2025 INFINITI QX80

Reactions

This car looks new... like from the ground-up new...

Hoping this is a great car for Infiniti and revives their brand again. This and the QX60 should be an excellent one-two punch at the top. Now they need better cars towards their entry-level space.

ssun30

Expert
Reactions
They did say their main goal is beating the LX600. And I'd say they did.

ssun30

Expert
Reactions
In terms of power…?
In being a bigger more comfortable SUV still capable of going offroad but not necessarily hardcore, which always is the case?

But I may be biased. I have always preferred the Patrol/QX vs. LC/LX from my past experience.

Gecko

Administrator
Reactions
LX 600 is not a difficult product to one-up: it’s deficient on power, luxury, technology and features.

With that said, this is Infiniti we’re talking about - a brand hasn’t had a home run or even a good showing in the last 20 years. While the LX is vulnerable, I’ll be curious if Infiniti even has the ability to kick Lexus while they’re down.

I think an ass whipping from the QX 80 would be a great thing for Lexus - they need it and they deserve it. Looking at history, I’m not just sure Infiniti is fully capable of dishing it out but I hope so. More competition for Lexus would be better.

mikeavelli

Reactions
I’m looking forward to this, I’m sure they will knock it out.

As for the LX, Land Cruiser and LX buyers want just that. They don’t want anything else. This also sells a ton to fleets. Every rental company has tons of QX80s.

Flagship1

Fan
Reactions
1st row heated/venti, audio, and massage
2nd row everything except audio
3rd row no audio and massage.

The QX80 is thus far shaping up to be designed to be catering to the whims and needs of the american market.

Gecko

Administrator
Reactions
If I'm not mistaken, isn't AMER the only market where Infiniti is relevant anymore?

Flagship1

Fan
Reactions
Straight up spaceship inside. Hopefully the materials quality is as advanced as the mood lighting/tech. The current gen LS glass interior accents and door cards are really all about attention to detail, while the LX is not so much.

Gecko

Administrator
Reactions
Front end is giving Hyundai Palisade for me, unfortunately. Interior seems nice if you love screens.

Sulu

Expert
Reactions
If I'm not mistaken, isn't AMER the only market where Infiniti is relevant anymore?
According to what I read on Wikipedia, Infiniti is only selling in 25 countries in the 3 major areas of North America (does this include Mexico?), Middle East and China.

A decade ago, Infiniti was selling in 50 countries but has since left Western Europe, South Africa, Australia and New Zealand, East Asia (including Hong Kong, moving its HQ back to Japan from Hong Kong), and left the former Soviet Union states, leaving it with only half its footprint.