asoksevil

Fan
Reactions
Lexus has cancelled way too many models (HS, CT, SC & GS). Are they copying Ford?

Lexus should have kept the 2018 CT and bring on the 2CT.

CT 200h
CT 200e

Lexus should have kept the HS (with new spindle grill) and bring on a 2HS (new hybrid engine M20A-FXS) to be positioned as an entry level hybrid sedan below the ES 300h.

HS 250h
ES 300h
LS 500h

Lexus needs to bring back the SC and position it as a mid-level coupe between the RC and LC.

SC 350
SC 460
SC 450h

Lexus should not cancel the GS and instead improve upon it. Is giving up on the GS really worth it? Is it the final option Lexus has come with?

GS 350
GS 500 (V35A-FTS)
GS 500h
GS F

Oh yeah and bring back an LFA convertible limited to 500 units...

The CT is still alive in other markets and we have recently seen news that the compact hatchback market is a profitable and important one for Europe and Asia, so we will be expecting a new CT here.

The HS has been discontinued for Lexus Japan. First announcement was made on December 11 2017 and they plan to end sales on March 9 2018. Lexus HS is no longer on the JP website as of today.

An SC could be certainly interesting but I think a cabriolet RC/IS is more feasible than a new segment between the LC and RC. The GS should be reintroduced as a four door coupe.

Let's not forget that the GS is still alive in markets outside Europe. So US gets the GS while CT stays in other markets which is consistent with the market specifics of each region.

mikeavelli

Reactions
Trexus I love the idea here. I do think the issue is the GS is it has to go back to being the bad boy Lexus sedan or future 4 door coupe. It has to go back to the 2nd gen and "something wicked this way comes". It can no longer be just "there". The GS F was a start but it needs far more.

With Lexus moving to "Experience Amazing" and more adventurous design and better driving, what better vehicle to be a part of that? The 2nd gen GS brought an entire new buyer to Lexus, they have to recaputure that same magic. Make it more aggressive, faster, sportier, more luxurious.

Maybe BRING BACK YELLOW FOG LIGHTS!! Hahahahha

Reactions
What about hybrid multi synergy drive ?
What will be the next price affordable model to apply this technology if we don't have Lexus GS450h anymore ?

Trexus

Founding Member
Reactions
What about hybrid multi synergy drive ?
What will be the next price affordable model to apply this technology if we don't have Lexus GS450h anymore ?

Maybe a GS 500h (8GR-FXS), similar to the LC 500h and LS 500h. Using this engine to spread the cost between various models. Make it the "bad boy" of Lexus again! Lexus could also bring the GS 300h, which is sold in Europe and Japan, for the fuel economy conscious. Lexus please Do Not cancel the GS for the rest of the world since you canceled it for Europe.

GS 300 (FKA 200t)
GS 300h
GS 350
GS 500h
GS 500 (V35A-FTS)
GS F

Last edited:

Rob Grieveson

Follower
Reactions
New one could be an Audi A7 rival has some of added convenience of an SUV with a large lift up tailgate and folding rear seats giving additional loading space if and when required. Could be a stunning compromise vehicle not quite a sedan and not an SUV. Could appeal to a wide number of luxury car buyers and also those who require a sportier look than either a traditional sedan or an SUV - Panamera?

Carmaker1

Admirer
Reactions
I had mentioned last year, that Japan will get the ES in August 2019 or thereabouts. It might explain this special edition, if GS becomes JDM only. However, it does very much annoy me, how some people are so quick to assume that GS production has ended everywhere. That is very presumptuous, but is not based on users on this site. More like Club Lexus.

With that being said, I just don't see anything that 300B is ongoing, except for one member in this thread who pointed out something to me that raises a bell. That member knows who they are and I'm curious about their vast knowledge.

I have been very busy trying to finish up the 5LS story, but encountered some delays, so I haven't logged in.

Last edited:

amoschen7

Fan
Reactions
New one could be an Audi A7 rival has some of added convenience of an SUV with a large lift up tailgate and folding rear seats giving additional loading space if and when required. Could be a stunning compromise vehicle not quite a sedan and not an SUV. Could appeal to a wide number of luxury car buyers and also those who require a sportier look than either a traditional sedan or an SUV - Panamera?
Totally agreed! I have always imagined GS to evolve into a fastback sedan like A7. I mean I have to say A7 has gorgeous curves, just lacked refined touching and interiors.

spwolf

Expert
Reactions
I had mentioned last year, that Japan will get the ES in August 2019 or thereabouts. It might explain this special edition, if GS becomes JDM only. However, it does very much annoy me, how some people are so quick to assume that GS production has ended everywhere. That is very presumptuous, but is not based on users on this site. More like Club Lexus.

