internalaudit

Expert
Reactions
I wonder what kind of Toyota/Lexus PHEVs snd BEVs will be out in three to four years' time.

2027/28 is when Toyota expects solid state batteries to be in its vehicles. Prior to that, bipolar designs.

For people who can charge at home or work inexpensively, and already have or will have an ICEV or HEV, it will probably be time to consider BEVs if only for longer powertrain warranty along the entire performance spectrum.

ssun30

Expert
Reactions
They already have a 1.2L NA inline 3 from Daihatsu called the WA-VE, came out in 2021.
I doubt they want anything designed and made by Daihatsu prior to 2024 at this moment. The Daihatsu company is completely overhauled and products will be discontinued after the current generation reaches end of life.

I think for small car engines they are going to borrow more from Suzuki going forward.

Flagship1

Follower
Reactions
I doubt they want anything designed and made by Daihatsu prior to 2024 at this moment. The Daihatsu company is completely overhauled and products will be discontinued after the current generation reaches end of life.

I think for small car engines they are going to borrow more from Suzuki going forward.
Exactly. Brands that have been officially cut off from the mothership include Hino and daihatsu.