Issues with 2019 Lexus ES 350 Stock Audio System

Reactions
I have a 2019es350 Fsport and we couldn't hear a call coming in without turning up the radio to about 40 LOL. While on a call if you use the volume control on the left side of the steering wheel it will turn up the phone volume and not the radio. And it will retain it on following phone calls. The radio still sounds like crap but i can now receive a call and hear it .

Reactions
By the way , the ES 350 F Sport is a great car with a terrible audio system, I love the car, but can’t hear rear speakers or anyone I’m calling, repetitive I know but very disappointed in Lexus
I have a 2019es350 Fsport and we couldn't hear a call coming in without turning up the radio to about 40 LOL. While on a call if you use the volume control on the left side of the steering wheel it will turn up the phone volume and not the radio. And it will retain it on following phone calls. The radio still sounds like crap but i can now receive a call and hear it .

Reactions
Well, I took my 2019 300h in for its 10,000 mile maintenance and brought up the subject of the awful audio. The service manager agreed 100% that the sound was awful, said they've had a good number of complaints and even had Lexus reps in to check the sound on the cars on the lot only to be told working as designed. I also saw my sales person who also rolled his eyes when I mentioned the audio. He said he had a customer who bypassed the 2019 es because of the lousy audio only to back out of a 2020 es deal because Lexus hadn't fixed the audio problem.
According to my Lexus dealer, there is no current fix in the works for the 2019 es and the audio in the 2020 es sound the same as the 2019 es.
Sorry to be the bearer of bad news :(

Reactions
I’ve been driving my new 2019 ES 350 for a few weeks, and can’t figure out how to improve the audio, which seems only to come from the front of the cabin, above the dashboard. There doesn’t seem to be any rear speaker. The fader bar in the controls, if moved to the rear, almost completely mutes the audio.

I just turned in a 2016 ES 350 and it definitely had a better balanced audio performance.

Maybe there’s a wire not hooked up? Any other ideas?

Could this just be “the way it is”?
When i bought my 2019 es350 fsport the technology guy showing us how to work differnt features acyuallt told us the radio sucks . Its my wifes car and she doesnt spend a lot of time driving so she does'nt really care. But for a 50000 dollar car i think they can do better.

Reactions
I am currently looking to purchase the 2019 ES 350, but began hearing about the sound problem, have this been fixed? Do the 2020 ES 350 have the same problem with the sound? I have been a Lexus driver the last 20yrs, surprise and hate Lexus is having this problem. I hope it not time to move to another brand.

MAH

Reactions
We have a 2019 ES 350 with the sound coming mainly from the front windshield and no way to adjust it for "surround" sound. I read all the discussions on this other forums. I wrote to Lexus several times and took it into the dealer. There is no fix. For some inexplicable reason, they designed it this way. We had a 2015 ES 350 and LOVED the sound. The 2019 ES is a huge disappointment because we love listening to music in the car. We have a four year lease, but will not be getting another Lexus unless they modify this sound system. Some people don't care that the sound comes from the front. I get that. I find it extremely annoying and not a premium sound system.

Reactions
Hello all I’m new to the forum! I traded in my 07 IS for a 2020 ES with the “premium” 10 speaker system. Is the sound system the same as the 2019 version (the one with problems)? My old IS’s standard actually sounded better and more full, even in the back. any tips for treble/mid/low settings for the 2020? Thanks

Last edited:
Reactions
I am currently looking to purchase the 2019 ES 350, but began hearing about the sound problem, have this been fixed? Do the 2020 ES 350 have the same problem with the sound? I have been a Lexus driver the last 20yrs, surprise and hate Lexus is having this problem. I hope it not time to move to another brand.
I to have been driving the Lexus for 10+ years and just traded in a 2015 ES350 with a great sound system. I purchase the 2019 ES350 with the premium sound system (expecting the same) and found this car's audio sound system is awful, a big disappointment. The car has been excellent otherwise, but if you are buying this vehicle expecting a great sounding system, Do Not Buy This Vehicle! So far Lexus has turned their back on it's customers and has not provided any relief. They will only say it's performing as designed. The 2020 ES350 has the same problem. I will not buy again.

