Carmaker1

Admirer
Reaction score
What do you think the odds are some of their high profile projects are being intentionally delayed or lengthened to account for the imminent global recession? At this point it's guaranteed to happen. It has already begun around the world, and US and China will only hang on for another year maximum. By stretching the development process they could reduce the short-term risk and prepare a better product for the recovery period after the recession (2-3 years after a recession is usually the best time to launch luxury products).
Oh no, I hadn't thought of that...LC-F too maybe on that basis? How ground up was the LF-1? Heavy production basis (like 2013 LF-NX), light-to-moderate production basis (like 2015 LF-FC) or entirely from scratch (2012 LF-LC)?

As for any incoming recession, yes it is a cause for concern with any company, as I'm myself being very careful with investments/stocks, let alone a large company on capital expenditure.

ssun30

Expert
Reaction score
Oh no, I hadn't thought of that...LC-F too maybe on that basis? How ground up was the LF-1? Heavy production basis (like 2013 LF-NX), light-to-moderate production basis (like 2015 LF-FC) or entirely from scratch (2012 LF-LC)?

As for any incoming recession, yes it is a cause for concern with any company, as I'm myself being very careful with investments/stocks, let alone a large company on capital expenditure.
The GA-F LX could happen sooner because the J300 is near completion anyway. The LF-1 is a much riskier project which is why I think they could be delaying it for the recession. And the LC-F could receive similar treatment if it was a more ambitious project than just 'LC500 with a pair of turbos and some carbon fibre'.

Gecko

Expert
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
If they call it "LX 600" with the same 3.5L TT V6 just to make it sound like an upgrade over the LX 570... yeah... not sure I have words for that.

Mild hybrid + 3.5L TT V6 is compelling because that engine is lacking the smoothness of a V8, so such a setup would help create a more luxurious/refined driving experience.

zeusus

Follower
Reaction score
What do you think the odds are some of their high profile projects are being intentionally delayed or lengthened to account for the imminent global recession? At this point it's guaranteed to happen. It has already begun around the world, and US and China will only hang on for another year maximum. By stretching the development process they could reduce the short-term risk and prepare a better product for the recovery period after the recession (2-3 years after a recession is usually the best time to launch luxury products).
Glad you posted it. I was thinking this same exact idea sometime last week but got distracted and didn't get to start a post on the recession theory.

It does make a lot of sense as Lexus has been bulking up their bottom half offerings and would explain the decision to delay new GS activities. The recession just seems to be hovering these days. Any conglomerate without at least a plan to hedge against recession is just begging for a shellacking. A lot of big companies and hedge funds are hoarding cash in anticipation.

maiaramdan

Admirer
Reaction score
Long story short if @Carmaker1 naming trademark, and the LX will stay as LandCruiser brother, and the GX becoming niche, so what's the odds of making the production version of LF-1 as the next GX ???

It will give some space for Prado and 4Runner to becoming upscale and it will be in the middle pricing between the FF RX and the BOF LX