Introducing the Lexus LF-FC Flagship Concept

Joe

Premium Member
Reactions
This is really what a Lexus flagship should be: absolutely stunning! Both exterior and interior.:cool:
Together with LF-CC and LF-LC, this is one of the best designs Lexus has ever made. I am very happy they didn't put too many contrasting lines in the sides (which is a bit overkill on NX and RX sometimes).
Only the rear seams a bit 'heavy' from certain angles...

Black Dynamite

Follower
Reactions
Great video here by Lexus showing off the design, and new features like "Remote Parking", "Automated Drive" and advancements in vehicle-to-vehicle communications. Now that's Dynamite!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m_U_IVxy34k
BD

Chase C.

Fan
Reactions
I knew I had a good feeling about the 4 door coupe look... C pillar looks so much like the mule spotted a while back which I posted earlier in the comments. Looks great, but tail lights look a little too Toyota-esque.

mikeavelli

Reactions
It looks majestic, the First word that popped in my head after seeing it. It looks like a proper flagship and the detailing looks great.

With the production LC coming soon it will give us a taste of how close to a production car this can be.

Super excited it's a fuel cell!

krew

Site Founder
Administrator
Reactions
krew
15-10-28-lexus-lf-fc-videos-400x200.jpg

There are two official videos for the new Lexus LF-FC flagship concept, starting with the highly stylized music video used to introduce the vehicle at the Tokyo Motor Show.
View the original article post

Gecko

Administrator
Reactions
I wish this car had a more production-ready interior, as that's what I'm most eager to see with regard to the next LS.

With that said, I absolutely love this concept. It's L-Finesse in the most mature and refined form we've seen: the design is aggressive and elegant, but also rather delicate in detailing, with classic proportions. The NX, RX and RC have all been so chisled and sharp... I wasn't sure how those cues would transfer over to a flagship luxury vehicle. It's a little more toned down, but for this application, it has to be.

The wide-set front fenders/shoulders nicely frame the front end of the car and provide a lot of depth to the side flanks. I can also easily see the proportions of an LS F shining through, with large, wide wheels pushed as far out to the corners as possible.

The side profile is all-together quite simple, but set off nicely by subtle details - the way that the chrome trim twists as it moves upward from the shoulder line into the C-Pillar, the inward "tuck" that happens after the rear door crease heading into the back wheel well, and the character line that extends from the front bumper to the back. These are very "LS" cues - just grown up, re-imagined and newly implemented.

The rear end isn't particularly exciting to me - I can see some potential if it was slimmed down and simplified, but as it stands now, it's a little overwhelming. I see similar "afterburner" detailing like what was inside of the LF-LC's tails. The chrome overlay is similar to what is on the NX tail light, and what we also saw on the LF-LC.

Some of my favorite screengrabs from the video that show more detailing than most of the press pics:LF-FC.png LF-FC2.png LF-FC3.png LF-FC4.png

Reactions
I have had my reservations about this debut for some time. The current outgoing LS is dull, as I feel it doesn't really give the head turning impressions a flagship should and I really did NOT want the LS to adopt a fastback rear end. Lexus had to get this right, and THANK GOODNESS THEY DID! THIS THING LOOKS AMAZING! LOOK AT THE BACK SEATS! THIS IS HOW A FLAGSHIP SHOULD LOOK!!

99% of this will make it to production, right?!? The wheels already scream L-finesse. Slap side views on the doors? That's roughly the 1%, RIGHT?!

RAL

Reactions
Many thanks Gecko! I appreciate how you have wrapped the package and tied the bow around everything we've seen and read since the reveal ...

I think this car is going to be the amalgamation of state of the art design, luxury, and performance while setting a new hallmark for cutting edge technology ...

Black Dynamite

Follower
Reactions
I have had my reservations about this debut for some time. The current outgoing LS is dull, as I feel it doesn't really give the head turning impressions a flagship should and I really did NOT want the LS to adopt a fastback rear end. Lexus had to get this right, and THANK GOODNESS THEY DID! THIS THING LOOKS AMAZING! LOOK AT THE BACK SEATS! THIS IS HOW A FLAGSHIP SHOULD LOOK!!

99% of this will make it to production, right?!? The wheels already scream L-finesse. Slap side views on the doors? That's roughly the 1%, RIGHT?!
The wheels, interior design, and the read end I KNOW aren't making the cut. They will change quite a bit. I'll take the rest. I'm good!
BD

Wicus Kriel

Premium Member
Reactions
The grille embodies a mental state of design that explains how same has cascaded into every aspect of the complete product.

Reactions
Thank you Mr. Akio Toyoda for waking Lexus designers up to be bold and brave - the cars are finally starting to look like world beaters, combine that with high tech like hybrid/hydrogen, legendary reliability and dealer service and you are on to a winner.

Reactions
So, substantially longer than the LX (LX 199.4 inches vs. this car 208.6 inches) and almost as wide (LX 78 inches versus this car 78.7 inches (LX without mirrors, this car ?) ) as the LX.

So when and how will the hydrogen fueling stations be deployed? Given the engineering, I think this concept is "all in" for hydrogen and fuel cell, there won't be an alternative gasoline engine model, correct?

James

Founding Member
Reactions
So, substantially longer than the LX (LX 199.4 inches vs. this car 208.6 inches) and almost as wide (LX 78 inches versus this car 78.7 inches (LX without mirrors, this car ?) ) as the LX.

So when and how will the hydrogen fueling stations be deployed? Given the engineering, I think this concept is "all in" for hydrogen and fuel cell, there won't be an alternative gasoline engine model, correct?
Id be very surprised if there was not a gasoline version otherwise they couldn't sell in the US for a few years and the current LS would be very old then...