MKV Toyota Supra Master Thread

supra93

Expert
Reactions
big_4040183_202101102217190000001.jpeg

Ian Schmidt

Reactions
Show and go

To me, that's still the big advantage of the Supra having a BMW drivetrain - there's plenty of expertise out there already on modding and tuning it. Whereas almost nobody has "broken the code" on any of Toyota's recent ECUs (and not at all yet for the Dynamic Force engines)

ssun30

Expert
Reactions
The Mk.4 NA Supra manual is surprisingly fast for its time. Remember these were the times when entry-level Aston Martins and Ferraris barely go under 6s in 0-100 km/h.

Being so light I think even with the 2GR-FSE the Mk.5 Supra can still be very good, definitely better than having a 2.0T I4...and the 2GR-FSE can be had with a manual.

Reactions
The Mk.4 NA Supra manual is surprisingly fast for its time. Remember these were the times when entry-level Aston Martins and Ferraris barely go under 6s in 0-100 km/h.

Being so light I think even with the 2GR-FSE the Mk.5 Supra can still be very good, definitely better than having a 2.0T I4...and the 2GR-FSE can be had with a manual.

Oh my god that JZ sounds so good. 😍

Levi

Expert
Reactions
The BMW 1er being FWD, the BMW 4er having grew alot in size, it looks like the new 2er is based on Z4/Supra. BMW will give the new 2er a coupe design with lower glasshouse and higher belt line instead of the 2 door sedan look. It will then be very close to weight of Supra/Z4, lighter and more compact than 4er, have 2 more seats than Z4/Supra, and get all the engines and manual from the M4. The Supra will be dead, not much lighter, not more practical, and no manual, no M engine, more expensive for what you get.

Lesson: never make business with Germans if you are not German or US government. They always win.

Must be the reason Toyota -- if rumors are true -- is making their own Supra A100.

Looks like TMC's strategy is to go out with a bang before HEVs/PHEVs/BEVs/FCEVs really take over. They might lose some money in the short term, but that long image that will not be possible to be replicated in future will be priceless. Everyone will remember BMW had no supercar.