Faisal Sheikh

Admirer
Reactions
Thanks man!

I appreciate everyone's help and input here very much. I got a peek at the 2024 order guide and the combo I wanted will no longer be available for 2024, so it was a quick decision. Much quicker than I anticipated!
Cool.

If you ever get the modding bug, you can discuss with me as I have several. I also know a lot about mods I decided not to put on or were not my taste. (y)

Gor134

Admirer
Reactions
Congrats Gecko! Can't wait to see it! Should roadtrip it out here to the west coast 😉

Levi

Expert
Reactions
Why does the LC sound so different compared to IS 500, RC F and GS F? Can’t be the exhaust only, because no aftermarket replicates even the stock exhaust.

Faisal Sheikh

Admirer
Reactions
This for interior noise, and I have read that the LC 500 has fewer resonators than the IS 500, GS F or RC F do/did, so it's more aggressive. I can't vouch for that 100% but it would make sense to me.

Yes, it has a very raspy noise with crackles and is more noticeable in real life. That is usually due to lack of resonators. The valved system also makes it dual mode so it can be quiet or loud.

Faisal Sheikh

Admirer
Reactions
Borla is releasing a system that should be out in 3-4 months. This is probably the one I'll get. It sounds the most like the LC 500 and that's what I was hoping for

Not sure why this is tamer than the one they made for the RCF. It has been discontinued now for RCF, but this is how it used sound (some IS500 owners buy RCF exhausts and extend the midpipe by 2 inches and it is a straight fit), but this is the Borla exhaust they used to make for RCF back a few years ago. It is very loud.

Last edited:

mikeavelli

Reactions
Not sure why this is tamer than the one they made for the RCF. It has been discontinued now for RCF, but this is how it used sound (some IS500 owners buy RCF exhausts and extend the midpipe by 2 inches and it is a straight fit), but this is the Borla exhaust they used to make for RCF back a few years ago. It is very loud.

The old system was discontinued because it was no longer going to pass Cali’s new smog laws. The new one passes

Gecko

Administrator
Reactions
Thank you guys!

I love Atomic Silver and missed it from my ‘21 GX, and while I know a lot of IS 500 owners want to try to build their cars into an "IS F," the more relaxed/soft nature of the car is actually something I love about it. So to me, Atomic Silver suits the car very well even though it’s less “sporty” than USB 2.0 or Infrared.

And the black interior pairs well with it, especially with the silver stitching. More pics to come once it’s clean!