4th Generation Toyota Highlander (and Grand Highlander) Thread

NVlaar

Follower
Reactions
At the final thoughts section, Mark said "this is the last video of Toyota/Lexus vehicles before Grand Highlander comes". Considering that they review Toyota/Lexus very frequently like at 2 or 3 a month, are we having media access/reviews on GH as soon as it is introduced?

Levi

Expert
Reactions
That is exactly what it is, 2nd row moved forward to adult unusable.

If not, in case Americans do not know, in Europe there is a type of vehicle that better meets their needs, than any of their CUVs/SUVs/truck, and that is vans.

2019-mercedes-v-class-facelift-front-three-quarter-16c6.jpg

They also come with AWD.

LateToLexus

Follower
Reactions

If not, in case Americans do not know, in Europe there is a type of vehicle that better meets their needs, than any of their CUVs/SUVs/truck, and that is vans.

They also come with AWD.

Front seats in Sienna quite uncomfortable. Wind/road noise is more than a nuisance. Everything in the Sienna is focused on the back two rows, very little front seat passenger comfort/space imho.

I'm more than willing to give up a small bit of rear function for improved driver/front passenger ergonomics and hence why somewhat hopeful that GH or TX will be solution (though doubtful will be large enough interior wise).

Kelvin2020

Follower
Reactions

They also come with AWD.
Same as the LM
357AA56B-3F02-40BE-A2E2-30F2B1635A61.jpeg

ssun30

Expert
Reactions
All this extra hassle because Americans refuse to buy minivans. They would spend twice the money just to avoid buying a minivan.

Having to transport 5-6 people in a 3 ton vehicle and driving pickup trucks to get grocery are the most irrational consumer behaviors I've ever seen. I'm not even talking about environment impact but the financial impact to owners themselves.

ssun30

Expert
Reactions

Ou

They also come with AWD.
Cousin owned one. Seats 6 people very comfortably. Individual captain's chairs with reclining and footrest. Carries 12 suitcases. Powered by a 255hp 2.0T I4 but still enough power because vans are also lightweight.

Motorsnwheels

Follower
Reactions
All this extra hassle because Americans refuse to buy minivans. They would spend twice the money just to avoid buying a minivan.

Having to transport 5-6 people in a 3 ton vehicle and driving pickup trucks to get grocery are the most irrational consumer behaviors I've ever seen. I'm not even talking about environment impact but the financial impact to owners themselves.
I couldn’t agree more! I am so frustrated and saddened by the fact that sedans are dead in the U.S. As a kid, my family of 4 comfortably sat in a 4 door midsize sedan on cross country trips, with luggage and a cooler full of lunches, snacks and drinks in the trunk. It’s do-able. I’m not sure why we have to all have big suvs or trucks.

nt01

Fan
Reactions
Cousin owned one. Seats 6 people very comfortably. Individual captain's chairs with reclining and footrest. Carries 12 suitcases. Powered by a 255hp 2.0T I4 but still enough power because vans are also lightweight.
My parents was looking for a new vehicle in Hong Kong around late 2020, it was between V260 or Alphard. Ultimately they went with V260 because the waiting list for an Alphard was 12+ months, V260 was available for immediate delivery.

LateToLexus

Follower
Reactions
I couldn’t agree more! I am so frustrated and saddened by the fact that sedans are dead in the U.S. As a kid, my family of 4 comfortably sat in a 4 door midsize sedan on cross country trips, with luggage and a cooler full of lunches, snacks and drinks in the trunk. It’s do-able. I’m not sure why we have to all have big suvs or trucks.

Doable....Sure. Better options....Many.

qtb007

Follower
Reactions

The biggest cost for auto ownership in the US is depreciation. Trucks and SUVs tend to hold their value better than cars -- which does tie into the irrational part of it -- but it is a fact that buyers consider. Depreciation isn't very efficiency dependent because gas still just isn't very expensive in the US.

I'm about to sell my 4Runner I've had for 7 years. Going from sticker to today's value, it will have lost around $1700/yr. Fuel for the vehicle has roughly been $1500/yr. Had I chosen a 30mpg sedan like a V6 Avalon instead, I would have spent $1000/yr on fuel but the depreciation would have been closer to $2800/yr. All the fuel savings were eaten up by the depreciation. If gas gets really expensive, all those numbers change. Even at today's elevated gas prices, the operating cost isn't drastically high.

GoHuskers

Fan
Reactions

This is what the great country of the USA is. We, the people, have choices and that's great. If you don't live in America it is hard to understand (I know you said you moved here few months ago but still). Yes, transport 5-6 people in a 3 ton vehicle or driving pickup trucks to get grocery is such a waste. The same can be said for 2 people living a 5000 sq ft home with 8-cars garage. If you CAN afford it then Why not.
This is Do-able but would you turn down the option to travel the country in a $100k Slades, Navigator, GLS, or LX600? I doubt that. The point is - it is GREAT to have options and the freedom to choose it