With that being said, I just don't see anything that 300B is ongoing, except for one member in this thread who pointed out something to me that raises a bell. That member knows who they are and I'm curious about their vast knowledge.

I have been very busy trying to finish up the 5LS story, but encountered some delays, so I haven't logged in.

some dealer on CL also confirmed there is 2019 GS, it is simplified lineup so it is definitely staying for another year.

amoschen7

Fan
Reactions
I have just read a news on Chinese website saying the new GS is going to be announced this October on GA-N platform. I dug around for similar information and found nothing so I don’t know how much creditbility it has. Anyways, the news shows people are expecting GS badly!

sl0519

Follower
Reactions
I have just read a news on Chinese website saying the new GS is going to be announced this October on GA-N platform. I dug around for similar information and found nothing so I don’t know how much creditbility it has. Anyways, the news shows people are expecting GS badly!

Need confirmation from @Carmaker1
Lets hope it is true!

ssun30

Expert
Reactions

Looks like somebody scooped up an outdated rumor from a Japanese site, which itself could be a reused outdated rumor:
http://car-report.jp/blog-entry-1147.html

Something to note here:
>>The rumor used spy shots taken last year that turned out to be the new Crown.
>>GA-N is a purely speculative codename (the only source is ja.wikipedia, which doesn't even quote a primary source). Just because current generation Crown/GS are based on the N platform does not mean there will be a GA-N. Then again GA-L stands for GA-Luxury so smaller RWD vehicles could use a different platform.

The same old question holds: if new GS is almost ready, why haven't we seen any mules on the road?

amoschen7

Fan
Reactions
Looks like somebody scooped up an outdated rumor from a Japanese site, which itself could be a reused outdated rumor:

Something to note here:
>>GA-N is a purely speculative codename (the only source is ja.wikipedia, which doesn't even quote a primary source). Just because current generation Crown/GS are based on the N platform does not mean there will be a GA-N. Then again GA-L stands for GA-Luxury so smaller RWD vehicles could use a different platform.

The same old question holds: if new GS is almost ready, why haven't we seen any mules on the road?
Yea, I also feel it should probably based on GA-L. Come on Lexus, show us something!

sl0519

Follower
Reactions

Something to note here:

Turns out it's a false rumor :weary_face:

Sakura

Fan
Reactions

Maybe I'm just being optimistic because I really want the GS to live. The Lexus ES is not a GS replacement - its not right to think it is. :confused:

I'm hoping for something like this: the Lexus GS is currently in development right now and test-cars/mules will hit the road in 2019 with an expected 2020 release for MY2021.
^This will gives it time for the 4G Lexus IS to take design ques from the Lexus GS (because the IS tends to copy the GS in design ques) which will make the 4G Lexus IS a MY2022. Following the 8 year life cycle of the 2G Lexus IS - the 3G Lexus IS will have its last model in 2021.

:pray::pray::pray::pray::pray::pray::pray: I hope.

Trexus

Founding Member
Reactions
^^^^^Also if there were GS mules running right now it would take the spotlight away from the 7ES.....so maybe Lexus is waiting a bit before they release anything new for the next generation GS...we'll have to wait and see....Please Lexus bring us the 5GS...

spwolf

Expert
Reactions
^^^^^Also if there were GS mules running right now it would take the spotlight away from the 7ES.....so maybe Lexus is waiting a bit before they release anything new for the next generation GS...we'll have to wait and see....Please Lexus bring us the 5GS...

hard to say... i dont see rumors about GS even in Japanese mags.

Sakura

Fan
Reactions
hard to say... i dont see rumors about GS even in Japanese mags.

Agreed with Trexus - having a 5GS test car running around would possibly draw down the hype of the ES.
I really want the 5GS to live to. While I do not own one, I think the GS is an important car within the full-size luxury car sedan segment.

Agreed, spwolf, its definitely hard to say at this point. The end of EU-Spec GS could just mean the GS won't sell in Europe anymore but no one really knows. The Toyota has the Crown available so you can development the GS pretty quickly as well.
Everyone is just hoping as of right now. Rumors could show up later this year or next year, hopefully.
A 5GS release in 2020 for MY2021 prior to the 4G IS release in 2021 for MY2022 wouldn't be a farfetched idea considering it'll allow time for the ES to settle in and then the IS can follow the 8 year life cycle of 2G IS.