5th Generation Toyota RAV4 Master Thread

Levi

Expert
Reactions
I wonder what the next gen RAV4 will be. Given its sales success I think it will be fully redesigned, not like the Camry. With the new 2 litre turbo it might even get a GR version and same real TRD package.

NomadDan

Follower
Reactions
I wonder what the next gen RAV4 will be. Given its sales success I think it will be fully redesigned, not like the Camry. With the new 2 litre turbo it might even get a GR version and same real TRD package.

2024 is already the 7th year or production for this generation, which is one year longer than the last generation. I would kinda expect something new for 2025, but it seems like we would’ve heard something by now.

How far along is development of the new 1.5 and 2.0 engines? I was under the impression those are still a few years out.

qtb007

Follower
Reactions
2024 is already the 7th year or production for this generation, which is one year longer than the last generation. I would kinda expect something new for 2025, but it seems like we would’ve heard something by now.

How far along is development of the new 1.5 and 2.0 engines? I was under the impression those are still a few years out.
We'd have seen something by now if they were coming as MY25. IMO, the Rav4 will lag the Camry by a year like it did in MY19. Figure the Highlander and the Sienna will be MY27.

Flagship1

Follower
Reactions
I doubt it will given as much as a makeover as the transition to TGNA. Toyotas mantra is usually refining the platform with a mix of old and new powertrain depending how far the EOL the current suite of engines lie, new trim levels, and interior layout. The rav4s sell themselves, the less work required on toyotas ends, the better it is for the shareholders.

ssun30

Expert
Reactions

The 2.0 turbo engine was finished already. BestCar reported that the engine was ready before they could find a product to put it in, because of the plan to make the Celica a BEV. But plans have changed.

I think most of TMC products in the next 3-4 years will be major facelifts like the Camry, because right now it's unclear when the new emissions and safety regulations are put in place.

Motor

Expert
Reactions
  • Ground-breaking compact SUV invented the segment and continues to anticipate the changing demands of modern life three decades later
  • From compact and agile trend setter to class-leading practicality and comfort across four generations
  • Always standing out from the crowd with a bold, eye-catching appearance
  • A winner among customers around the world, with over 14 million global sales since 1994

CIF

Premium Member
Reactions
So this has become one of Toyota's most important global products alongside the Corolla and yet we haven't heard of a single concrete thing about the next generation? I have heard some whispers and rumors but nothing more.

Expectations for the next generation are high because the Rav4 is competing in an extremely competitive segment right now, and also because the current generation has a number of flaws and weaknesses that need to be fixed and addressed without introducing a variety of new problems. I pray that Toyota delivers; Toyota cannot afford to disappoint with the next generation Rav4.

Flagship1

Follower
Reactions
So this has become one of Toyota's most important global products alongside the Corolla and yet we haven't heard of a single concrete thing about the next generation? I have heard some whispers and rumors but nothing more.

Expectations for the next generation are high because the Rav4 is competing in an extremely competitive segment right now, and also because the current generation has a number of flaws and weaknesses that need to be fixed and addressed without introducing a variety of new problems. I pray that Toyota delivers; Toyota cannot afford to disappoint with the next generation Rav4.
I expect it to be as revolutionary as the new camry. The competition is getting stronger, but have really yet to make dent on the sales numbers. Not the best motto, as thats what the big three did back in the 70s and well we all know how that went.

Sulu

Expert
Reactions

That's nothing new. Toyota has always been very secretive. I expect the introduction of the next generation of the RAV4 to mirror that of the Camry last year: unveiling in October or November (this year?) -- with strategic leaks beforehand -- prior to a formal introduction at the LA Autoshow, followed by hands-on reviews and drives next spring.

larryren

Follower
Reactions
I think.....XA60 will introduce late this year... Perhaps we can see it at LA autoshow or Guangzhou autoshow?😉
A friend work at factory assembly tell me a rumor, Wildlander will coming next gen soon.

Levi

Expert
Reactions

Good read.. Basically the RAV-4 is close to 500k sales this year. The best year of the Camry was about 478k sales. Don’t expect a revolution with the next gen as they don’t want to mess with success. The hybrid and prime are key players considering the premium for them.
The success of current RAV4 and Camry is because they are very different compared to previous generations, Toyota took risks by making the different and it paid. If they get boring again by staying the same, sales will shrink. They are no 911.

Flagship1

Follower
Reactions
I think.....XA60 will introduce late this year... Perhaps we can see it at LA autoshow or Guangzhou autoshow?😉
A friend work at factory assembly tell me a rumor, Wildlander will coming next gen soon.
sir if thats their new trim level or replacement for the rav4 marque the cringe is level to infinity and beyond

larryren

Follower
Reactions
sir if thats their new trim level or replacement for the rav4 marque the cringe is level to infinity and beyond
It just a China only RAV4 sibling model for GAC-Toyota..... It isn't a trim level or replacement. I apologise for any misunderstanding.