supra93

Expert
Reactions
@supra93 they obviously need this vehicle so why don't they just build it. I feel as though this would feel many gaps in the lineup. I also was asking about the next LS and could that be a crossover or SUV or some sort? i read some threads on here and people think it will go back to the old 4LS design.

They needed something like this for a while now. Why didn't they build the 2003 HPX concept, who knows? If something is in the pipeline hopefully we'll see it soon.

sl0519

Follower
Reactions
@supra93 they obviously need this vehicle so why don't they just build it. I feel as though this would feel many gaps in the lineup. I also was asking about the next LS and could that be a crossover or SUV or some sort? i read some threads on here and people think it will go back to the old 4LS design.

Hell no. I just think ppl weren't prepared for such a drastic change of the 5th LS but it was certainly the right direction to do so. Only the G90 left in the segment is still offering boat-like experience for old ppl whereas everyone else is shifting toward younger demographic (bold design & gimmicky tech). What made the 5th LS unsuccessful was mainly the tech, regressed occupant space, and refinement (partially fixed in FL in terms of road noise and ride comfort, but obviously TT engine still has turbo lag issue / hybrid rev still noisy and slightly underpowered). More use of aluminum in body structure is highly needed too, coz right now the LS is among the heaviest gas-powered car in its segment.

Last edited:

Berto3818

Follower
Reactions
@sl0519 makes sense. It definitely isn’t roomy at all. I’m wondering if they will use this new iforce max hybrid Concept in the next version and give it some more room.

mikeavelli

Reactions
Article by KREW 9 years ago

If Lexus did launch it, it could have preceded the X6. For all my dislike of the X6 and all the dog pooping crossovers, they sell like crazy and people want them. They are also super profitable since they don’t require anything but cutting the damn rear,

It would have been great to see the LF-1 and not sure why it didn’t come. All the Germans have this crossover segment topper including the new XM, For me I would have loved to see the wife in it. Something with a LS/LC interior and built and features and a clear step over the RX.

It just feels the BEV movement just changed a whole lot.

Let’s not forget the other LS with hydrogen. It was bigger and different. We had heard rumors of a Maybach fighter,

Gor134

Admirer
Reactions
All the Germans have this crossover segment topper including the new XM

Imagine a style/imposing presence focused Lexus SUV to park alongside your LFR at home, with the same TTV8. Cmon Lexus!

I think the biggest issue is Lexus branding and getting people to sum up that money if Lexus makes something like that. Definitely going to be interesting to see how the XM pans out, given BMW doesn't quite have the brand cachet of it's competitors(Urus, Purosangue, DBX).

ssun30

Expert
Reactions
Having to maintain a BOF lineup and repeatedly debating whether to cancel them probably played a lot into that. They had this problem of having too many SUVs, yet still miss the two most important ones as of 2022, and at the same time the BOF models became popular they couldn't cancel them.

What to do with BOF was probably the most drawn-out debate and indecision within TMC in the past two decades.

Gecko

Administrator
Reactions
Don't make me cry.

I think some of the BEVs will be RWD or AWD. LFR obviously is.

Does that help? 😂

LF-1 --> RZ
GS --> ES
LS --> radio silence on a 5 year old car is very strange and honestly has me very worried.
IS --> due for a redesign in 2025, but I'm not sure how. At this rate, Toyota's BEV tech is not looking ready in 2 years, and GA-L is way too heavy/poorly packaged for a small car like IS. Lots of Mazda platform rumors, though I don't really believe them. GA-K, hybrid only, Direct4? Maybe...
RC --> see above
LC --> probably gone once the new sports cars arrive

Levi

Expert
Reactions
IS --> due for a redesign in 2025, but I'm not sure how. At this rate, Toyota's BEV tech is not looking ready in 2 years, and GA-L is way too heavy/poorly packaged for a small car like IS. Lots of Mazda platform rumors, though I don't really believe them. GA-K, hybrid only, Direct4? Maybe...
On a car like ES it passes, for a short car like IS, they can keep it with their long front overhang.

Gecko

Administrator
Reactions
On a car like ES it passes, for a short car like IS, they can keep it with their long front overhang.

The new Lexus nose is a bit more stout and styled differently, and with 4cyl gas engines, it should be easier to make a tidy front end.... if they want to.

The way they've traditionally done the spindle water falling and jutting out from the hood line does indeed take up a lot of space.

But if there's one thing we know, it's that Lexus doesn't care much about front overhangs 😂

Reactions
I think some of the BEVs will be RWD or AWD. LFR obviously is.

Does that help? 😂

LF-1 --> RZ
GS --> ES
LS --> radio silence on a 5 year old car is very strange and honestly has me very worried.
RC --> see above
LC --> probably gone once the new sports cars arrive

thank you... for adding more salt on the wound

Last edited:

Berto3818

Follower
Reactions
Does this jive with what we know to be true?E165C7D9-0C27-4BF6-AB60-E29F24FEF28C.png

Attachments

• D5B6197C-ED59-4C22-9E36-EB4D9E8D2B7F.png
    D5B6197C-ED59-4C22-9E36-EB4D9E8D2B7F.png
    2.3 MB · Views: 15

Gor134

Admirer
Reactions
The only time I can ever think of them finding a viable business case for a "Sport SUV" along the likes of RS Q8, Cayenne, XM, Urus is when they have a new "high end" EV platform that would also suite like.. an LS or something.