5th Generation RX Discussion: Official Thread (RX 500h, 450h+, 350h and More)

Sebass

Follower
Reactions

From 9:07, playback speed 0.25, we can see the frontend of the new RX
So looks like the next gen RX will have a spindle grille that's semi body colored on the edges, and then transitions into grey/black bits. I hope it looks good when we see the whole thing.

NXracer

Admirer
Reactions
The RX will have the NX interior but with a more materials on the dash..color me SURPRISED PIKACHU!

Gecko

Administrator
Reactions
The way the hood and fenders meet the grille, and the way the design transitions from the body colored sections into the grill material are similar to the LF-1:

maxresdefault.jpg

sl0519

Follower
Reactions
Its nice to adopt the design elements into other models, but I assume everyone just wanted the LF-1.

or they previewed the future RX and no one knew lol

RX will always be an RX, doesn't matter how striking it looks, the underbody is essentially a luxed-up RAV4 / highlander. It will never be the LF-1 which is suppose to be an SUV version of the LS / LC.

sl0519

Follower
Reactions
View attachment 5852
I still remember this image of what was speculated to be the next-gen RX from the EV press event. Seems like most of the key details were on point (at least compared to the other renders we saw).

Yes, key details are pretty much in line with this image, except this one is presented with normal front fascia while the teaser that was shown to us is most likely the F-sport version (notice mesh pattern). Also, most Japanese medias were reporting:
- Direct4 on RX500h
- First ever Lexus to be equipped with AR HUD

Gor134

Admirer
Reactions
Gonna look really good. Even if it has a longer overhang.. I think the sportier and slightly more upright styling will still make it look great. And I'm so glad they're getting rid of that awful fake window extension of the a-pillar.. feels like such a FWD-economy car styling touch on the current-gen RX.

JustADude

Follower
Reactions
RX500H is exciting! I'll guess around 325hp and 420lb-ft which would make it super fast and quiet. Would make a great powertrain for a NX500H FSP.