Reactions
Reactions
Anyone know if the 550H+ will have the 350 front seats or the 500H front seats, or have its own seat?

JC1

Reactions
Anyone know when Lexus Canada will reveal the price of theTX for Canada?
Lexus Canada website has no updates.

JC1

Reactions
Imagine $80k for 550h+ without $7.5k EV credit. Lexus successfully priced themselves out for the plugin.
In Canada the RX500h starts at 84k...plug in RX is 90k.
Since the TX is a model above the RX...im worried the TX500H will mid to high 80K let alone the 550H will likely be closer to 95k

Reactions
Since the TX is a model above the RX...im worried the TX500H will mid to high 80K let alone the 550H will likely be closer to 95k

I don't care what anyone says, if anyone buys a RX at those prices (CAD) then they're a f*cking idiot. Buy a BMW X5 40i instead and be done with it.

The RX is grossly overpriced in Canada and with the exception of interior tech and the availability of hybrid powertrains (which are still overpriced), the competition offers better cars.

The competition offers cars that have bigger engines with better MPG, higher quality interiors, and more refinement.

Last edited:

Sulu

Expert
Reactions
Cdn$84k ~ US$63k (or less) at typical exchange rates
Cdn$90k ~ US$67.5k (or less) at typical exchange rates

pacman1

Fan
Reactions
I don't care what anyone says, if anyone buys a RX at those prices (CAD) then they're a f*cking idiot. Buy a BMW X5 40i instead and be done with it.

The RX is grossly overpriced in Canada and with the exception of interior tech and the availability of hybrid powertrains (which are still overpriced), the competition offers better cars.

The competition offers cars that have bigger engines with better MPG, higher quality interiors, and more refinement.
I would say calling anyone an idiot over picking one brand over another is a bit harsh. Some people just like predictable reliability or their past experience owning a Lexus or BMW or whatever. Not everyone needs the biggest engine, and people who can afford these prices probably don’t care as much about what a competing brand offers. Just my 2 cents.

Reactions
wow this is getting interesting lol. my personal take is this. TX phev should have been 68, rx 63, tx500h at 60, rx500h at 56. Also it is worth saying that the 2022 rx450h with a v6 would have been a great standard hybrid powertrain...

ssun30

Expert
Reactions
We should accept the new reality that Lexus is no longer considering itself a value luxury brand now.

Reactions
I would say calling anyone an idiot over picking one brand over another is a bit harsh. Some people just like predictable reliability or their past experience owning a Lexus or BMW or whatever. Not everyone needs the biggest engine, and people who can afford these prices probably don’t care as much about what a competing brand offers. Just my 2 cents.

That's why I said get the X5 40i. It's efficient, reliable, and buttery smooth. It's everything that the Lexus does but actually is a capable crossover SUV.

It's just grossly overpriced.

Reactions
Is it correct that the 550h+ will not have a pano roof as an option? If true, that's a real shame, since it's available for the 350 and 500h...
Screenshot 2023-09-29 082031.png

ssun30

Expert
Reactions
Just went to the build site. A TX500h luxury trim still requires a $2380 package to get panoramic view monitor and digital rear view mirror (which should be standard on the BASE trim of this size class even in a mainstream brand). There's a $895 package to get digital key (again, should be standard on any luxury car released in 2023). The 1500W inverter is a $560 option when it's standard equipment on a Yaris hybrid in Japan and Europe.

I have no words. This company has become so stingy. Nickel-and-dime even on the top trim of their biggest product. Seriously a lot of the extra charge features are now standard on mainstream brand products.

The value of the TX is just trash. For the price of TX500h luxury you can almost get a Sequoia Capstone, which has an actual Lexus-worthy interior, can tow way more, runs on regular fuel and can actually go offroad.

Nights

Fan
Reactions
My sister had to take her brand new X7 in 3 times in the first six months of ownership because bits of interior trim kept falling off. It did have a big engine though!