Gecko

Administrator
Reactions
Lexus “Blue Vector” is Toyota’s Blue Flame (same paint code)… so if you’ve seen a Blue Flame Corolla or RAV4, you’ve already seen this color…

Just my .02, but I wish Lexus had done something different. Grecian Water is similar and at least exclusive to Lexus.

IMG_0536.jpeg

CRSKTN

Expert
Reactions
Blue Vector has the same paint code as Toyota’s Blue Flame… so if you’ve seen a Blue Flame Corolla or RAV4, you’ve already seen this color…

Just my .02, but I wish Lexus had done something different. Grecian Water is similar and at least exclusive to Lexus.

View attachment 8143
I am all for more bright colors on an IS but point made

Kennyth

Fan
Reactions
Looks like the F sport is back on the 2024 IS 300 for the US.

And they still can’t give the IS in the US power fold mirrors.

Last edited:

Gecko

Administrator
Reactions
Why not a green, yellow, or a copper color? It's time.

This.

A lot of people, myself included, were hoping for Nori Green. Copper Crest and Flare Yellow were pretty popular “hopes” among the IS community, in addition to Nori Green.

So far the 3.5 IS has had three blues: USB 2.0, Grecian Water and Blue Vector 😫

The reason I jumped on a ‘23 was seeing that Atomic Silver was going away, and knowing that a USB 2.0/white interior would be impossible to find.

Oh well. Y’all have 11 months left if you want one 👀

Reactions
This.

A lot of people, myself included, were hoping for Nori Green. Copper Crest and Flare Yellow were pretty popular “hopes” among the IS community, in addition to Nori Green.

So far the 3.5 IS has had three blues: USB 2.0, Grecian Water and Blue Vector 😫

The reason I jumped on a ‘23 was seeing that Atomic Silver was going away, and knowing that a USB 2.0/white interior would be impossible to find.

Oh well. Y’all have 11 months left if you want one 👀

So 2025 is the final model year isn't it? That makes sense. At that point it'd be here for 4 years.

Gor134

Admirer
Reactions
Grecian Waters is wonderful on the IS. Looks so good, yet on the NX it honestly sucks.. the grey plastic flares make the blue look cheap to me.

Same thing with Rav4, perhaps that blue will look significantly better on the IS.

YES to more greens and copper!

Gecko

Administrator
Reactions
This most recent refreshed IS arrived for the 2021 model year, so 2024 is the fourth production year for the car, but the eleventh model year for the XE30 platform. The model years with production changes ran as 2014-2016, 2017-2020, 2021-2024. As good as it looks, this car is old!

IS 500 arrived for 2022 MY, so 2024 marks the third and final year for that car.

I know with certainty that 2024 is the last production year for V8 IS and RC, so I assume that applies to the broader model lineups… although Toyota does some weird things and maybe they will run “300” and “350” models another year before the 4IS arrives? I doubt it, but I guess that’s possible.

Motor

Expert
Reactions

• IS 300 adds F SPORT and F SPORT Design Grades (RWD/AWD)
  • New Blackout Package for IS 350 F SPORT
  • Special Appearance Package available on IS 500 F SPORT Performance Premium

CRSKTN

Expert
Reactions
This most recent refreshed IS arrived for the 2021 model year, so 2024 is the fourth production year for the car, but the eleventh model year for the XE30 platform. The model years with production changes ran as 2014-2016, 2017-2020, 2021-2024. As good as it looks, this car is old!

IS 500 arrived for 2022 MY, so 2024 marks the third and final year for that car.

I know with certainty that 2024 is the last production year for V8 IS and RC, so I assume that applies to the broader model lineups… although Toyota does some weird things and maybe they will run “300” and “350” models another year before the 4IS arrives? I doubt it, but I guess that’s possible.

That thing was such a good purchase.

As soon as lexus says "no more V8s" watch what happens to the demand.

Gecko

Administrator
Reactions
That thing was such a good purchase.

As soon as lexus says "no more V8s" watch what happens to the demand.

That's how it went with GS Fs and IS Fs - prices went up when production ended so... we'll see! The only way I could see myself getting rid of the IS 500 is for an LC 500, but I'm pretty attached to it now 😁

OEM AT cooler installed this morning:IMG_0545.jpeg

Reactions
That's how it went with GS Fs and IS Fs - prices went up when production ended so... we'll see! The only way I could see myself getting rid of the IS 500 is for an LC 500, but I'm pretty attached to it now 😁
Gecko, How are you liking it after 2 months? Still in the honeymoon stage?