Reactions
Also the croc wearing media is in Austin for the TX press event.
giphy.gif

Reactions
I wonder when the reviews will start hitting. I saw Redline Reviews say theirs will be up 10/11. I was thinking they'd start coming in earlier but I assume there must be an embargo that lifts that day.

Curious to see what people say about how the base engine feels in this versus the GH. And I really want to see some video of that birch interior!
Yes I couldnt agree more. I was expecting oct. 5th but guess I'm wrong lol.

mikeavelli

Reactions
I wonder when the reviews will start hitting. I saw Redline Reviews say theirs will be up 10/11. I was thinking they'd start coming in earlier but I assume there must be an embargo that lifts that day.

Curious to see what people say about how the base engine feels in this versus the GH. And I really want to see some video of that birch interior!

He will say something like the HR-V is a better buy. 🤣

mikeavelli

Reactions
It’s obvious the TX and LBX take the downsized and evolved spindle and adds this chrome bar into the headlights and now upside down DRL. Fog lamps are there. No triple LED either. GX spindle is smaller but keeps traditional styling cues.

Curious how this affects new product

1696603801622.jpeg

1696603694036.jpegIMG_0950.jpegIMG_0951.jpeg

Reactions
A TX350h has been confirmed to not happen. It wont get the 2.5 liter hybrid. @mikeavelli if you are able to go to austin texas can you inquire on whether there is any possibility of a normal hybrid v6?

mikeavelli

Reactions
There are a lot of different settings in the TX with Lexus Interface. I show a few below

2024 Lexus TX 500h | Interior StartUp and Different Driver Meter (Gauge) Options (Sport, Normal)

sl0519

Follower
Reactions
There are a lot of different settings in the TX with Lexus Interface. I show a few below

2024 Lexus TX 500h | Interior StartUp and Different Driver Meter (Gauge) Options (Sport, Normal)

I'm glad it's better than before for sure but I think they should just hire unreal engine developers to help them design their graphics.
It still looks very dated tbh.

qtb007

Follower
Reactions
A TX350h has been confirmed to not happen. It wont get the 2.5 liter hybrid. @mikeavelli if you are able to go to austin texas can you inquire on whether there is any possibility of a normal hybrid v6?
Why the desire for the V6 hybrid? It was in the last gen RX 450h where it posted slightly less fuel efficiency than the RX 500h while being 1.6 seconds slower to 60 and 1.2 seconds slower in the 1/4 mi. I get the desire for the 2.5L hybrid because it would probably return 30-32mpg pretty regularly in the TX, but ultimately those buying a $60k Lexus probably don't care about the fuel cost difference between 27mpg and 31mpg.

Ian Schmidt

Reactions
Why the desire for the V6 hybrid? It was in the last gen RX 450h where it posted slightly less fuel efficiency than the RX 500h while being 1.6 seconds slower to 60 and 1.2 seconds slower in the 1/4 mi.
You can't really quantify it in the specs, but the RX 450h is unexpectedly super fun to drive, much moreso than the other RX powertrains of that generation. It punches well above its weight on that scale, and while I don't think that would translate to the larger and heavier TX I'm sure at least some people asking for it have that in mind.

Motor

Expert
Reactions

First generation TX ushers in a new era of three-row luxury
• Three powertrains, including a Lexus-first PHEV combined with a powerful V6 engine
• Spacious third-row legroom and generous cargo space of 20.2 cubic-feet behind the third row
• Lexus Safety System+ 3.0 standard on all 2024 TX models
• First Lexus vehicle to be assembled at Toyota Motor Manufacturing, Indiana
• Staring MSRP of $55,050 (includes DPH)