Introducing the Lexus LF-FC Flagship Concept

CIF

Premium Member
Reactions
Insanely gorgeous!! The overall proportions and many of the details look a bit like a modernized interpretation of art deco. I do hope the production version stays as true as possible to the concept. My one concern in that regard is if the bonnet/hood line is too low to make room for the expected V8 and V8 hybrid power plants. Maybe it looks lower than it actually is?

Well seeing as this is a concept, we don't know how close a production vehicle would follow this hoodline. With that said, all future Lexus models and full redesigns after the new RX and GS F are supposed to be on the TNGA platform, which allows for lower engine placement, and lower hoodlines, among many other things :).

CIF

Premium Member
Reactions
I just wanted to add this image once again, as I think it's beautiful, and it showed what was to come about 2 years ago. View attachment 948 View attachment 949

It's looking very likely that prototype was possibly just a mechanical mule/early prototype for a production LS. I don't think that was a production body under that camo, likely a prototype or experimental body purely for testing.

Reactions
This is absolutely gorgeous. Except for the taillights. If they keep the top half of it it looks pretty good but having taillights extend to the bottom should be left for Concept only. I'm really curious to see what will make it to production. Will the face detecting key be standard? Same would go with the other tech shown, like the hologram type controller? Excited can't wait to see what else the new LS has in store.

IS-SV

Premium Member
Reactions
Loving that roofline, plenty of fastback styling without looking like a hatchback, a very coupe-like profile. Still very Lexus-like, just modernized...

CIF

Premium Member
Reactions
966909.jpg

Andyl

Founding Member
Reactions
Krew, thanks for the info for the Lexus brand area in the Tokyo Motor show. I particularly like the video which shows the brand. Normally, the goods are there to show what they look like. To buy them, you have to go to Lexus Gallery or Intersect by Lexus.

Look forward to seeing this in person in the next week in Tokyo.

abraxas

Fan
Reactions
The front looks stupid and pretentious, exaggerated, as in "attempting to impress by affecting greater importance, talent, culture, etc., than is actually possessed."

FAIL

Last edited:

mikeavelli

Reactions
The front looks stupid and pretentious, exaggerated, as in "attempting to impress by affecting greater importance, talent, culture, etc., than is actually possessed."

FAIL

The crazy thing is, Lexus can live with that. Finally their design language evoke true emotional response, good or bad!

RAL

Reactions
In time ... that which is polarizing becomes the new normal. Innovators gravitate toward it immediately. But over time it slowly grows on the rest of us too ;)

IS-SV

Premium Member
Reactions
...and so goes the Edsel.

Except the Edsel never sold in volume, no surprise. Therefore it was not successful for the manufacturer.

A car such as this Lexus concept shown can easily outsell the Edsel and do so profitably too. No surprise, it looks better than Edsel too. Sure it's not bland/generic-looking like a Genesis sedan, but neither is the very successful class-leading Benz S-class.

Carmaker1

Admirer
Reactions
Although I'm 2 weeks too late, I must say that the size of it is gob-smacking up close. Lexus must be again, shooting for something that competes with a Maybach product for a lower price (well, Mercedes-Maybach). The XF40 LS was the first in this class to offer a rear ottoman, which everyone else has essentially adopted.

Like LF-Sh and LF-NX, this is basically the LS. Anyone that says otherwise, they have a stalling agenda (I'm looking at you Mark Templino_O).

I should be worried, as I keep at work with my team in Coventry on a similar project. ;)