Expert
Reactions
Lexus-Electrified-Sedan-Concept-1.jpg

Lexus-Electrified-Sedan-Concept-3.jpg

Lexus-Electrified-Sedan-Concept-2.jpg

NomadDan

Follower
Reactions
Can’t say I’m a fan of the rear, but the front is near perfection. I’d buy one as a DD.

maiaramdan

Expert
Reactions
The question is
Can really Lexus give us the production version identical or near identical to those concepts?

NXracer

Admirer
Reactions
Lexus, just like everyone else is a creature of habit for the most part. Majority of concepts are only brought to car shows once their designs have been basically signed off on. The concepts run true to production for the most part. Take the following examples:

2013 LF-NX debut:

800_2013-lexus-lf-nx-07.jpg

800_2013-lexus-lf-nx-06.jpg

iu

iu

Lexus LS concept
iu

iu

iu

iu

There are more examples, pardon my laziness.

On a side note, though most of their concepts turn into product launches within 2-3 years (usually a trademark application gets filed) so pardon my repeating this multiple times, but their EV day reveal confuses me. What was their motivation behind it, because the only thing I can think of is EV clout, because most of these models have yet to have TM filings.

maiaramdan

Expert
Reactions
Lexus, just like everyone else is a creature of habit for the most part. Majority of concepts are only brought to car shows once their designs have been basically signed off on. The concepts run true to production for the most part. Take the following examples:

2013 LF-NX debut:

800_2013-lexus-lf-nx-07.jpg

800_2013-lexus-lf-nx-06.jpg

iu

iu

Lexus LS concept
iu

iu

iu

iu

There are more examples, pardon my laziness.

On a side note, though most of their concepts turn into product launches within 2-3 years (usually a trademark application gets filed) so pardon my repeating this multiple times, but their EV day reveal confuses me. What was their motivation behind it, because the only thing I can think of is EV clout, because most of these models have yet to have TM filings.
For me I saw this EV revealing day as a response to the previous year discussion that TMC do not care about the environment and is one from the top polluted corps

internalaudit

Expert
Reactions
For me, the EV reveal day just confirms that I should prudently wait for a Lexus BEV and don't entertain anything else (maybe perhaps a Honda if I was on a budget and need to replace one of my ICEV/HEVs) much sooner. Lexus does seem to have an EV for every market segment and the design of the Electrified IS looks really good.

Wife wants a SUV BEV down the road though and not a sedan so hopefully the Lexus BEVs will have enhanced driving dynamics compared to the many FWD-biased AWD SUVs Lexus currently offers. Direct4 should help a lot, even without rear TVD.

Levi

Expert
Reactions
For me, the EV reveal day just confirms that I should prudently wait for a Lexus BEV and don't entertain anything else (maybe perhaps a Honda if I was on a budget and need to replace one of my ICEV/HEVs) much sooner. Lexus does seem to have an EV for every market segment and the design of the Electrified IS looks really good.

Wife wants a SUV BEV down the road though and not a sedan so hopefully the Lexus BEVs will have enhanced driving dynamics compared to the many FWD-biased AWD SUVs Lexus currently offers. Direct4 should help a lot, even without rear TVD.
With BEVs, for me there is even less reason to look at anything else than Toyota/Lexus (unless maybe.... but very unlikely) (or Lotus/Alpine small sportscar.

PS: Looking forward to Lotus rebadged BEV CUV. Quite intrigued to be honest...

internalaudit

Expert
Reactions
With BEVs, for me there is even less reason to look at anything else than Toyota/Lexus (unless maybe.... but very unlikely) (or Lotus/Alpine small sportscar.

PS: Looking forward to Lotus rebadged BEV CUV. Quite intrigued to be honest...
Why? Because of Toyota's expertise in HEVs, that carries over to PHEVs and BEVs? And reliability?

I just wish the comparable Toyota cars drive as good as Honda's but with BEVs, I bet most Lexus will be RWD-biased for the most part of the driving experience, unless a lot of slip is detected. Doesn't make sense to have a lot of FWD-biased BEVs unless they're not AWD.

maiaramdan

Expert
Reactions
Do we have any sort of confirmation that the next BOF vehicles will be ICE h2 or fuel cell?

NXracer

Admirer
Reactions
Do we have any sort of confirmation that the next BOF vehicles will be ICE h2 or fuel cell?
BOF future is going to be EV but theyre going from the middle up it seems as to best position themselves with their hottest selling BOF, taco. The bestmagx indicates H2 is in development but their future is TBD.

Right now it seems Toyota has decided that most of their EV BOFs will rollout at the very end of the transition plan, possibly entering the next decade (hence we did not see much besides the taco).

Levi

Expert
Reactions
BOF future is going to be EV but theyre going from the middle up it seems as to best position themselves with their hottest selling BOF, taco. The bestmagx indicates H2 is in development but their future is TBD.

Right now it seems Toyota has decided that most of their EV BOFs will rollout at the very end of the transition plan, possibly entering the next decade (hence we did not see much besides the taco).
BOFs for the US market do not have the same role as BOFs for the MEA and SE markets, even the the BOF's themselves are the same, which they still will not be, except the the LX.

CRSKTN

Expert
Reactions
Theyre filing these properly now. Did they file any specific elements of it? Ill check later on.

Id say we are possibly looking at the next IS.

ssun30

Expert
Reactions
The roof is so short and sloped and the tailgate is a lift back. So more like a 4 door coupe than sedan.

The interior space will be very small so they better make the wagon available everywhere. For some reason I feel the wagon will look much better.

internalaudit

Expert
Reactions
These are isometric projections. They look funky. I bet the LC looks weird too projected that way.
I do like the styling of the front and rear and wouldn't mind a hatch.

Would be interested in an IS BEV but knowing Toyota, it won't offer torque vectoring. I really just want that feature for active safety. I don't intend to drive crazy just because a car can corner well.

ssun30

Expert
Reactions
Something looks off with the side profile. Maybe it will look better on the production model.

That RZ grill doesn't look any better than the standard grill. Doing away with the spindle grill is good on this rendition.
Isometric views are what you would see with a binocular/telescope from a very long distance away. Our eyes don't look at things that way.