5th Generation RX Discussion: Official Thread (RX 500h, 450h+, 350h and More)

qtb007

Follower
Reactions
^^ It's not a "small" gain in NVH but a very noticeable one according to the reviews. That's why I'm curious about real experiences with the GS8 vs. Highlander.
Small NVH and performance improvement is in context of the price increase. It's small enough that it is unlikely worth the cost premium on a vehicle like the Highlander.

The T24 is most certainly more expensive than the outgoing 2GR. The 2GR is more expensive than the A25. Toyota charges $1500 more for the A25+P810+battery than the 2GR+8AT... which tells me that the cost is in the HV components. So combining the costly S20 (nearly identical to the T24) and the costly P810+battery means a considerable cost up over the A25+P810. I just don't see Highlander customers lining up for an even more expensive drivetrain when it has very marginal benefits on paper. Lexus buyers? Sure, that makes sense.

ssun30

Expert
Reactions
Ahh the infamous Chang An Uni-T and Uni-K. Almost every word on their catalogue is false advertising.

L3 autonomous driving, AR-HUD navigation, 4-screen infotainment system, a "40% efficiency" 2.0T engine, "Aisin 8AT", all in a 4.9m SUV for less than $30k? Lol.

NXracer

Admirer
Reactions
Is there a reason almost all of the first looks of the RXes are all going towards SHOUTING how AMAZING the Lexus RX BASE trim level is besides merit?

Are they expecting parts shortages on the higher trim levels, have to play how strong and luxurious a 4 cylinder replacing a v6 is?

dylanfoos

Follower
Reactions
Is there a reason almost all of the first looks of the RXes are all going towards SHOUTING how AMAZING the Lexus RX BASE trim level is besides merit?

Are they expecting parts shortages on the higher trim levels, have to play how strong and luxurious a 4 cylinder replacing a v6 is?
Hmmm, shortages are still here but are only going to get better from here on out. Kirk Kreifels had a vid that explains this a little more in depth. I feel like they are trying to adhere to the power of the 4 cylinder since it is a massive change vs the v6.

mediumhot

Follower
Reactions
That powder color is a new trend. I just saw CLS in similar color, it was more like semigloss and it had less red in it's powder color compared to RX copper crest. Overall expect a lot more cars with similar hue to roll out soon.

ssun30

Expert
Reactions

I think they want to show they are not cutting back on base equipment like their German counterparts do, like BMWs without touchscreen.