Reactions
Still scratching my head about that if the last year for the RCF is 2023… I had someone from a dealership told me that.

Hm... I guess sales will still flow onto 2024 so perhaps that won't be too big of a deal. But the new racecar to be revealed in 2025 is unexpected.

mikeavelli

Reactions
I was hoping Jack could hold off the #79 but it just seemed like it was a matter of time before the Mercedes passed him.

hellodear.in

teatv

The RC F GT3 just will never have that same outright speed. The team affectionately call them the “war pigs”. Big heavy race cars. It’s amazing they perform to sell, a testament to the teamwork involved.

Jack is an absolutely amazing driver. Been with the team since day one!

ssun30

Expert
Reactions
The 911R was almost down 100hp compared to RC-F GT3. Just shows how good that chassis is. The RC-F would have no chance if not for the generous BOP. They need the LFR chassis ASAP.

But 2x38mm restrictors for the 911R is way too much. Now the 911R will destroy everyone on the straights as well.

Levi

Expert
Reactions
That is proper Lexus Racing. Hopefully there are upcoming products to continue this sports endeavor.

Jezza819

Follower
Reactions
KAMUI!!!!

I'm one that leaves famous people alone when I see them but I think I would have at least asked for a handshake from the legendary Kobayashi.

Chaotic finish but it was a strange race overall. Lots of cars spinning on their own, etc. I was hoping all 8 GTP cars would finish like at Daytona but that didn't happen.

Reactions
I did that’s not me tho lol… Great guy has an IS F and bought a manual Supra.

Me below

View attachment 6833View attachment 6834

I know that wasn't you, but you took a picture of Kazuki Nakajima. There is no way you weren't close with him or did not meet him. You're @mikeavelli for crying out loud......

ALSO......

OH MYY GOD THERE'S MORE PICTURES OF KAZUKI AND THE TOYOTA GUYS. AND... AND... THERE'S KAMUI. 😍😍

carguy420

Admirer
Reactions
It's not really about Lexus but Rookie Racing is still associated with Toyota, so I decided to share it here.

Screenshot_20230325-230330_YouTube.jpg
Yes, you're seeing this right, Rookie Racing is fielding a Mercedes AMG GT GT3 for this year's Super Taikyu series. My guess is this might part of the development for the production version of the GR GT3 concept, benchmarking other car manufacturer's super long nose, front engine RWD sports car that is built on a dedicated sports car platform under racing conditions, some more it's the version built for racing in the GT3 class.

Last edited:

Jezza819

Follower
Reactions
Looking forward to next year, there is a discussion about possibly allowing the Hypercar manufacturers to choose the LMGT3 teams for the 2024 WEC season. You would have each Hypercar manufacturer represented with two LMGT3 cars. In theory Toyota would choose a team, Ferrari would choose a team, etc.

The reasoning for this is with GTE going away next year this is going to greatly open up the field for the new LMGT3 class with more manufacturers coming in. Plus an expanded Hypercar field with BMW, Lamborghini, and possible others. This is going to put a limit on how big the total car count can be and possibly means the LMP2 class could be going away in WEC and they would have to run in the European LeMans Series. But LMP2 would still run at the LeMans 24 hours.

If this happens then it's going to be interesting as to who and how many cars would fill out the LMGT3 field however big the car count ends up being. Because you would have Mercedes and Acura on the outside looking in, which might prompt Acura to go ahead and declare to run Europe also in Hypercar which Andretti I'm sure is pushing for. I'm assuming Aston Martin would be guaranteed LMGT3 representation due to already having ran GTE for many years.

It's going to be interesting.

Reactions
KAMUI!!!!

I'm one that leaves famous people alone when I see them but I think I would have at least asked for a handshake from the legendary Kobayashi.

Chaotic finish but it was a strange race overall. Lots of cars spinning on their own, etc. I was hoping all 8 GTP cars would finish like at Daytona but that didn't happen.
Kamui is awesome dude to work with and when he was with us last year at CTMP he took so much time to interact with people that came up to the tent.

carguy420

Admirer
Reactions
Wohoo! Toyota 1-2 in WEC, Koji Sato was there too, on the 28th of April 2023 he was still back in Japan live streaming an apology with Akio Toyoda because Daihatsu cheated on the side impact crash tests for certain Daihatsu, Toyota and Perodua models that are currently manufactured in Thailand, Indonesia and Malaysia. https://www.youtube.com/live/dT96OHnrnUo?feature=share

Race win on one side, safety scandal on cars designed for broke-ass markets on another side. Greeeaaaaat...

ssun30

Expert
Reactions
First Hino, now Daihatsu? The "naughty children" just won't give them a break...