Mazda CX 70

Reactions
Remember, in a rolling start (5-60mph no brake torque/launch control), the IS500 is as fast as the base M3.

2UR to V35 is absolutely a downgrade.
The V8 was the best one out there. Proven, sounds great and exclusive in a class of smaller engines. That V35 has been blowing up on Tundras I would stay away. Very sad to see Lexus go this route. But I can't wait for the 4.0 twin turbo V8 with hybrid set up.

My dream car is a Mazda CX-70 3.3 I6. I hope Lexus (through Toyota's partnership) produces a I6 to use in future GS replacement? Surely the I6 from Mazda is holding up better and is a fantastic engine nvh wise vs the V35 and the 4.6/5.0 and 5.7 V8 that Toyota and Lexus made for years?

Gor134

Admirer
Reactions
The B58 is fine tuned to perfection in the BMW products I would say, smooth, lots of low-end torque, and quiet with a nice sound. I have driven the CX70 and CX90 3.3 Turbo S, and while those are nice I would say they're not quite as smooth as the B58, but could also be the transmission tuning and throttle response.

Reactions
The B58 is fine tuned to perfection in the BMW products I would say, smooth, lots of low-end torque, and quiet with a nice sound. I have driven the CX70 and CX90 3.3 Turbo S, and while those are nice I would say they're not quite as smooth as the B58, but could also be the transmission tuning and throttle response.
Wow, on a scale of 10 the B58 is 10, 3.3 I6 from Mazda is 8 and Lexus 2.4 turbo is 7.5? I love a good I6. I wish we had a ratings system. I just need your input. And I made these numbers up. I haven't driven any of these. Thanks!

Gor134

Admirer
Reactions
I'm not sure I'd compare the RX500h FSP to the i6s.. totally different feel. It doesn't feel as quick or punchy, but it's still smooth power delivery. Boring powertrain though.

Reactions
I'm not sure I'd compare the RX500h FSP to the i6s.. totally different feel. It doesn't feel as quick or punchy, but it's still smooth power delivery. Boring powertrain though.
Nice! I'm holding out for CX-70 as my dream car. But it is a bit big so the CX-5 hybrid 2026 is my best bet. RX500h are 85k CAD base but I'm happy with RX350h. I don't care for fast, quick enough in the city and highway but high mpg matters most.

pacman1

Fan
Reactions
Nice! I'm holding out for CX-70 as my dream car. But it is a bit big so the CX-5 hybrid 2026 is my best bet. RX500h are 85k CAD base but I'm happy with RX350h. I don't care for fast, quick enough in the city and highway but high mpg matters most.
There’s also a PHEV if mpg matters most to you. Curious though, why CX70 over CX90? Same shape, you can remove third row making it essentially a CX70. I was wondering who Mazda was targeting the CX70 to vs the CX90, it wasn’t different enough for me to justify a new model designation.

Reactions
There’s also a PHEV if mpg matters most to you. Curious though, why CX70 over CX90? Same shape, you can remove third row making it essentially a CX70. I was wondering who Mazda was targeting the CX70 to vs the CX90, it wasn’t different enough for me to justify a new model designation.
The PHEV has been a nightmare for owners. Battery failures, glitchy software etc. I would get the I6 and the PHEVs I trust is Toyota 🙂.
I don't want 3rd row and am living with my wife. We're looking to go places. Dual income, no kids.
The reveal disappointed me too because I was expecting a wide body version of the CX-60. I prefer a premium driving experience and judging by reviews, adaptive dampers and additional sound insulation would make CX-90 and 70 competitive...