Levi

Expert
Reactions
With PHEVs from TMC, they now again prove their superiority in terms of hybrid tech. Would be nice if TMC could remain a leader in BEV tech too.

NXracer

Admirer
Reactions
Is the lack of Mark Levinson NX PHV's Achilles heel? Any Lexus is just a different car without it.
Depends on the person's understanding of audio sources effecting audio quality vs interpreting line items on a VSPEC as litmus test for ones testicular fortitude.

NXracer

Admirer
Reactions
With PHEVs from TMC, they now again prove their superiority in terms of hybrid tech. Would be nice if TMC could remain a leader in BEV tech too.
If the TX550h+ and some of our resident engineering gurus are correct, you are absolutely on the money, TMC is not letting off the gas in terms of PHEV superiority.

Last edited:

Nights

Fan
Reactions
Picked up the 450h+ on the weekend (in Australia). Been very happy with everything thus far. Electric range was close to advertised (got 75km in pure ev) and in HV mode, fuel economy has been excellent too (between 4.5-5L/100km) in the city. Ride has been excellent even on 20” runflats (Alenza 001 OEM).

Interior tech is a massive upgrade and very intuitive. The connected app has been very good too thus far.

Current wait times are September for the 450h+ and Sept/October for 350h here. Shorter for 250/350.

Benito

Fan
Reactions
Picked up the 450h+ on the weekend (in Australia). Been very happy with everything thus far. Electric range was close to advertised (got 75km in pure ev) and in HV mode, fuel economy has been excellent too (between 4.5-5L/100km) in the city. Ride has been excellent even on 20” runflats (Alenza 001 OEM).

Interior tech is a massive upgrade and very intuitive. The connected app has been very good too thus far.

Current wait times are September for the 450h+ and Sept/October for 350h here. Shorter for 250/350.
Congratulations on your new NX.

Reactions

Congrats on your 450h+. I also picked mine up last week in Canada. It's cold here and not getting 75km pure EV atm. At most I am getting about 59km due to the cold weather. Hopefully as things warm up, the EV range goes up too.

LS500-18

Follower
Reactions
Congrats on your 450h+. I also picked mine up last week in Canada. It's cold here and not getting 75km pure EV atm. At most I am getting about 59km due to the cold weather. Hopefully as things warm up, the EV range goes up too.
It will. I've had a RAV4 Prime for just over a year, mileage goes down in winter and up in summer like every other EV.

sl0519

Follower
Reactions
Did you get the Lexus Interface update?

It's alright. Clearly a huge step-up from RTI, but I also wouldn't say it's better than competitors'. The new gen MBUX and iDrive 8 are about to trickle down to all of their line-ups, and they are only going to get leaps and bounds better than their previous multimedia systems. In current state, I would say the graphics overall still leave rooms for improvements, especially with the 360 camera being a major sore point.

NXracer

Admirer
Reactions
The front shock absorbers in the affected vehicles are mounted to body panels that may be missing some spot-welds. Incorrect welding could eventually cause a shock absorber to separate from the mounting area, resulting in a loss of driving stability and increasing the risk of a crash. For all involved vehicles, Lexus dealers will inspect the welding near the shock absorber mounting areas. For vehicles with missing spot-welds, Toyota is developing the remedy for this condition and will notify owners after the remedy is developed.
Owners of involved vehicles will be notified by the middle of June 2022.

Another VSC recall for alot of 21-22 TGNA models but seems more of a fluke button combo. The spot welds are more pressing imho.

CRSKTN

Expert
Reactions

Another VSC recall for alot of 21-22 TGNA models but seems more of a fluke button combo. The spot welds are more pressing imho.

I got this recall. Enormously inconvenient and frankly a little insane. Not sure how you miss spot welds.

qtb007

Follower
Reactions
I got this recall. Enormously inconvenient and frankly a little insane. Not sure how you miss spot welds.
Easy. No good fault recovery. Robot that does the welds faults, operator that recovers the machine either had poor instruction or didn't follow the instruction for recovery. If it is a widespread thing that actually impacts all 4000 rather than some small portion of the 4000, it could be a welding robot giving regular faults where the program adjusted to troubleshoot and then poor changepoint management (maintenance member making the changes didn't understand the machine or what the required output was).

Last edited:

NXracer

Admirer
Reactions
I wonder if Lexus will actually provide a mechanical fix for these, or simply go the way of lemoning out existing problem vehicles once they confirm which VINs are affected?

Others have had issues such as Subaru B pillar, and BMW A pillar and they ended up replacing units rather then fix.

mikeavelli

Reactions
I wonder if Lexus will actually provide a mechanical fix for these, or simply go the way of lemoning out existing problem vehicles once they confirm which VINs are affected?

Others have had issues such as Subaru B pillar, and BMW A pillar and they ended up replacing units rather then fix.

I think the issue with replacement is when would you get one? Maybe 12 months?

Gecko

Administrator
Reactions
My GX had some failed/snapped welds within the first ~4k miles, and you can imagine how unhappy I was with that on a brand new $68k vehicle.

Lexus really did not care, hauled it off to a local body shop for some welding work and brought it back to me 2 weeks later.

I can't imagine they'll do any more than that for the NX, unfortunately.

Pretty bad Lexus customer experience.