2025 INFINITI QX80

ssun30

Expert
Reactions
I honestly don't know what can be done to "fix" the LX. Or even Lexus thinks it needs to be fixed.

A powertrain and interior update is fine but still doesn't solve the problem that it's hard limited by its physical size. Toyota is hell-bent on the 2850mm golden wheelbase even though it no longer makes sense as 1) the not-light-duty F2 platform has grown to that size and 2) it just means they need to add overhang to increase interior space which defeats the focus on off-road capability they wanted to keep with that wheelbase.

It's time to move on from a limit they put on themselves 3 decade ago and have a consistent global model to unify the Land Cruiser station wagon and the Sequoia, like what Infiniti did a decade ago.

Flagship1

Fan
Reactions
I honestly don't know what can be done to "fix" the LX. Or even Lexus thinks it needs to be fixed.

A powertrain and interior update is fine but still doesn't solve the problem that it's hard limited by its physical size. Toyota is hell-bent on the 2850mm golden wheelbase even though it no longer makes sense as 1) the not-light-duty F2 platform has grown to that size and 2) it just means they need to add overhang to increase interior space which defeats the focus on off-road capability they wanted to keep with that wheelbase.

It's time to move on from a limit they put on themselves 3 decade ago and have a consistent global model to unify the Land Cruiser station wagon and the Sequoia, like what Infiniti did a decade ago.
What is the golden ratio of 2850mm?

ssun30

Expert
Reactions
What is the golden ratio of 2850mm?
It's what Toyota believes to be the optimal wheelbase for off-road since the 80 series.

But what they left out was the the other "golden ratio" of 1.7:1 length:wheelbase ratio, which means an overall length of 4850mm. But over the generations they had to add more overhangs to increase interior space so they keep losing approach and departure angles. The 300 series now has worse length:wheelbase ratio than many FWD crossovers (RAV4 is at 1.74:1 while LX600 is 1.78:1).

mikeavelli

Reactions
The biggest problem of LX sales are the TX and GX. The QX size alone is probably setting itself to compete against the navigator, caddy.

The other big thing with the Infiniti and its clientile is that they are use to firesale leasing and finance programs. Dealers i assume are going to have a tough time weaning folks off that mindset, and probably are going to want to appeal conquest buyers who dont mind the price tag.

Tons of fleet too. X7, Escalade and QX80 are all over rental lots. No LX’s at all.

What I do hope for is a substantial interior change and refresh like the 2017 or so LX 570. We know the rumored Lx hybrid is coming.

Flagship1

Fan
Reactions
Tons of fleet too. X7, Escalade and QX80 are all over rental lots. No LX’s at all.

What I do hope for is a substantial interior change and refresh like the 2017 or so LX 570. We know the rumored Lx hybrid is comin
They got to move the metal somehow

I was reviewing Days Supply, Infinti got em beat.
QX=188
CADDY=47
LX=42
GLS=84
X7=62
Nav=138

Gor134

Admirer
Reactions
VERY very impressed with this QX80. If only they put this much attention to the Q50.