Ian Schmidt

Reactions
I would definitely not bother with a Tesla especially with the Model 3 not offering an ESA / extended warranty and with shady Right to Repair though there was an article last week that said Tesla is finally opening it up.

That was a mistake - the Tesla China server hadn't secured the "confidential" repair manuals so some people found them, but it got closed again about an hour after Electrek reported it.

Will1991

Reactions
It's just me or this SUV looks awfull a lot like the 2NX BestCar render?

20-06-04-lexus-nx-next-generation-850x496.jpg

image.png

We can see that:
  • Spindle Grill goes really up to the hood;
  • That line where the fog light uses to go;
  • Almost vertical front end
image.png

It's just me seeing things or this can really be the 2NX?

Also, this being the 2NX, does Lexus "confirmed" it will have a BEV variant?
image.png

Gecko

Administrator
Reactions
They look quite different to me - in the video, the camo'ed prototype has a pretty squared off back half whereas the Best Car render is pretty swoopy. The fenders are also more pronounce and square in the prototype.

But, based on timing, it makes the most sense for that vehicle to be the NX anyway.

Will1991

Reactions
@Gecko, I'm not giving the top part of the back end a lot of attention because they clearly used the current 1NX to make this render:

Lexus-NX-300h-2020.jpg

I'm looking more into overall design language and design features than to the exact proportions of it.

EDIT: At the back, they also made a more squared SUV:
20-06-04-lexus-nx-rear-next-generation.jpg

While still using the top part from the 1NX, perhaps to look more production like/easier to do?
acc_p_8848a_lexusnx300hrear.jpg

Last edited:

maiaramdan

Expert
Reactions
2021 is nearly here
And we will be able to see both new RX & NX maybe even the whole new TX
I agree with you BestCar photos are just a rendering

But if your scenario is right
That may means Lexus will go the German route

NX normal styled small Lux CUV X3/Q5/GLC
?X sporty styled small Lux CUV X4/Q5 sport/GLC coupe

TX normal styled mid Lux CUV X5/GLE
RX sporty styled mid Lux CUV X6/GLE coupe

LX normal styled full Lux SUV X7/GLS
?X sporty styled full Lux CUV aka LF-1 limitless, X8/rumoured GLS coupe/Q8/Urus

Last edited:
Reactions
It's just me or this SUV looks awfull a lot like the 2NX BestCar render?

20-06-04-lexus-nx-next-generation-850x496.jpg

image.png

We can see that:
  • Spindle Grill goes really up to the hood;
  • That line where the fog light uses to go;
  • Almost vertical front end
image.png

It's just me seeing things or this can really be the 2NX?

Also, this being the 2NX, does Lexus "confirmed" it will have a BEV variant?
image.png
I still think it's the LX. The space from the the top of the front wheel to the hood is too tall for the NX. Also, the wheels are from the LX570. Compared to the ES wheels, they are huge. My guess is LX!

Will1991

Reactions
Bumping up this thread, due to what we've seen in the Hybrid Tundra.

I'm thinking about this new Hybrid system, and I thing it's going in a similar route, with a P2 hybrid system.

In my opinion it's going to be something like this:

• Front Axle:
    • Direct-Shift 8AT
    • T24A-FTS
    • MG1 in a P2 arrangement
  • Rear Axle
    • MG2/eAxle

This would have an amazing performance, perhaps 400kW (205kW from ICE + 45kW MG1 + 150kW eAxle)? I would say in a PHEV system as well?

It would make an impressive ES to replace the GS :)

Just think about it in a next gen ES:
  1. Low price and fuel efficient -> "Normal" eCVT hybrid
  2. Average price and more fuel efficient -> PHEV eCVT
  3. High price and high power -> eAxle PHEV/HEV

This could make the ES target audience even bigger!

Last edited:

spwolf

Expert
Reactions
will e-axle really have AT? it does not make sense though, you are losing many benefits of HSD there and main point is actually e-axle.

Will1991

Reactions
They say things like "improved driving feel", and eCVT's are quite strange when you want performance...

ssun30

Expert
Reactions
That's too much torque in the front. T24 has 430N.m plus MG1 would put close to 600N.m on the front axle (in P2 torque is additive). There is no mechanical center diff or a power split device in your proposal so all that torque is always on the front axle. The car will be undrivable. In fact the only thing your MG1 can do is charging the battery.

In PS the torque is not additive and the HSD acts like an electric center diff. MG1 drains power from ICE and then send that to rear axle.

Will1991

Reactions
I was looking if I could find any more info for the BZ4X, and I made the following correlation:

Captura-de-ecr-2021-10-29-s-19-09-07.png

This is one of the known eAxle's MG's, and it should be the one present in the BZ4X, and it says "P4 SUV & Premium Car".

Perhaps this is the future RWD MG to go into the eAxle/Direct4 for Lexus?

Perhaps this is what's different for the 500h trademark, a more powerful rear MG?

Maybe to go into the next trademarked RX500h/LM500h and the rumored GA-K hybrid AWD Crown/next-ES?

Will1991

Reactions
Revisiting this thread about the Direct4/new AWD Lexus hybrid system.

-> T24-FTS
-> 1 Motor HV
-> eAxle with 80kW

This would mean 250kW or around 340hp, that's about 70% of 500 which isn't far from the usual "numerical to hp" conversion for Lexus hybrids and pretty close to the current LC/LS500h.

-> ICE
image.png

-> 1 Motor HV (with 450Nm ICE torque capacity, higher than the 430Nm from the T24-FTS)
image.png

-> 80kW for the rear wheels e-Axle, it even says P4 for SUV (RX) and Premium Car (ES/CROWN?)
image.png

This would be an awesome RX500h and a future ES500h to sort of replace the LS as a sedan...

This system would make a next-gen ES more appealing to even more costumers:
-> Entry level 2.5L dynamic force engine
-> Medium, more fuel efficient 350h 2-motor HV (PSD)
-> More performance oriented AWD 500h 1-motor HV

The EM coupled with the ICE could draw power from the engine and send it to the eAxle to avoid overpowering the front axle.

This also makes (to me) the rumor about the future CROWN-ES relation more plausible since we can have the Crown with a 2.5L I4 and 3.5L hybrid powertrain.

Levi

Expert
Reactions
I was just thinking about this these days. ES 500h would make a very compelling luxury daily for 4 people, and a quite satisfactory replacement for the GS 450h. ES would be lighter, faster, very spacious in the rear, fuel efficient, and stylish if it looks like new NX. It is possible ES will get its replacement sooner, also because of Crown.