5th Generation RX Discussion: Official Thread (RX 500h, 450h+, 350h and More)

LS500-18

Follower
Reactions
BMW announced to continue working on ICEVs and I6 and V8 and Diesel. They see 50/50 sales of ICEV/BEV in 2030. They will own the ICEV high-end market.
This is good, as it's realistic. It's nice to have choice even if electric is very likely the future. I'm a big I-6 fan as they are more torquey and smooth compared to V6's and sometimes even V8's.

Levi

Expert
Reactions
just put about 1200 miles on the RX after driving to Sebring. I’m not supposed to like this thing as much as I do. I don’t like that I like it 🤣🤣🤣 500h is so far ahead any other RX made they should have called it the GS. Cause that’s what it reminds me of.
Wouldn't rather a hypothetical ES 500h be that GS, more so than the RX?

The true GS is the not yet released Crown sedan.

mikeavelli

Reactions
NOTHING will ever replace the GS.

But happy you enjoyed it. We still need six-cylinder options though. I don't see Lexus becoming a fully EV company for some time, so bring us a good six-cylinder that can compete with the BMW B58.

I would be fine with this with a B58 hybrid…

This feels like a GS F Sport.. sounds crazy but both.

0-60 in mid to high 5s
Drove smaller and lighter than they are
have great brakes
have standard/optional rear steer
punched above their weight…

mikeavelli

Reactions
Wouldn't rather a hypothetical ES 500h be that GS, more so than the RX?

The true GS is the not yet released Crown sedan.

I can only try to explain what someone else might have driven to try to explain how the Rx 500h drives, thus the GS comparison…

No idea what any future ES would drive like but I hope it’s similar..

Mind you, I’m going to drive and push this thing 99% of owners won’t do. a shame with this 500h. it’s really good

(typing from
phone)

Reactions
I would be fine with this with a B58 hybrid…

This feels like a GS F Sport.. sounds crazy but both.

0-60 in mid to high 5s
Drove smaller and lighter than they are
have great brakes
have standard/optional rear steer
punched above their weight…

Nothing could ever replicate the GS and I haven't driven the new RX.

Every single other journalist appreciates how much better of an RX it has become, but it is nowhere near as good as the Germans, which the GS did better than.

ssun30

Expert
Reactions
The RX500h's steering feel is on par with the GS but definitely not on the power delivery side. You will not mistake it for any AWD vehicle and it lets you know it's a very heavily front-biased car with a little of hybrid assist in the rear.

mikeavelli

Reactions
GS 350 F sport and this has similar power delivery. GS was lighter but this has 60 more hp and like 100bs more torque.

Look we owned the GS F sport, i’ve tracked it, it’s my top 5 Lexus product. I’m not taking anything away from it. What I am saying is shockingly the RX 500h reminds me of it. The IS 350 does not remind me of the GS. This does. There is a playfulness that’s hard to explain that it has.

Mind you a 500h in my wife’s hands would be a waste. If you are not going to exploit its pluses maybe stick to a 450h+ or 350.

Reactions
GS 350 F sport and this has similar power delivery. GS was lighter but this has 60 more hp and like 100bs more torque.

Look we owned the GS F sport, i’ve tracked it, it’s my top 5 Lexus product. I’m not taking anything away from it. What I am saying is shockingly the RX 500h reminds me of it. The IS 350 does not remind me of the GS. This does. There is a playfulness that’s hard to explain that it has.

Mind you a 500h in my wife’s hands would be a waste. If you are not going to exploit its pluses maybe stick to a 450h+ or 350.

Use your godlike powers to convince Lexus to bring back the GS.

Please.

<3

Reactions
Has anyone in Toronto, Canada taken delivery of a 350h or still waiting for one? I put down a deposit in June '22 (350h, Ultra Luxury, Nightfall Mica/Palomino) but still waiting.....dealer says they don't have any updates and that the delay might be due to the exterior/interior combo ordered but wondering what others are experiencing? It's been a while and I'm considering alternate options....

Sulu

Admirer
Reactions
Has anyone in Toronto, Canada taken delivery of a 350h or still waiting for one? I put down a deposit in June '22 (350h, Ultra Luxury, Nightfall Mica/Palomino) but still waiting.....dealer says they don't have any updates and that the delay might be due to the exterior/interior combo ordered but wondering what others are experiencing? It's been a while and I'm considering alternate options....
Not the RX but the Prius Prime. My wife put a deposit down on a Prius Prime last May and she was told that the wait would be 8 to 12 months. That was long before we knew that there would be a totally new Prius for 2023.

Still no word from the dealer, and at this point, with initial Prius Prime allocations going to Quebec and British Columbia (the 2 provinces with provincial EV incentives in addition to the federal incentive), I don't know how much longer she will have to wait.

mikeavelli

Reactions
I finally got her to the north GA mountains where I drove a RX like it’s never been driven before 🤣🤣. It’s still shocking how capable the RX 500h is. I wouldn’t take a 350 or 450 here unless it’s to drive slow. The 500h is a different RX.

I do wish it had more than 6 speeds. I still don’t understand that choice. Also sitting in a crossover will never feel like a low coupe I don’t care how capable. Brakes are fantastic. So is Direct 4. Body roll is solid. Had a damn blast.

Unfortunately at the speeds and fun I was having the all season bridgestones did not like me. Definitely need the Michelin Pilot Soort 4S SuV tires… makes a world of difference.

I know most won’t drive it he RX 500h hard but if you can, do it. It will shock you. IMG_2237.jpeg