2025 INFINITI QX80

Flagship1

Fan
Reactions
Looks like it will be powered by Google Automotive services. Thats a good upgrade from whatever it has now. Hopefully the software is polished and able to do otas.

Motor

Expert
Reactions

As the flagship SUV in the INFINITI range, the 2025 QX80 delivers confident, capable performance balanced with refinement. All models feature a standard VR35DDTT 3.5-liter twin-turbocharged engine, rated for 450 horsepower and 516 lb-ft of torque – increases of 50 horsepower and 103 lb-ft versus the outgoing QX80. Electronically controlled variable valve timing on the intake contributes to crisp throttle response.

Bravo.

Flagship1

Fan
Reactions
Hopefully the new QX80 will motivate Lexus to put more effort into the refresh LX. LX deserves to have a better treatment.
Refined powertrain/hybridization, massaging front seats, some new interior appointments color and materials wise.

The biggest issue with the LX is the space I believe. The hybrid system would have to be revolutionary in design and packaging to make any significant changes to match the American BOFs.

mikeavelli

Reactions
According to what I read on Wikipedia, Infiniti is only selling in 25 countries in the 3 major areas of North America (does this include Mexico?), Middle East and China.

A decade ago, Infiniti was selling in 50 countries but has since left Western Europe, South Africa, Australia and New Zealand, East Asia (including Hong Kong, moving its HQ back to Japan from Hong Kong), and left the former Soviet Union states, leaving it with only half its footprint.

Autonews had an executive report they hope to get back to 100k units a year here. They were at I think 58k which is dismal.

Motor

Expert
Reactions
Grade
MSRP
PURE RWD
$82,450​
PURE 4WD
$85,550​
LUXE RWD
$89,550​
LUXE 4WD
$92,650​
SENSORY 4WD
$100,645​
AUTOGRAPH 4WD
$110,595​

UZJ100GXR

Follower
Reactions
It's much bigger than the LC300/LC
The Nissan Patrol twin will steal lots of sales from the LC300.

The LX exterior looks better to me but the interior..no comparison...

Lx needs an update...yesterday.

Gecko

Administrator
Reactions
I don’t care much for the exterior design, but the interior is pretty stunning in every way: detail, trim, design, lighting, technology, execution.

Ironic that Lexus has one of the least competitive and most underwhelming interiors in this (flagship) segment. As they’ve been moving away from trims and wood, I guess that’s what happens. They need to get back in the game. Even Lincoln has some very strong interiors these days, and Cadillac too.

sl0519

Follower
Reactions
Those edge to edge screens alone is enough to sway me from buying any Lexus.
Good luck sticking with those dinosours 8'' MID lol.

UZJ100GXR

Follower
Reactions
I don’t care much for the exterior design, but the interior is pretty stunning in every way: detail, trim, design, lighting, technology, execution.

Ironic that Lexus has one of the least competitive and most underwhelming interiors in this (flagship) segment. As they’ve been moving away from trims and wood, I guess that’s what happens. They need to get back in the game. Even Lincoln has some very strong interiors these days, and Cadillac too.
I wish lexus went all out with the LX interior...
Atleast the LS interior was pretty nice when it first came out. LX 600 interior wasn't that great from day 1.

Whatever minor update they have planned for the LX interior won't be enough. The interior needs a thorough refresh.

Last edited:

Sulu

Expert
Reactions

Lexus and Toyota need an across-the-board refinement of their vehicle interiors (I am speaking about the North American lineup), starting with the Corolla and going up to the Camry, ES and the rest of the Lexus lineup. Interior quality (especially perceived quality) has really degenerated in the past 2 or 3 generations (past decade or so).

Honda's interior quality beats Toyota. And Lincoln has really improved their interiors over the last few years.

There must be some way to get suppliers to provide interior dashboard and door card materials that look and feel better -- at comparable cost -- than what is currently offered. If other automakers can do it, so can Toyota and Lexus.

Gecko

Administrator
Reactions
I agree with everything you said except Honda interiors being nicer. I've been in plenty of Accord and Civic ubers, and they have just as much hard, cheap shiny plastic on the door panels and touch surfaces as the Camry and Corolla. I think they photograph nicely, but the tactile experience in person is no better.

Flagship1

Fan
Reactions
It's much bigger than the LC300/LC
The Nissan Patrol twin will steal lots of sales from the LC300.

The LX exterior looks better to me but the interior..no comparison...

Lx needs an update...yesterday.
The biggest problem of LX sales are the TX and GX. The QX size alone is probably setting itself to compete against the navigator, caddy.

The other big thing with the Infiniti and its clientile is that they are use to firesale leasing and finance programs. Dealers i assume are going to have a tough time weaning folks off that mindset, and probably are going to want to appeal conquest buyers who dont mind the price tag.