mikeavelli

Reactions
We have had our 450h+ for 10 days not. The CarPlay is not at all stable. Profiles some times load some times not. Basically that part of the infotainment system is buggy as all hell. We are going back soon for the 3rd time to see if they can figure it out.
We have had 2018 Lexus NX, 2021 highlander hybrid platinum, 2015 lexus lx 570. And a couple of BMWs (2017 and 2018). This is the worst infotainment issues we have ever dealt with. It’s maddening. The vehicle is brilliant otherwise.

It wasn’t perfect for me too. Just some random bugs like not connecting was the main issue for me. I’ve heard they are working on an update. The massive screen is impressive as you know.

sl0519

Follower
Reactions
It wasn’t perfect for me too. Just some random bugs like not connecting was the main issue for me. I’ve heard they are working on an update. The massive screen is impressive as you know.

One little suggestion for NX owners specifically the 14'' unit:
It seems that you can hide the seat heating / ventilation bar on the navigation page only...which is a real bummer considering how much screen real estate it eats away...we used to joke on android phones having that extra black bar underneath...same goes to the Lexus interface except it looked even worse with double chin...I suspect most people only touch those functions during ignition (set and go then forget)...there should be a button for quick hide on every pages.

mikeavelli

Reactions
One little suggestion for NX owners specifically the 14'' unit:
It seems that you can hide the seat heating / ventilation bar on the navigation page only...which is a real bummer considering how much screen real estate it eats away...we used to joke on android phones having that extra black bar underneath...same goes to the Lexus interface except it looked even worse with double chin...I suspect most people only touch those functions during ignition (set and go then forget)...there should be a button for quick hide on every pages.
Good observation.

Reactions
We have had our 450h+ for 10 days not. The CarPlay is not at all stable. Profiles some times load some times not. Basically that part of the infotainment system is buggy as all hell. We are going back soon for the 3rd time to see if they can figure it out.
We have had 2018 Lexus NX, 2021 highlander hybrid platinum, 2015 lexus lx 570. And a couple of BMWs (2017 and 2018). This is the worst infotainment issues we have ever dealt with. It’s maddening. The vehicle is brilliant otherwise.
Lots of complained about the old infotainment system, but that was years of refinement and bug fixing. This one is new... it will take time to refine and fix bugs. Good thing it has OTA updates that can have continuous improvements.

NXracer

Admirer
Reactions
Lots of complained about the old infotainment system, but that was years of refinement and bug fixing. This one is new... it will take time to refine and fix bugs. Good thing it has OTA updates that can have continuous improvements.
seems like an owner actually was successful in lemoning out their vehicle for the infotainment issues on the NX.

Reactions
seems like an owner actually was successful in lemoning out their vehicle for the infotainment issues on the NX.
Yes. The owner has been complaining as he needs to communicate while driving and having a lot of issue.

mikeavelli

Reactions
Mazda CX-60 Plug in Hybrid has 323 hp, 369 tq, new 8 speed multi clutch automatic, 39 miles all electric range (WLTP cycle), 0-60 in 5.8s, and a rear wheel drive architecture. Yeah, the NX still looks better (to me), but those specs are really appealing.
It’s crazy people claim ACuRa is so technology oriented and offer no hybrids, EV’s or a plug in. Like everyone is past them.

Kudos to Mazda. That interior is beautiful too.

Benito

Fan
Reactions
Mazda CX-60 Plug in Hybrid has 323 hp, 369 tq, new 8 speed multi clutch automatic, 39 miles all electric range (WLTP cycle), 0-60 in 5.8s, and a rear wheel drive architecture. Yeah, the NX still looks better (to me), but those specs are really appealing.
Would you say that the new CX-60 is more competition for the next RX500h+ vs the NX450h+? It appears to be larger than the NX based on the photos.

Reactions
Would you say that the new CX-60 is more competition for the next RX500h+ vs the NX450h+? It appears to be larger than the NX based on the photos.
I think so. It’s definitely closer to the RX in size and the base price looks like it would land where the next gen RX hybrid (plug in, and conventional) would be priced.

mikeavelli

Reactions
Was there dimensions posted in the metric system? I can’t make it out either. Seems like a tweener but I could be wrong.

Motor

Expert
Reactions
The main benefits of plug-in hybrids are lower fuel and tax costs. On both counts the NX is the superior car here. Its efficiency advantage over the Audi only grows larger when the battery is depleted, too. Factor in excellent refinement and quality, plus Lexus turning what was once a big negative – its infotainment tech – into one of the NX’s best points, and it’s a deserved winner.