4th Generation Toyota Highlander (and Grand Highlander) Thread

Gecko

Administrator
Reactions
Well the gas 2.4LT is replacing the 3.5 v6. 340hp in a camry? No lol

There are performance Camry models... ya know?

maxresdefault.jpg

NomadDan

Follower
Reactions
I used to think the T24 was going to basically be the replacement for the GR engines and be offered in every vehicle that had the GR. Now that the S20 is in the picture, I’m not so sure about this anymore. I tend to think we will see the T24 in the midsize SUVs, with the S20 going in the sedans (Camry, ES, maybe the Corolla SE) and smaller SUVs (Rav4, UX). The T24 hybrid could show up in a TRD Camry or ESF though.

No more transverse V6s from Toyota or Lexus, IMO.

maiaramdan

Expert
Reactions
Crown sedan , Lexus LS , Lexus LC and Century are here to stay FR still available and will always be

Motor

Expert
Reactions
Why didn’t the Highlander get a face lift with the new power train? It hasn’t aged well. Could it happen when the Grand Highlander debuts?

qtb007

Follower
Reactions
I used to think the T24 was going to basically be the replacement for the GR engines and be offered in every vehicle that had the GR. Now that the S20 is in the picture, I’m not so sure about this anymore. I tend to think we will see the T24 in the midsize SUVs, with the S20 going in the sedans (Camry, ES, maybe the Corolla SE) and smaller SUVs (Rav4, UX). The T24 hybrid could show up in a TRD Camry or ESF though.

No more transverse V6s from Toyota or Lexus, IMO.
The West Virginia plant didn't tool up for the S20 when they launched the T24 earlier this year. News articles on Kentucky plant specifically call out the T24 (no mention of the S20). S20 is currently only built in Japan. Possible that they will get engines from Japan for Camry, but Toyota historically hasn't done that other than bridging capacity for an engine built in the US. Corolla getting the T24 is 100% not happening.

I imagine that the ES will be the only Toyota sedan to get a T24/S20 engine.

JustADude

Follower
Reactions
The West Virginia plant didn't tool up for the S20 when they launched the T24 earlier this year. News articles on Kentucky plant specifically call out the T24 (no mention of the S20). S20 is currently only built in Japan. Possible that they will get engines from Japan for Camry, but Toyota historically hasn't done that other than bridging capacity for an engine built in the US. Corolla getting the T24 is 100% not happening.

I imagine that the ES will be the only Toyota sedan to get a T24/S20 engine.
I don't see any sedan getting the S20, or possibly any car in NA. 240hp we already see that in their 350h models, so no point. Camry and ES would get T24, ES with awd.

Sulu

Admirer
Reactions
It has a rather long rear overhang also. Makes me wonder if the Grand Highlander is just a longer Highlander with no stretch of the wheelbase.

maiaramdan

Expert
Reactions
first Grand Highlander spy photos

finally, but as 2024 will we see it on the next generation Highlander or will it be lagging 5 years than highlander
the next generation Highlander shall appear in 2024 as 2025 or 2025 as 2026 depending if toyota will go 5 years or 6 years span
the previous 3rd gen was 5 years and the first 2 gen were 6 years each

Motorsnwheels

Follower
Reactions
I’m wondering if this will debut with continued partnership with Mazda. The CX90 is set to debut in January, so I’m wondering if these vehicles will be built in conjunction much like the Corolla Cross and CX50?

Gecko

Administrator
Reactions
I’m wondering if this will debut with continued partnership with Mazda. The CX90 is set to debut in January, so I’m wondering if these vehicles will be built in conjunction much like the Corolla Cross and CX50?

These are being built in Indiana with the new TX.