Reactions
2.4L Turbo iForce max like Tacoma.
Was the 2.4L hybrid for the '24 GX confirmed by Lexus? I had been looking through release materials and didn't see this mentioned. (I did see something from Paul Tan online about the 2.4L, but I didn't know if that was official/confirmed.)
I am also interested in everyone's thoughts on the merits of the announced V6 twin turbo vs. 2.4L hybrid (vs. any other hybrid possibility if the 2.4L hybrid has not yet been confirmed).
I was surprised to see the TX announcement with a V6 hybrid option and wondered if Lexus might surprise us again with a larger hybrid engine option for the GX.
Thanks for entertaining my questions as I am new, here.

Gecko

Administrator
Reactions
Was the 2.4L hybrid for the '24 GX confirmed by Lexus? I had been looking through release materials and didn't see this mentioned. (I did see something from Paul Tan online about the 2.4L, but I didn't know if that was official/confirmed.)
I am also interested in everyone's thoughts on the merits of the announced V6 twin turbo vs. 2.4L hybrid (vs. any other hybrid possibility if the 2.4L hybrid has not yet been confirmed).
I was surprised to see the TX announcement with a V6 hybrid option and wondered if Lexus might surprise us again with a larger hybrid engine option for the GX.
Thanks for entertaining my questions as I am new, here.

Welcome!! Glad you made it to Lexus Enthusiast.

Check this link and scroll down: https://global.toyota/en/newsroom/lexus/39264002.html

NomadDan

Follower
Reactions
Lexus has an amazing color pallet for the Overtrail. Atomic Silver has always been one of my favorite Lexus colors, Incognito looks fantastic, that new Earth color fits the style so nicely, and Nori Green is just beautiful. Difficult decision there.

I’d love to see an interior color other than black, especially on the dash. Espresso or dark red would look really good. Hopefully the 4 seat option, panoramic skylight, and rear climate controls make it to the Overtrail.

I think it’s awesome that Lexus has released such an offroad orientated model. Looking forward to seeing these built out.

qtb007

Follower
Reactions
Thanks for the quick confirmation of the 2.4L hybrid option, Gecko. Pluses of the (future) 2.4L hybrid over the '24 V6 twin turbo (in terms of driving performance alone)?
It should be more or less the same. 326hp and 465lb-ft versus 349hp and 479lb-ft. The weight penalty should be small on the hybrid since the engine itself is lighter to offset the electric motor (but not the HV battery). The instant torque of the hybrid will make it feel pretty similar though I expect the V6 to edge it out a little when it comes to 0-60 and 1/4mi.

I think the V6TT will probably tow better or at the very least have a higher tow rating.

Demetrius

Founding Member
Reactions
I’d love to see an interior color other than black, especially on the dash. Espresso or dark red would look really good. Hopefully the 4 seat option, panoramic skylight, and rear climate controls make it to the Overtrail.
Those 3-4 things would make it perfect. I hope they are on the Overtrail+

jphcbpa

Fan
Reactions
Lexus has an amazing color pallet for the Overtrail. Atomic Silver has always been one of my favorite Lexus colors, Incognito looks fantastic, that new Earth color fits the style so nicely, and Nori Green is just beautiful. Difficult decision there.

I think it’s awesome that Lexus has released such an offroad orientated model. Looking forward to seeing these built out.

I think nori green over chateau interior would look great on the overtrail trim - see pages 21 and 22 in this thread for some great photos of exterior and interior.

pacman1

Fan
Reactions
Hi guys,
New here, but long time lurker of this forum and have been Lexus fan since my GS. I secured a deposit for the upcoming GX in May. I have a question, if you could excuse my ignorance. I was wondering whether there was a possibility for a PHEV version? I noticed the TX, surely a heavy vehicle, being a 3 row, and why there was only a GX 550 and GX 550h mentioned but no “+” version. PHEVs have made its way down to NX, RX and now TX. Although capable of tackling the toughest of terrains I have to imagine that the majority of buyers are using this vehicle for city driving where a PHEV model would be perfect.

Reactions: RAL

Gor134

Admirer
Reactions
Hi guys,
New here, but long time lurker of this forum and have been Lexus fan since my GS. I secured a deposit for the upcoming GX in May. I have a question, if you could excuse my ignorance. I was wondering whether there was a possibility for a PHEV version? I noticed the TX, surely a heavy vehicle, being a 3 row, and why there was only a GX 550 and GX 550h mentioned but no “+” version. PHEVs have made its way down to NX, RX and now TX. Although capable of tackling the toughest of terrains I have to imagine that the majority of buyers are using this vehicle for city driving where a PHEV model would be perfect.
Don't hold your breath for any PHEV for the GX as there would've been a trademark for it. Maybe by the time the facelift comes out in 3-4 years there might be a PHEV, but don't count on it for now.