Last edited:
Reactions
Does anyone know if a class action lawsuit is in process regarding the audio system in the 2019 ES 350? I have been battling with Lexus to get the rear speakers working for over 7 months. Lexus installed a amplifier on the front speaker but that still is not resolving the fact that the rear door and window speakers do not work. In fact, Lexus has flat out refused to fix the problem deeming that it is not a safety issue stating the vehicle works as it is designed. I have driven the Lexus product for over 20 years and have never experienced such deplorable customer service. If there is not a class action, I believe it would be in everyone’s best interest to get one initiated.

Reactions
Does anyone know if a class action lawsuit is in process regarding the audio system in the 2019 ES 350? I have been battling with Lexus to get the rear speakers working for over 7 months. Lexus installed a amplifier on the front speaker but that still is not resolving the fact that the rear door and window speakers do not work. In fact, Lexus has flat out refused to fix the problem deeming that it is not a safety issue stating the vehicle works as it is designed. I have driven the Lexus product for over 20 years and have never experienced such deplorable customer service. If there is not a class action, I believe it would be in everyone’s best interest to get one initiated.

here is the link for the class action investigation. I signed up but never heard another word about it

Reactions
I just traded in my 2010 Acura TSX that had ELS audio system for a used 2018 Lexus ES 350. I understand that going from ELS to a basic sound system, there would be a compromise in sound quality but did not expect this bad! How can Lexus put such a mediocre sound system in a somewhat luxury car? Their Treble/Mid/Bass control I call it a distortion control - It has hardly any effect. The speakers are not worth $20 each. I know the class action is for 2019 ES 350 model - It should also include earlier models.

Reactions
There is a TSB just issued for the balance problem in the base system (and I'm being told, the Mark Levinson too.) This is the TSB pdf. Contact your dealer to see if you're covered. First person I heard getting it done is due to get the car back from Lexus this week (June 2020.)

Attachments

• L-SB-0020-20 (1).pdf
    332.3 KB · Views: 99
Reactions
There is a TSB just issued for the balance problem in the base system (and I'm being told, the Mark Levinson too.) This is the TSB pdf. Contact your dealer to see if you're covered. First person I heard getting it done is due to get the car back from Lexus this week (June 2020.)
My ES350 is 2018 model so probably not covered by this TSB plus my issue is with the poor quality of the audio not balance between front and the back for which this TSB is for.

Reactions
My ES350 is 2018 model so probably not covered by this TSB plus my issue is with the poor quality of the audio not balance between front and the back for which this TSB is for.
Lexus installed the amplifier in my ES350 in January. The only thing it did was amplify the sound coming from the front speakers. The rear and door speakers still do not work.

Reactions
FYI - Lexus installed the amplifier in my ES350 in January. The only thing it did was amplify the sound coming from the front speakers. The rear and door speakers still do not work.

MAH

Reactions
Wow. That is so disappointing. The sound from the windshield is already over-powering. Do you think they actually made the repair?

Lexus is trying to tell me that my vehicle is not covered by the TSB. The serial number is in fact covered, but the plant location is not!! That's BS for sure.

Reactions
Thank you for this information. I contacted my Lexus dealer and am taking my car in on Tuesday. I am hoping this will solve the problem. I'll let everyone know how it went.

Reactions
I have a 2019 Lexus ES350. I complained about this problem soon after getting the car. I was told that’s the way the system was designed and there is nothing the dealer can do about. I contacted Lexus Customer Service and they told me the same thing. I took the car to a high end car audio shop who installs custom systems in Porches and Mercedes. My intention was to install new speakers in the rear to correct the problem. The expert in the audio shop listened to the system in my Lexus ES350, played around with the controls a little and examined the speakers. He told me that changing the speakers would make no difference at all. The problem is in the radio itself. It’s not just a radio, it’s a central brain that controls many of the vehicles other functions. The radio and speakers are programmed by Lexus to perform a certain way and cannot be changed except by Lexus. They need to make a firmware fix, but for some reason, Lexus refuses to do this and correct the problem. And it’s not just the standard system that has the problems. It’s the Mark Levinson systems too. This will be my last Lexus. They seem indifferent to the problem.

Reactions
Shut off the rear speakers. Problem solved! The aftermarket community rarely uses rear speakers for sound quality.

MAH

Reactions
If you really think that is what people want, then Lexus should market its new "premium" sound system as "Three front speakers! No bass, no surround sound, no balancing features. Just sound from the front windshield!