5th Generation (2018+) Lexus LS 500 & LS 500h Megathread

LS500-18

Follower
Reactions
Brah, who would spend that kind of money for that much shiny black plastic and 3 out of 4 buttons are blank beside the steering wheel. The screen does look "tacky" as in tacked on. That's what happens when you try to fix your mistakes mid-cycle.

Levi

Expert
Reactions
Brah, who would spend that kind of money for that much shiny black plastic and 3 out of 4 buttons are blank beside the steering wheel. The screen does look "tacky" as in tacked on. That's what happens when you try to fix your mistakes mid-cycle.
Top mounted touchscreens will always look bad, no way around that.

Last edited:

mikeavelli

Reactions
The original dash was meant for remote touch. Obviously not getting an entire new dash for Lexus interface. Most brands just slap screens inside today with two screens. At least the LS has a separate drivers housing.

i think we all can agree the original dash was as beautiful as anything.

Gor134

Admirer
Reactions
1671560748744.png
1671560824057.png

Audi redesigned the entire dashboard for the Q7 facelift transitioning from the touchpad infotainment system to touchscreen. The Q7 is obviously a much higher volume seller so they can afford a major change like this on a facelift, but I still think it's fair to expect something better from Lexus on the execution end, especially since it's the flagship car for the brand.

Sulu

Admirer
Reactions
Once this new touchscreen interface was first introduced on the Lexus NX last year, it has been rushed to be installed across the lineup (other than those models facing imminent full model change).

If the introduction of the new touchscreen interface had not been rushed, but waited for the next, pre-planned model change (full or mid-term facelift), we could probably have expected better integration of the display, but with the rushed introduction, there was no time to change the surrounding structure to cleanly integrate the display.

Ian Schmidt

Reactions
The popped-out screen predates Lexus Interface being introduced. My 2021 has it and both touchscreen and Remote Touch with the old software. It's absolutely not as elegant as the 2018, but you can see a lot worse a lot of places.

momers

Fan
Reactions
The original dash was meant for remote touch. Obviously not getting an entire new dash for Lexus interface. Most brands just slap screens inside today with two screens. At least the LS has a separate drivers housing.

i think we all can agree the original dash was as beautiful as anything.
Yes agreed, the original dash was meant for that interior and midcycle refreshes always mess things up.

Gor134

Admirer
Reactions
I think I read earlier (was it Mag-X?) that they are delaying Interface introduction to LC because they want to do a proper integration without destroying that gorgeous interior. Let's hope it turns out to be true.
Why are they waiting for so long to start to do this update... LC's got another.. what, 2 years on the market?

Reactions
Is there any truth to this?

Relatively outdated from what I know. Things have been pushed back a lot.

I'm just surprised that the LS and LC are getting a "refresh" in 2025. They're going to be 8 and 9 years old respectively. So with that I think this is pretty inaccurate.

sl0519

Follower
Reactions
For next LS they have two routes to decide:

- Going toe to toe with S / 7 with luxury and tech being the main focus and sort out space issue. Need more competitive powertrain options.

- Create a direct competitor to the Panamera with emphasis of sportiness (LC-like 4-door). Make use of TTV6 hybrid and detune TTV8 / TTV8 PHEV to compete with GTS / Turbo. Naming can be close to the LS but has to differentiate a bit (LS gran coupe / LS GT?).

The current in between style (look at XJ) is neither doing them any favor in sales nor raising brand awareness.

Will1991

Reactions
IMO with a future ES500h coming, big luxury sedans selling so badly and SUV’s keeping the market pressure it most probably will turn into something similar to the LF-1 with the 550h+ powertrain from the almost-here TX.

It’s not easy to go against the S-Class…

Berto3818

Follower
Reactions
Does anything think its going to take elements from the LS-FC concept. i think Gecko posted a pic a while back on what it could look like