Reactions
The Panoramic roof is a MASSIVE disappointment on an 80k car. I also wish the interior had more visual opulence, like with the RX.

Reactions
The engine lineup was as whiff. It should have been as follows:

2.5 4cyl hybrid (52k) (33mpg)(luxury, premium, and normal)

4cyl hybrid max (62k) (26mpg) (hp advantage over standard v6 hybrid) (lux, premium, and milder version of overtrail??)

v6 2gr normal hybrid (63k) (31mpg)(smoothness advantage over hybrid max) (premium with some options selected and luxury)

v6 2gr with a plug in hybrid system (70k) (30mpg) (406 horsepower) (possible f sport performance trim) (luxury+ from gx with removable middle seat with a decent center console (like with Mazda cx90) and the same possible milder version of over trail that we find in the hybrid max Let me know what you think of this!!!!

Reactions
We should accept the new reality that Lexus is no longer considering itself a value luxury brand now.

it's actually a bit surprising how close in price the RX is to the TX. however given how relatievly not luxurious they are, the pricing of the TX makes sense.

They are playing down to Acura/Infiniti/Buick vs MB and BMW that they used to aim for

CRSKTN

Expert
Reactions
They target specific opportunities with specific models how many times do i have to stay stop thinking of it like a planned-from-the-start monolith "targeting" this or that brand aside from overall positioning.

964.jpeg

If anything theyre going to a porsche lite model of nickel and diming with certain segments

Reactions
They target specific opportunities with specific models how many times do i have to stay stop thinking of it like a planned-from-the-start monolith "targeting" this or that brand aside from overall positioning.

View attachment 8059

If anything theyre going to a porsche lite model of nickel and diming with certain segments
oh, i don't doubt that at all, it's a better business strategy. but what lexus aims for today vs what we are accustomed to is no longer the same thing. Lexus will sell a ton of these

mikeavelli

Reactions
@mikeavelli what do you think of my powertrain options?

The only miss i see is people on my Youtube channel asking where is a 350h. We only get the I-4 with no hybrid option. I assume it will come.

500h i’m fine with as 550h+

Perfect world, yeah give me higher performance version. Let’s make a 5.0 V-8 650h+. But i know that ain’t happening.

I think what you posted makes sense but I have little trouble with what Lexus is offering.

Reactions
The only miss i see is people on my Youtube channel asking where is a 350h. We only get the I-4 with no hybrid option. I assume it will come.

500h i’m fine with as 550h+

Perfect world, yeah give me higher performance version. Let’s make a 5.0 V-8 650h+. But i know that ain’t happening.

I think what you posted makes sense but I have little trouble with what Lexus is offering.
wait so you think that a standard 350h will come at some point? That will be amazing. I think what will solve the current gripes with the powertrain is to have a v6 hybrid, since it solves the issue with power to a certain extent and adds smoothness. I think that 70k is too much for a glorified hybrid max though. what are your thoughts. I really hope a 350h will come.

Reactions
wait so you think that a standard 350h will come at some point? That will be amazing. I think what will solve the current gripes with the powertrain is to have a v6 hybrid, since it solves the issue with power to a certain extent and adds smoothness. I think that 70k is too much for a glorified hybrid max though. what are your thoughts. I really hope a 350h will come.
A $10k upcharge for a gussied up Grand Highlander Platinum isn't all *that* obscene.

Reactions
Lazy thinking
The main reason I would pay the extra amount is for the powertrain. I want a decent powertrain without German unreliability. Unfortunately, the TX just isn't delivering on that. I have my hopes up for an electric "TZ" with the upgraded lithium-ion, but it needs at least 450 mi of range.

mikeavelli

Reactions

I am guessing on 350h. That is my personal opinion. I hope it comes.

2024 Lexus TX 350/500h Silver Hue Comparison | Celestial Silver/Cloudburst Grey/Incognito

For anyone that wanted to see the 3 silvers together

Reactions: RAL
Reactions
Might just be me, but I'm so ready for the monochromatic era of paint colors to be over. I know Lexus has a blue for the TX, but across the industry it seems it's in vogue to offer a million different shades of gray, black, and white, but only offer one or two other colors, if that.

Reactions
Also the croc wearing media is in Austin for the TX press event.
I wonder when the reviews will start hitting. I saw Redline Reviews say theirs will be up 10/11. I was thinking they'd start coming in earlier but I assume there must be an embargo that lifts that day.

Curious to see what people say about how the base engine feels in this versus the GH. And I really want to see some video of that birch interior!