Lexus ES Issues with 2019 Lexus ES 350 Stock Audio System

Reaction score
I have a 2019es350 Fsport and we couldn't hear a call coming in without turning up the radio to about 40 LOL. While on a call if you use the volume control on the left side of the steering wheel it will turn up the phone volume and not the radio. And it will retain it on following phone calls. The radio still sounds like crap but i can now receive a call and hear it .

Reaction score
By the way , the ES 350 F Sport is a great car with a terrible audio system, I love the car, but can’t hear rear speakers or anyone I’m calling, repetitive I know but very disappointed in Lexus
I have a 2019es350 Fsport and we couldn't hear a call coming in without turning up the radio to about 40 LOL. While on a call if you use the volume control on the left side of the steering wheel it will turn up the phone volume and not the radio. And it will retain it on following phone calls. The radio still sounds like crap but i can now receive a call and hear it .

Reaction score
Well, I took my 2019 300h in for its 10,000 mile maintenance and brought up the subject of the awful audio. The service manager agreed 100% that the sound was awful, said they've had a good number of complaints and even had Lexus reps in to check the sound on the cars on the lot only to be told working as designed. I also saw my sales person who also rolled his eyes when I mentioned the audio. He said he had a customer who bypassed the 2019 es because of the lousy audio only to back out of a 2020 es deal because Lexus hadn't fixed the audio problem.
According to my Lexus dealer, there is no current fix in the works for the 2019 es and the audio in the 2020 es sound the same as the 2019 es.
Sorry to be the bearer of bad news :(

Reaction score
I’ve been driving my new 2019 ES 350 for a few weeks, and can’t figure out how to improve the audio, which seems only to come from the front of the cabin, above the dashboard. There doesn’t seem to be any rear speaker. The fader bar in the controls, if moved to the rear, almost completely mutes the audio.

I just turned in a 2016 ES 350 and it definitely had a better balanced audio performance.

Maybe there’s a wire not hooked up? Any other ideas?

Could this just be “the way it is”?
When i bought my 2019 es350 fsport the technology guy showing us how to work differnt features acyuallt told us the radio sucks . Its my wifes car and she doesnt spend a lot of time driving so she does'nt really care. But for a 50000 dollar car i think they can do better.

Reaction score
I am currently looking to purchase the 2019 ES 350, but began hearing about the sound problem, have this been fixed? Do the 2020 ES 350 have the same problem with the sound? I have been a Lexus driver the last 20yrs, surprise and hate Lexus is having this problem. I hope it not time to move to another brand.

MAH

Reaction score
We have a 2019 ES 350 with the sound coming mainly from the front windshield and no way to adjust it for "surround" sound. I read all the discussions on this other forums. I wrote to Lexus several times and took it into the dealer. There is no fix. For some inexplicable reason, they designed it this way. We had a 2015 ES 350 and LOVED the sound. The 2019 ES is a huge disappointment because we love listening to music in the car. We have a four year lease, but will not be getting another Lexus unless they modify this sound system. Some people don't care that the sound comes from the front. I get that. I find it extremely annoying and not a premium sound system.

Reaction score
Hello all I’m new to the forum! I traded in my 07 IS for a 2020 ES with the “premium” 10 speaker system. Is the sound system the same as the 2019 version (the one with problems)? My old IS’s standard actually sounded better and more full, even in the back. any tips for treble/mid/low settings for the 2020? Thanks

Last edited:
Reaction score
I am currently looking to purchase the 2019 ES 350, but began hearing about the sound problem, have this been fixed? Do the 2020 ES 350 have the same problem with the sound? I have been a Lexus driver the last 20yrs, surprise and hate Lexus is having this problem. I hope it not time to move to another brand.
I to have been driving the Lexus for 10+ years and just traded in a 2015 ES350 with a great sound system. I purchase the 2019 ES350 with the premium sound system (expecting the same) and found this car's audio sound system is awful, a big disappointment. The car has been excellent otherwise, but if you are buying this vehicle expecting a great sounding system, Do Not Buy This Vehicle! So far Lexus has turned their back on it's customers and has not provided any relief. They will only say it's performing as designed. The 2020 ES350 has the same problem. I will not buy again.

Last edited: