5th Generation RX Discussion: Official Thread (RX 500h, 450h+, 350h and More)

NXracer

Admirer
Reactions
View attachment 5852
I still remember this image of what was speculated to be the next-gen RX from the EV press event. Seems like most of the key details were on point (at least compared to the other renders we saw).
Lexus is probs tired of the rampant clickbait YT videos and aggregator websites acting as car media funneling japanese car media magazine articles as proof of what they are doing next so decided to control the news cycle with a preview of all their future products.

/s
Truth be told Lexus PR doesnt really have a good grasp of the media news cycle unlike other mfgs. The LFA media plan rollout was great, but different price point. Their EV day was HUGE, and yet that ran I'd say week before everyone basically forgot about it. I think the NX leak ran longer then that.

Last edited:

Levi

Expert
Reactions
I didnt realize it as much before your photo, but there is no frame on the grill anymore... mesh integrates right into the body (stylistically). Interesting touch... not sure if I like that or not 🤣
I like it. No more "chrome delete" mod needed anymore.

Gor134

Admirer
Reactions
The RX500h is easily the most important Lexus product reveal since 2015.
Oh yeah it is. And Lexus is being smart with taking the old design and cleaning it up and making it sportier. It'll still look like an RX so existing customers will love it, and it'll look sportier and youthful, bringing in more customers.

Gecko

Administrator
Reactions
Not so sure about the bar at the top of the grill in that full frontal render. It looks a little Honda-ey to me there, but I will wait for more pictures and info.

sl0519

Follower
Reactions
My pure speculation on the RX500h:

front 2.4T: 275 hp
rear motor: 107 hp (from bz4x)
combined: around 380 hp??