(2025MY+) 380D Camry Discussion

Gecko

Administrator
Reactions
Yes. The only advantage of the ES would be sound insulation, and IMO it is worth it. Sound insulation is for me one of the most important aspects in a new car purchase.

Agreed - excited for the next gen ES to land sometime soon!

larryren

Follower
Reactions
Greeting LE's Friends ChDM Camry are announced MSRP today. 2.0L petrol starting at 171800 to 196800 RMB. 2.0L hybrid are 179800 to 206800 RMB.
GAC-Toyota said 2.5H powertrain will introduce later. (network rumor said will introduce at June.)

autohomecar__ChtlyGXoYOmAOg2XAELa4JZ118k737.jpg

ssun30

Expert
Reactions
Given the price war they will probably sell the top trim at 170k RMB at most.

Last gen could be had for as low as 120K RMB at some dealerships.

larryren

Follower
Reactions
Given the price war they will probably sell the top trim at 170k RMB at most.

Last gen could be had for as low as 120K RMB at some dealerships.
Ahhh last gen, 140k for entry trim 2L petrol, 190k for 2.5HG best selling trim hybrid.

Last edited:

qtb007

Follower
Reactions
I really wish they'd have altered the character line that goes through the door handles from the previous gen. That's really the thing that makes this feel like a refresh instead of a redesign. I'm not one of these types that needs all new platform, glass, etc to consider it a new generation. It makes sense to reuse things that don't need to be replaced, but I think that the reused door skins really don't match the rest of the car. It would really tie the front and rear together with a slicker door skin.

internalaudit

Expert
Reactions
This new gen Camry is still on the 4th gen hybrid system or has it caught up with the Prius?

Oh, this answered my question lol.

Every 2025 Camry has a 2.5-liter inline-4 rated at 184 hp. The gasoline engine pairs with Toyota's fifth-gen version of the planetary-gear-configured hybrid system dubbed THS 5

Gor134

Admirer
Reactions
I really wish they'd have altered the character line that goes through the door handles from the previous gen. That's really the thing that makes this feel like a refresh instead of a redesign. I'm not one of these types that needs all new platform, glass, etc to consider it a new generation. It makes sense to reuse things that don't need to be replaced, but I think that the reused door skins really don't match the rest of the car. It would really tie the front and rear together with a slicker door skin.
Looks like a cost cutting move that the next ES is adopting as well. Same front door and A-Pillar reused, per the ES "teaser" from a few years ago.

Flagship1

Fan
Reactions
yoy we see sales decreases on the camry. Will this bump the needle even with glowing reviews that no buyer really invests into watching (word of mouth is the more popular, grandparent had one, grand child now has on).

internalaudit

Expert
Reactions
Reviews so far are all super positive. It seems to drive a ton better.

Crazy to think the Accord sometimes outsold the Camry or was 1 to 1 and the Camry outsells it 2-1.

That lead will grow now
The outgoing and upcoming Camry looks better than the two Accords.

Good to know it drives more dynamically. Even my CT200h has pretty decent steering feel so not sure why newer Toyota's can't have even better feel.

Sulu

Expert
Reactions
Maybe I am getting used to the styling (considering I have one in my driveway) but I find that I don't mind (or no longer mind) that character line, even in this latest-gen model. Personally, I find that the new front and rear ends, even in profile view, have really cleaned up the over-styling of the outgoing model.

Now I just hope that Toyota North America has improved the interior quality; it is what I really dislike about my 2022 Camry -- the interior just looks and feels really, really cheap. My wife's 2024 Prius Prime's interior just looks and feels so, so much better.

internalaudit

Expert
Reactions
Besides the larger cargo space and hatchback design and personal preference, is there any reason to go with a Prius over this 2025 Camry now? It seems both have very decent driving dynamics.

Camry has more power, can also have AWD, has better rear visibility it seems.

I think the 2025 will be slightly cheaper overall.

Sulu

Expert
Reactions
Besides the larger cargo space and hatchback design and personal preference, is there any reason to go with a Prius over this 2025 Camry now? It seems both have very decent driving dynamics.

Camry has more power, can also have AWD, has better rear visibility it seems.

I think the 2025 will be slightly cheaper overall.
The Prius Prime has a smaller cargo compartment than the Camry and it is also a smaller car; the rear seat has less leg room and is noticeably narrower. The Prius serves well as my wife's personal car but not really as the family car (especially when my aging parents come along), which is why I drive the Camry.

My wife was looking for an EV or a PHEV (due to high and climbing fuel prices) and because Honda did not offer either (she had always driven Hondas), she placed an order for the Prius Prime; we are most definitely not high-riding crossover drivers so the RAV4 Prime was never really considered.

I am now waiting for a Camry Prime (if the interior quality can match Japanese-built quality), a Crown Signia Prime (if it does not ride as high as other Toyota crossovers) or an ES h+.

internalaudit

Expert
Reactions
The Prius Prime has a smaller cargo compartment than the Camry and it is also a smaller car; the rear seat has less leg room and is noticeably narrower. The Prius serves well as my wife's personal car but not really as the family car (especially when my aging parents come along), which is why I drive the Camry.

My wife was looking for an EV or a PHEV (due to high and climbing fuel prices) and because Honda did not offer either (she had always driven Hondas), she placed an order for the Prius Prime; we are most definitely not high-riding crossover drivers so the RAV4 Prime was never really considered.

I am now waiting for a Camry Prime (if the interior quality can match Japanese-built quality), a Crown Signia Prime (if it does not ride as high as other Toyota crossovers) or an ES h+.

The more I read owner experiences online, the more I gravitate towards Toyota and Lexus.

Would also love a PHEV but my driving to work for 90 miles round trip often thrice a week is probably better eventually served by a BEV. Will probably baby the battery on that though and keep SOC below a certain threshold lol. Need it to last as long as my ICEV and HEV.

Still waiting and hoping Canada follows CARB with PHEV 15 year 150,000 miles battery and hybrid components eventually when EV adoption isn't go as planned lol. Then I may settle for a PHEV if the warranty is the much better. Also Toyota talked about 125 mile PHEVs soon so I might as well see if that comes to fruition as that would be perfect for my commute.