MKV Toyota Supra Master Thread

Flagship1

Follower
Reactions
I'm not opposed to it. Purpose evolves. The path to that purpose evolves. As long as the Supra looks striking and was built with passion, it'll be fine. I wasn't sure how I'd feel about a 3 cylinder in the GR Corolla, but it's phenomenal. The product development team gave all the f***s and that's what matters. That passion made a very special machine.
To me, this is more sacrilegious than BMW collaborating with Toyota to build a GR Supra. Now sure, there is a 4-cylinder model, but very few people purchase that one anyways. The vast majority of people buy the inline-six.
If toyota makes this motor and platform as friendly and open to the aftermarket as it has done with the overlanding crew before the GX and LC customer launch this might take up the 2jz mantle.

If they decide everything is inhouse or turn key i get your point @F1 Silver Arrows

ssun30

Expert
Reactions
We need to be a little patient. They haven't revealed any plans for the 400PS+ segment unless they want to go full electric there which is highly unlikely. If their estimates are correct the V35's output will be reduced to 280-300 PS in 2027. They cannot sell a half-ton truck or full-size SUV with that amount of power. The V35 WILL get a replacement but we just don't know their plans yet.

I agree that the 600PS 2.0L variant will not make it into a production car as the drivability will probably be very poor. It's likely for the SuperGT and Super Formula programs.

qtb007

Follower
Reactions
I agree that the 600PS 2.0L variant will not make it into a production car as the drivability will probably be very poor. It's likely for the SuperGT and Super Formula programs.
That seems reasonable... but I will say that having a 600PS motorsports version that shares a lot with the normal production version is the sort of thing that enthusiasts eat up.

Flagship1

Follower
Reactions
We need to be a little patient. They haven't revealed any plans for the 400PS+ segment unless they want to go full electric there which is highly unlikely. If their estimates are correct the V35's output will be reduced to 280-300 PS in 2027. They cannot sell a half-ton truck or full-size SUV with that amount of power. The V35 WILL get a replacement but we just don't know their plans yet.

will the b58 from bmw face similar penalties?

carguy420

Admirer
Reactions
To the car manufacturers that aren't fully prepared to deal with Euro 7 emissions regulations, good luck lol 😂.

When Toyota, Mazda and Subaru announced they are making new gen engines, I saw comments from some Japanese Honda fanboys being upset that their favourite brand is not caring much about ICEs anymore and instead is still continuing to dump their money into EVs despite the dwindling demand for EVs.

ssun30

Expert
Reactions
will the b58 from bmw face similar penalties?
BMW has always been fully committed to ICE development (even including further development of V8s) so even if B58 won't satisfy Euro 7, the B59 would certainly be ready by 2027 with little to no loss in output.

The Stellantis Hurricane is already compliant with EPA2027 and it should be a reference for a future B59 or whatever Toyota plans to replace the V35 with.

BMW was the "No.2 villain" after Toyota in the eyes of "ESG investors".

Motor

Expert
Reactions
  • 2025 GR Supra Available in Two Grades: 3.0 and 3.0 Premium
  • Rated up to 382 Horsepower with 368 lb-ft. of Torque
  • Automatic or Manual Transmission Available on Both Grades
  • Complimentary 1-year membership to the National Auto Sport Association
1719677600691.jpeg

carguy420

Admirer
Reactions
Not even sure why they bothered to sell the 4 cylinder version in North America. Japanese and European market might somewhat make sense for this model, but in North America? Hell no lol.