5th Generation RX Discussion: Official Thread (RX 500h, 450h+, 350h and More)

CRSKTN

Expert
Reactions

LateToLexus

Follower
Reactions
Her name is RiRi… wife already asked “why you name it that” 🤣🤣🤣
Wheels gonna be a challenge with this color….
View attachment 6809

Rims look a bit busy for my taste but overall pretty good for Lexus OEM. That dude with the Range Rover is either wondering why you're taking a picture of a Lexus or if you can give him a ride as his RR is broke down.

Sloped bent nose is kinda growing on me but still wondering if a mild rhinoplasty wouldn't help with aesthetics. Also still think horizontal hood crease across the bent nose is unnecessary and could have been incorporated at the sharper crease just above Lexus emblem so would be virtually invisible.

RAL

Reactions
Notice the guy standing behind his Range Rover giving RiRi the look ...

NVlaar

Follower
Reactions
Maybe I'm in the minority, but of all the Youtube car reviewers and pairings (and there is hundreds if not thousands), these guys are in my top 25%. Savagegeese is my man and I think he addresses more practical issues with various vehicles far better and more transparently than most.
Agreed. bottom 2 would be redline and the clowns from TFL.

mikeavelli

Reactions
just put about 1200 miles on the RX after driving to Sebring. I’m not supposed to like this thing as much as I do. I don’t like that I like it 🤣🤣🤣 500h is so far ahead any other RX made they should have called it the GS. Cause that’s what it reminds me of.

Every single Lexus should have a direct-4 option where it can work. It is absolutely fantastic. A breathtaking use of technology.

More than enough room, features, space.

Acceleration is solid but I want it faster. Need this to be in the mid 4s.

All season bridgestones are good but can’t match the pilot sports at speed

The nose grew on me or I just no longer give a ****. Probably a bit of both.

Copper Crest got so many compliments its crazy.

I do miss a physical sport and sport plus knob. Just feels cool. You have to go into the Lexus interface to change it or you can program the haptic buttons on the steering wheel.

MPG is okay but not amaizng. Makes me really appreciate the V-8 in the LC where I can get a legit 28-32mpg highway

Which gets to the 6 speed. Still not sure why they chose this Everything else is 8/9/10 speeds. I will say it shifts fast with a nice feel and immediate.

Brakes are superb.

Oh i did track her 3 laps at Sebring full blast. Direct-4 again is amazing but the tires stunk there

Overall I just love the damn thing way more than I expected CAC87170-2B8C-4711-BA96-325513ED250A.jpegE8C0D837-5302-408B-995F-985B0AA445C1.jpeg

Reactions
500h is so far ahead any other RX made they should have called it the GS. Cause that’s what it reminds me of.
NOTHING will ever replace the GS.

But happy you enjoyed it. We still need six-cylinder options though. I don't see Lexus becoming a fully EV company for some time, so bring us a good six-cylinder that can compete with the BMW B58.

Levi

Expert
Reactions
NOTHING will ever replace the GS.

But happy you enjoyed it. We still need six-cylinder options though. I don't see Lexus becoming a fully EV company for some time, so bring us a good six-cylinder that can compete with the BMW B58.
BMW announced to continue working on ICEVs and I6 and V8 and Diesel. They see 50/50 sales of ICEV/BEV in 2030. They will own the ICEV high-end market.

JustADude

Follower
Reactions
If Lexus can bring a smaller ~2.7L V6 turbo that would be great honestly. Would be out in all their bof midsized suvs, and pretty much every Lexus. Run it on the Atkinson cycle with the Direct 4 it’ll make more power yet probably get better mpg