3rd Generation Toyota Tundra (2022+) Master Thread

Flagship1

Follower
Reactions
The collection of data points of particular issues on the tundra by some of these channels is immense.

From the looks of select videos you would be led to believe the tundra as weather seal defects, transmission defects etc across the board.

NomadDan

Follower
Reactions
I think there is a major problem, but I also think it’s being exaggerated. Much of the exaggeration comes from people who have already become frustrated and disenfranchised by the high cost of Toyota BOF products now. The people who were opposed to the loss of the V8 are also now feeling vindicated as well (and perhaps rightfully so).

I’ve always been cautiously optimistic about the V35, but we are now four years into production (more if you include the LS), and the kinks should be worked out by now. I wouldn’t be surprised if the V35 goes down as being the worse Toyota engine since the 12 valve 3.0 V6 in the late ‘80s/early ‘90s. Hopefully things will turn around.

Last edited:

Flagship1

Follower
Reactions
Just for clarity sakes this is previous gen V8 which has already has another owner cross a million miles. That owner went through two of them with crazy high miles before now going into his v35 third gen (dont quote me on that last bit as i believe i saw him on a youtube university video)

GoHuskers

Fan
Reactions
I've owned a '16 Tundra with a 5.7L V8 and currently a '24 with TT V6 iForceMax and the new one drives MUCH MUCH better than the old one. It drives even better than my GX460 and gets better MPG (lol). My wife who doesn't like trucks in general (both my '12 DCLB Taco or Tundra CM) loves this new Tundra and believes it is a BETTER purchase than the '24 LX600 we were trying to buy (of course it's also $40k cheaper)

Perhaps Toyota should offer each owner of the 3rd Gen Tundra a 10Y/100k miles Platinum warranty and the industry will go nuts.

Flagship1

Follower
Reactions
I've owned a '16 Tundra with a 5.7L V8 and currently a '24 with TT V6 iForceMax and the new one drives MUCH MUCH better than the old one. It drives even better than my GX460 and gets better MPG (lol). My wife who doesn't like trucks in general (both my '12 DCLB Taco or Tundra CM) loves this new Tundra and believes it is a BETTER purchase than the '24 LX600 we were trying to buy (of course it's also $40k cheaper)

Perhaps Toyota should offer each owner of the 3rd Gen Tundra a 10Y/100k miles Platinum warranty and the industry will go nuts.
Congrats. The only way toyota is issuing a longer warranty, is if magically the sales numbers drop off a cliff since the recall notice.