC F to be talking so much about performance. Should have shown more quiet cruising in the luxurious interior in the advertisements.

zeusus

Follower
Reactions
Thanks James! it has taken me a long while to be in a position where I could afford this. My wife thinks I'm a bit nuts, but also cute with my enthusiasm. I just figured that I have one life to live and now that I'm in my early 60s, I decided to go for it and could not resist the LC seeing I'm a bit of a Lexus nut

This is so awesome, keep us updated. I'm anticipating going for the LC at the end of the year. Do you know if the Structural blue/bespoke white was available to you when you ordered? And is it exclusive to hybrid or also the v8?

PeterF

Follower
Reactions
This is so awesome, keep us updated. I'm anticipating going for the LC at the end of the year. Do you know if the Structural blue/bespoke white was available to you when you ordered? And is it exclusive to hybrid or also the v8?

Hi zeusus, as I mentioned in my message, structural blue is currently not being offered on either model. This is very unfortunate, LEXUS, because I love that color as well as the Ultrasonic Blue Mica. It is odd that many promotional pics of the LC (and the LF-LC) had the car in structural blue (these were all hybrids).

Lexus really should offer both the V6 and V8 in Structural Blue. It is a beautiful color and I would have ordered mine in that color. Lexus should also offer 21" wheels on the hybrid as well. SO, I HOPE LEXUS LISTENS TO THIS. IT WILL SELL MORE CARS.

I'm uploading the order form that I got in January. I think that you can do a build for the LC on the Lexus site and it will provide some more options, but the initial order was restricted to 3 options: Hybrid Touring Package, V8/gas Touring Package and V8/gas Sports Performance package (this is what I got). Note; they dropped the Obsidian exterior color option at least at the time of the initial ordersLC500 Spec Sheet JPEG.jpg

PeterF

Follower
Reactions
Here is the problem, so many journalists are reviewing this car as a performance coupe and not as a GT, but that is because Lexus is showing too much of the performance side of the vehicle. Not saying that the performance is bad at all, but they should have waited for the LC F to be talking so much about performance. Should have shown more quiet cruising in the luxurious interior in the advertisements.

I agree to some degree, but it depends on the market demographic segment you are targeting. For me (early 60s, Lexus lover), it is a performance GT, but I see performance differently than many modern "car guys.' In fact, I find it silly that a number have criticized the LC b/c it only goes 0-60 in 4.8s and doesn't have the power in the lower rpm range like TT engines do. In fact, I didn't want a high performance (aka < 4.2 s for 0-60) and I definitely didn't want a sports car. I could have bought a 911 but didn't want to even though I had a lot of pressure from some of my Porsche 911 owner friends who worship the 911 and Porsche in general. SO, the adds really do spark interest in me, but I am not deluded into thinking this is an Aston Martin or a high priced very quick BMW or Mercedes. However, when targeting the younger male car enthusiast for whom 0-60 and quarter mile stats are everything, these ads represent a disconnect from the MT review stats. I do agree that the ads should have included more quiet cruising (or perhaps cruising on some winding roads like the video by Matt Farah). They just need to mix it up.

mikeavelli

Reactions
There are numerous launch parties around the nation by dealerships.... I cannot recall so much excitement before, maybe the LFA but only if they knew they were getting one. There were no launch parties hardly...

IS-SV

Premium Member
Reactions
I saw one on street today, a block away from my Bay Area Lexus dealership.

mikeavelli

Reactions
I just got photos they hit the east coast too... THEY ARE HERE!

I hope so. I wonder how long it would take to deliver cars to the midwest :). just thinking out loud

Probably a couple of weeks for PPI inspection and delivery...but they should be trickling in to view. You probably can see your LC before you can actually drive it off lol....

Keep us updated Peter!

Attachments

• FullSizeRender 3.jpg
    FullSizeRender 3.jpg
    262.7 KB · Views: 15
Last edited:

PeterF

Follower
Reactions

Probably a couple of weeks for PPI inspection and delivery...but they should be trickling in to view. You probably can see your LC before you can actually drive it off lol....

Keep us updated Peter!

woo hoo! Thanks mikeavelli! That info helps put things in perspective. I'll let you know when they contact me. Photos to follow once I get it!

mikeavelli

Reactions
Another thing I just noticed....

Seems if you don't opt for the package with the speed sensitive rear spoiler, you can opt for a fixed carbon fiber rear spoiler.

Not that I'm building a LC or anything....

Screen Shot 2017-05-08 at 6.36.23 PM.png

Seems there is an optional lower Carbon Fiber grill insert as well...

Screen Shot 2017-05-08 at 6.40.22 PM.png

PeterF

Follower
Reactions

Keep us updated Peter!

I just received word that my LC arrived in Portland OR on Tuesday, April 9th. It is being processed then shipped by train to Chicago, perhaps tomorrow or Saturday. (then from there to Indy). It might be here by Friday next week. Needless to say, I am looking forward to that day!

Last edited: